Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

david luiz to chelsea good deal or??(i think its smart move from conte and chelsea board
ayanle11 8 years ago
Chelsea, Brazil 5 105

??

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

As I've said before, there is a reason why David Luiz starts for Brazil and PSG. He was never worth 50m, but he's an above-average player nonetheless.

As I'm sure many Chelsea fans are aware, David Luiz is a fantastic ball-playing CB who occasionally forgets he's a CB and pretends to be a midfield player. While this can be potentially problematic in a 2-CB set, if Conte does indeed play with 3 CB's, you are actually going to need a David Luiz to play a CB/CDM hybrid when you're on the attack.

It's a good move imo.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sun Its a very good move for Chelsea and maybe even for David since he might start for chelsea (whereas Marquinhos was gonna start for PSG and Luiz would have been a backup). However, its a terrible move for PSG who lost quite a bit of money out of that whole deal. I don't care if he had unfinished business at Chelsea, I can't help but feel like as soon as he was told he wasn't gonna be first choice, he forced the move as much as he could. Not impressed by the choice of the player even if it work with Conte strategy. PSG and Chelsea are the only french and english I consider to have a rivality yet he switch between the two like it was nothing and without a care. I don't care if its a good move for Chelsea, all I see is a player who left a team that lost his last match in part because of him and go join a team that have 9 point out of 3 game. I don't see any class from the lad and I'm pretty annoyed by his decision.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

He's good, but he made far too many stupid mistakes and often forgot his own position.

I dont like him personally, so my opinion is a bit bias, I think it's stupid

A panic buy

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He's good, but he made far too many stupid mistakes and often forgot his own position.

I dont like him personally, so my opinion is a bit bias, I think it's stupid

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

I agree with Tuan, yes he has made many stupid mistakes and I personally don't like him. But he was not that bad as some people rate him, and I think it's stupid for PSG to rely on Marquinhos to fill the void left by him

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

PSG fans were pretty happy with the deal, knowing how Marquinhos is pushing for a starting place, a youngster that never disappointed. 73% of the PSG fans in a poll wanted to give him a try this season.
Doesn't mean David Luiz is mediocre, vs Barca he was injured and still obliged to play after yellow cards of PSG. Under Conte, he will be obliged to deliver. I think it's a good move from both teams.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Tiki I still think Chelsea put PSG on the spot with that last minute bid that was way inferior to what they had paid for him when he was at Chelsea, I know he is older now but I feel like Chelsea could have put more cash on the table to make it a bit more fair. Beside, now, PSG is thin in defense. :(

• History

@Tiki I still think Chelsea put PSG on the spot with that last minute bid that was way inferior to what they had paid for him when he was at Chelsea, I know he is older now but I feel like Chelsea could have put more cash on the table to make it a bit more fair. Beside, now, PSG depth is now thin in defense. :(

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

well chelsea's priority was to buy koulibaly but napoli didn't want to sell him, i'm pretty happy with luiz firstly becuase he knows our club and is a great character and second he has so much experience and he is great with the ball that's the type of defender conte likes and he is also very good in defence but people only remember the mistakes.

we bought him for 21 million, sold him for 50 million and know bought him back for 32 million so that means that we only spent 3million on him which is absolutely amazing. he will prove many haters wrong!

538 11432

@chelsea8 Only if Conte remind him he is not John Cena. Cause in the last game, he sure looked like a wrestler. :P But more seriously, I hope he does suceed at Chelsea but I just hope he doesn't block Zouma from playing more game. :V

• History

@chelsea8 Only if Conte remind him he is not John Cena. :P

@chelsea8 Only if Conte remind him he is not John Cena. Cause in the last game, he sure looked like a wrestler. :P

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Notice how mostly non Chelsea fans think of him as a good move . This is a bad move ! It shows we are still small club mentality ! I am embarrassed ! We have Zouma and Christensen why not trust them and use them ? All that talk about Zouma needing time to recover all horse sht ! Apparently he needs to recover else where on the loan . David Luiz makes far too many dumb mistakes . He can be brilliant and can instantly become the most stupidest defender ever .

