Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Dortmund - Monaco (CL17) Pre and Post talk
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Another hard to guess game.

• Dortmund recent form isn't impressive at all, but they are strong in attack. Their defense is as bad as Barca. Missing Reus might be their biggest miss. Seems like they always score at the end of the game :D.
  • Monaco produced one of the best games this year with a pleasant attacking style. Defense sucks too. Mbappe and Falcao are the 2 to watch for. Clinical!

Yesterday chaos might leave a lasting effect to Dortmund players and they might screw it up

First time they both meet. So I wouldnt bet a penny on this game.

Dortmund 3 - 3 Monaco :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

• Dortmund recent form isn't impressive at all, but they are strong in attack. Their defense is as bad as Barca. Missing Reus might be their biggest miss. Seems like they always score at the end of the game :D.
  • Monaco produced one of the best game this year with pleasant attacking style. Defense sucks too.

Yesterday chaos might leave a lasting effect to Dortmund players and they might screw it up

• Monaco produced one of the best game this year with pleasant attacking style. Defense sucks too.

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

Bartra will NOT play! Undergoing surgery :(

• History

Batra will play!

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Dortmund should have enough to win this. They are home, Monaco do not have Bakayoko, and the two full backs, and looking at Dortmund's threat on the wing, I have to give this game to Dortmund.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I trust Dortmund's defense more than I do Monaco's.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Dortmund will propably win it but I expect both team to score at least one no matter what. I don't trust any of their defense. Sokratis will propably be the best defender on the pitch.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Some fantastic football being played. Both teams are truly deserving of being quarter-finalists.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Hurmph.

Offside goal and a bad pen call to start the game. Fun.
Horrible own goal. Fun.
Second half was really exciting though, the Falcao sitter was so impressive it was like he had a United jersey on again.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I can't help but feel that had the bomb incident not happened BVB would have won. They missed out on Bartra which really hindered their defence. Shame that Mbappe first goal was a blatant offside and the sideline did not catch it. Two mistakes lead to the other two goals.

I see it hard for BVB to win 2-0 away next game.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Raimondo Hey, with BVB attacks, you never know, they might even score more. :D

• History

@Raimondo Hey, with your attack, you never know, they might even score more. :D

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

I didnt see this game, but from the highlight I thought BVB was pretty good, lots of chances... both teams' defends were pretty noobs. We got that alright guys.

BVB had some effect from the attack and I think its fair to say so.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

I dont really know what to say, horrible defense but and two good goals, but I feel like we were really screwed over on this one, cant say who was worse, bender, sokratis, pisckek or the ref. There are some fucked up demented people out there.

Just glad noone was really hurt.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty Agree with you mate, you weren't given any gift from the ref, for sure. :( Still think it was unfair not to wait more to play the game... even though I understand why they had to play it. Still think some of the player were still in a state of shock.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

I agree, a week or even a few days, but when you think about it they did it for the fans. So many people traveled to the game.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Golefty i wouldnt blame the players. I think Tuchel made a tactical mistake with the starting 11 and that's why he made two subs at half time and you could seriously see the impact it had. If i recall correctly, it was a similar line up to the games against bayern were they got trashed. Monaco was pressed on their box for long periods. Also BVBs depth is lacking. Injuries to key players left them exposed. Sad not to see Castro, Reus and Gotze on the starting 11.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty Yeah, its not like the BVB fan could invite the Monaco fan for a whole week. Big respect to Dortmund.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Raimondo I only mention those players for the goals they were involved in against Dortmund. You could attribute the loss defensive errors. Pisceks bad pass and Sokratis poor tackle, and definitely benders header, and the stupid ref. Not to take anything away from Mbappes finish.

However I missed the game, so your insight is appreciated,

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I genuinely don't think Mbappe knew a single thing about the first goal, LOL. Clearly off-side and the commentators somehow got that wrong too with video replay. Smh.

I think Dortmund were still shaken from the attempted terrorist attack on their team. I don't blame them. It's tough to play under those circumstances. Hopefully they'll be more confident in the second-leg because they're still fully in this.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Unfortunate for Dortmund at that first goal. They've pulled themselves together at the 2nd half but Tuchel's tactical mistakes cost them at least a draw.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian They didn't use video replay though, I think. :S