Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Diver will be banned in the EPL 2017/18 season?!
Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

This baby is so overdue that it already has the ability to vote.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Baby is so overdue that it already has the ability to vote.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Lol @SunFlash.

Great news

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

now how long will it be till this comes to la liga!

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@lio: probably long! :( they really need to fix their refs issue. Ref in La Liga is way beyond terrible

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

So are they also going to ban the player when he dived but the ref did not realized it was a dive and gave a penalty? Shouldn't there be a video replay first?

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

@tuan yeah they havent introduced goal-line technology either.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

LONG overdue! We have said it many times and it will make the game better over time. Yes, a player will still dive to get the win in the moment of a big game, only to "fall on the sword" for the team, but eventually, that will wear thin. Two match ban and some fines will start to be felt for the team and the players.

First offense: Two match ban
Second: Two match ban, team fined
Third offense: 4 match ban, player and team fined

It will take some time for the players to learn, so I am not opposed to keeping it lighter at first, but eventually, you need to put the foot down or these guys will never really look to change.

I agree that the officials involved be an ex-player, ex-official, and ex-coach. Leave the game to be played live and don't bring in video replay. Charge after the fact, based on video evidence, but let the game stay live.

Goal-line Tech needs to be there as well. It has been proven effective and it really is for the best.

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

I agree with emre. Get the video technology first. Let the opposition put that to max possible use by cross-reviewing the original onfield decisions.
First of all, what exactly is a dive?? Do we have an official definition?
I ask this bCoz, i see players looking for contacts in the penalty box, then does a dramatic dive. Hazard, Ronaldo,Suarez, Neymar,Robben or any player for that matter has been winning such doubtful penalties for the past 5 years.
We see pundits calling them 'clever'(?) jus bcoz he was looking for contacts. My point is even these incidents should be punished. But i know such players would be spared.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Utter rubbish, what about the lad that gets booked that didn't dive.

Robbed straight from big Sam's interview.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

english players will still get over it, nothing change until video technology comes.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Well this is the perfect time for diego costa to leave :D

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Finally. They should introduce it in Spain asap as well. The antics over there have made it impossible for me to watch La Liga matches recently.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Don't get me into Spanish refreing issues please :D

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

They should review such incidents even after the game is over just like they review any fights or misconduct . Give bans and fine the team ! That will get the management and players act right !

Saying this we do need replay technology because these referees won't be able to control when there was a real contact foul and player perhaps tried to run further instead of falling down . I am sure there are plenty of fouls where most players could keep on going with their run but then it slows them down , takes away control , balance and chance for opposition to defend . So referees need to be more alert after introducing these diving laws . Video technology is coming after this diving ban, I can smell it .

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 From what I seem to have understood, they will propably review some incidents if they were especially controversial of if they were pretty evident even after the game. Hope you are right about video technology though. :)