Back to point of being small club mentality thinking from our board who for the last 10 years been talking about creating youth and promoting our academy Players ! All talk but no move . Don't blame our managers , past and present . It is the damn board who puts pressure on the manager thus youth players who are apparently one of the best in the world ( won CL back to back ) but yet can't make it further than reserves or bench in Chelsea then get lost in our loan system .

I been saying hey if you not good enough maybe you shouldn't play but now I can see that we have good enough players but they are never given enough support and nourishment to grow into the world class player . They all stop to develop somewhere when they reach Chelsea's bench . Sick and tired of our fcking sporting director going abroad shopping for young players who block way for our youth players then some how none of them make it to first team !

Ok I am a bit exaggerating we had some success with young players but mostly it has been failure ! We were promised to have academy players in first team since 2011 ...

Also Luiz can go Fck himself for celebrating against us and also diving ! Which to me is worse cheating way !

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011enter image description here

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

Christensen isn't experienced enough. Zouma is good but a team needs 2 CBs and neither Cahill, nor Terry are good enough. Luiz is the best CB at Chelsea right now. Signing a better player would've cost too much, I think, as Koulibaly's asking price was more than 60 million I think. I like this decision, on the last day of the market, there isn't much to do. It's better to sign David Luiz than to sign no one.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

David luiz is similar to Ramos, both make dumb mistakes (Tho Luiz makes way more), and their mistakes are shadowed by their goals. Both defenders are goal scorers, scoring more than the average defender. David luiz is a wonderful defender, but he cannot be playing for a team like chelsea. If he can't learn from his mistakes, than I hope the best for him in Southhampton.

David needs to stop going forward and just sit back and do his job, if he doesnt like it and wants to score goals, than he should just sit on the bench. I honestly don't think its a bad move, David is a brave defender, he just needs to stay back more and think for the team more.

mladen 8 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Gery Neville once said : Luiz playing like he is controlled by 10 year old PES player. LOL and I don't know were CFC fans happier when they sold Luiz or when they bought him again :)

jokes aside ,he is good addition to already strong CFC team.

538 11432

To be sincere, I think this was a pretty controversial move, I think most big manager who joined the BPL already made some move like that. Conte didn't manage to get his target and had to go for David Luiz while Pep removed Joe Hart from the starting eleven and brought over Claudio Bravo. Clearly, those two move were controversial but I think both manager deserve the trust of their fan from what I saw. I mean, they managed 3 win out of 3 game for now, pretty good results for such a tough league.

• History

To be sincere, I think this was a pretty controversial move, I think most big manager who joined the BPL already made some move like that. Conte didn't manage to get his target and had to go for David Luiz while Pep removed Joe Hart from the starting eleven and brought over Claudio Bravo. Clearly, those two move were controversial but I think both manager deserve the trust of their manager from what I saw. I mean, they managed 3 win out of 3 game for now, pretty good results for such a tough league.

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

I don't think the Hart move was controversial at all. Anybody with a pair of functioning eyes could see Hart isn't good enough for an EPL winning team. I think the removal of Hart was quite expected.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Phenohyte Taking down a goalkeeper who have been there for nearly 10 year, has won many trophy with the team and is a respected international player to send him to play for Torino, a team that view english fan might even know. I think in the eye of the fan who loved Hart, thats a tiny bit controversial. They don't say a thing because they expected change from Pep and they expect him to make them win a lot of game (wich he already started doing) but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only shocked person by that move.

KaKa_CS 8 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 1 910

Great move. With Conte he will improve even more.

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

@Emobot7 I wasn't shocked at all. I think Hart deserves this and he's not a top GK. But I fully agree that the average English fan might be surprised.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Phenohyte To be sincere, Hart has a very good reputation as a keeper, while he had a pretty bad Euro, he is still considered by many as a top keeper. To be sincere, it wasn't because of his skill that Pep really wanted to get rid of him, it was because of his playing style, Pep won't a keeper who can launch the attack with his passing, Joe just doesn't have that kind of ability sadly. :(

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Phenohyte Who is a top GK if Hart is not?