Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Croatian players welcomed back to Croatia by 550k people in Zagreb
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Surreal.

Something like this very rarely happens. And especially in country with <4 million people. I was on main square, where biggest attraction was supposed to happen, but it took a while, about 7 hours longer than expected. Because whole path from airport to main square was filled with people, and bus with players couldn't break through easily.

But all these hours of waiting proved to be right decision, it was unbeliveable atmosphere in Zagreb. I lost my voice and my legs were dead but who cares really, there was a lot of fun.

Modrić, Ćorluka, Lovren and Vrsaljko singing, whole Zagreb greeting Dalić, and best part - drunk Kovačić

This probably doesn't mean anything to non-Croatians but it was unbeliveable.

Honestly I never thought I would see something this big happening right here in Croatia. I wasn't born when Croatia proclaimed indenpendence, but seeing this just shows how happy are people and how much they love our country, no matter what.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

I'm non-croatian and I find this incredible. When you see the reaction from certain country after their national team failed to win world cup, its refreshing to see people treat them like hero and celebrating with them in such a manner after they ended second. I alway said it, having the trophy doesn't mean your the champion, its how people react to your performance that make a campaign special. In my mind, thats why there were a lot more winner than usual in this world cup. Really happy for Croatia and its national team. :D

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Holy crap, looks amazing! That feeling of national pride is truly the best feeling in the world, and no one can take that away from you. Congratulations again, Croatian. You guys really deserve to feel proud of what was achieved in this world cup, no matter the odds!

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

So beautiful, give me goosebumps seeing this.

Totally deserved!

Croatian 6 years ago

We really had luck that from all of these people no one had any serious injury, and no serious incident. Except general lack of water. Thanks guys for checking it, glad to see you recognize how big this was.

And yeah, YouTube is doing its best with deleting videos. But I think it's pretty easy to find videos everywhere.

expertfootball11 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

@Croatian, You managed your celebration better than us... Our bus stayed 12 minutes at the Champs-Elysees instead of 2h in 1998... Big shame, bit I guess you don’t have terrorists in Croatia...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Croatian, You managed your celebration than us... Our bus stayed 12 minutes at the Champs-Elysees instead of 2h in 1998... Big shame, bit I guess you don’t have terrorists in Croatia...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@expertfootball To be fair, and I mean no harm but France have never been known for their security. Hope they work on it in the future. :(

Croatian 6 years ago

@expert, yeah, French people still remember those attacks. I wouldn't feel safe either, big mass of people like this is easy target for them. But honestly I expected bit better from France, didn't seem so emotional from what I've seen, maybe I didn't watch right tapes.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Deserved! Should have been the winners, IMO, but they can go home proud anyhow.