Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Disgusting Deportivo fans.
JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Title says it all.

They were chanting "Si se muere, qué se le va a hacer" which means Even if he dies, what will we do with him?

Thankfully Deportivo players asked them to stop and they gave a few claps before Torres left for the Hospital.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Torres almost died of asphyxiation when he swallowed his tongue. Thankfully, Gabi pulled it back out almost immediately.

Additionally, football is so intense in Spain that these kinds of chants are common. You should see the insults they hurl at Messi and Ronaldo, it's quite ridiculous at times. You won't see such intensity in England nowadays because of the daylight robbery that they call "stadium tickets".

At the same time, Spanish fans will cheer their heroes. Don't worry, there are some scumbags who chant things like that during the games. But in the case something unfortunate happened to a national hero like Torres, they would celebrate him. (Except for the Barcelona region, likely.)

Don't forget that Iniesta received a full standing ovation in the Santiago Bernabeu (Real Madrid's stadium) and the Cornella El-Prat (Espanyol's stadium) - FC Barcelona's two biggest rivals. This is no matter of joke. I haven't seen such an ovation anywhere else. Torres would have received a similar response if anything had happened to him.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I am just shocked by the attitude towards someone who almost died.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@JozeMourinho Football is like the rest of the world in a way. It got as many great supporter and fan as it got stupid moron who do this kind of stuff. Shamefull from the fan but respect to the player for telling them to stop.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I gotta think of these as extreme un-educated scums...

DarioUtd 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 27 493

Sheesh, you couldn't get much worse than that!! When i saw Torres land on his face then everyone rush over, i thought oh dear and even the guy that (fouled him) couldn't handle it. I couldn't watch the rest of the match it was too disturbing... I can't believe he nearly died as well and they were chanting that... agghh its disgusting as you said. Thankfully he came out of hospital and seemed fine.. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Sheesh, you couldn't get much worse than that!! When i saw Torres land on his face then everyone rush over, i thought oh dear and even the guy that (fouled him) couldn't handle it. I couldn't watch the rest of the match it was too disturbing... I can't believe he nearly died as well and they were chanting that... agghh its disgusting as you said. When he came out of the hospital he seemed fine thankfully.. :)

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Ultra in Spain are scums...

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Welcome to football. Some ultras just take it too darn far ffs. Thanks. It's only a certain fan group who think it's okay to do this, but I think fighting in crowds is a lot worse. People get sent to hospital very often.