{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

De Boer creates new record
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Fastest sacked manager in Premier League after just 4 games

enter image description here
Frank de Boer has been sacked as Crystal Palace manager after five games and 77 days in charge. The Eagles are 19th in the Premier League after losing 1-0 at Burnley on Sunday - and failed to score in their four league matches under De Boer. He is the shortest Premier League managerial tenure in terms of games, and the 47-year-old's past two jobs have lasted a combined 162 days.

De Boer was sacked by Inter Milan in November 2016 after 85 days.

Thoughts?

Comments
Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

When Tottenham Hotspur sacked Andre Villas-Boas, we were linked with both Pochettino and De Boer as his replacement. I very much wanted De Boer.

I'm very glad I didn't get what I wanted.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

It has become apparent to me that he sucks as a manager.

nigelpayne 7 years ago

Should have kept Pardew. Always thought he was a pretty decent manager.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Extremely embarrassing for the owner and the club. After just four games? They were dominating against Burnley too....just lacking confidence. Feel sorry for De Boer, doesn't deserve to be treated like this. Joke club, Palace is.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Legend gets 6 years pay for 162 days. Love dat.

But people don't know anything about him if he 'sucks as a manager'. He won 4 dutch league titles in a row, nearly getting 5 in his last season. If anyone here thinks sacking him after 5 games, with 4 rather good performances is the correct decision, then you don't know what your talking about.

Feel sorry for him, but they are getting ROY! Sick way to dodge the relegation fight. Moyes was another good candidate too you know.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Imo, should have been given more of a chance but the game against Huddersfield was embarassing. Propably what made him lose face. :( CP has quality player but I'm not sure I like the club mentality.

diehardMANUTDfan 7 years ago
Manchester United, Indonesia 1 76

I totally agree with nigelpayne about palace and their wrong decision to sack alan pardew. he is an amazing manager, he brought palace to tenth place back in the 14/15 season, when it was just the club's second consecutive year back in the premier league. that time he only had dwight gayle, chamakh, zaha, and appiah etc as forwards. imagine if pardew is still palace's manager, he can do great things with players like townsend, cabaye, benteke, zaha, wickham and more. plus riedewald and fosu-mensah for defenders. he might bring palace to another top 10 finish.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I'm very glad I didn't get what I wanted.

Could be very true, but could be very wrong. One or two game can decide their confident and at the moment Palace's confident is so low. He did well with a top team like Ajax with more decent squad compare to the rest, and caught surprise with EPL. May be it's just not the right team, may be he just sucks :D. Time was too short to judge

It's sad, but a reasonable sack... with the recent pressure, time and money.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Wonder if Roy will really do a better job, I don't have much fate in the man after the stunt with England national team, however, there is no doubt he has a lot of experience as a manager.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Wonder if Roy will really do a better job, I don't have much fate in the man after the stunt with England national team, however, there is no doubt the man has a lot of experience as a manager.

diehardMANUTDfan 7 years ago
Manchester United, Indonesia 1 76

btw does anybody know who will become de boer's successor and do what pardew might've been able to do?

nigelpayne 7 years ago

roy hodgson is the new manager @diehard

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

diehardMANUTDfan + nigelpayne

Why should Pardew have stayed? You know there are manager who are only good at short term notices. Pardew is one is them. Got Newcastle to 5th one season. Got Palace to 10th with a weaker team. Amazing. Then again, he left Palace in 17th position. Hull and Swansea ended up changing managers in the same season. Halfway in the season and they were in a relegation fight. Big Sam not only offers experience, but good football and a pretty much guaranteed Premier League status for another year. He ended up getting that for Palace, only to end up resigning. Sacking Pardew was not a mistake.