Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Emo's poll and debate thread: The worst traitor!
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Pretty straight foward, who do you think is the worst traitor of 2016, is it Gonzalo Higuain betraying Napoli for Juventus or Mats Hummels who joined eternal rival Bayern Munich? Or maybe you think it is someone else? Have you say!
http://www.strawpoll.me/11302464
enter image description here

Comments
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal fans are triggered that there's not any our ex player.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@quizkyyy In 2016, I'll make a special Arsenal edition in the future if you want. :D

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Higuain is worse, Hummells was formed at Bayern And born in Munich.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't know if Higuain was worse, he brought his club 90 mil...

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tiki Have to disagree there, with all the thing he said about BVB and Bayern over the year, he clearly didn't have much fondness in Bayern from his youth. Also, he was the first to call out Gotze on his move to Bayern. In my opinion, the way he handled out his transfer showed how much he only cared about how people thought of him, he first said that it was a very painful choice for him but that he didn't have all the time in the world to win trophy, from that point of view, it wasn't too bad, but then, when the club made a statement he wanted to join Bayer, he became angry and said that nothing was decided, that he wasn't 100% sure to join Bayern and that it was all the fault of that "f***ing" statement. I remember thinking "ok, maybe he won't join bayern after all", then a week later, it was made official that he would go to bayern. At that point, I felt angry and stupid to have believed him, me who are not even a BVB fan, imagine how a true fan of the team must have felt. He acted like an hypocrite who didn't wanted his last moment with the club to be negatif, he didn't wanted the fan to boo him. When you take action, you have to live with the responsability of those action. I really wasn't impressed by the way he acted, a true lack of class in my opinion. :(

@Sunflash Not much better than Hummels, its not like Napoli wanted him to leave, so of course they put a high buy-out clause in his contract. They didn't wanted to lose him and if they were gonna lose him, they would get money to compensate. But the fact is that Higuain accepted the offer from Juventus and said such thing as not being able to stay because he hated Laurentiis and couldn't stay around him any longer. The problem is that if that was true, why would Higuain have extended his contract before-hand? Maybe it was a sudden hatred but it didn't seem so from what Higuain said. Anyway, what I'm saying is once again that Gonzalo acted like an hypocrite. This time around, I got an article to prove it: http://www.beinsports.com/us/serie-a/news/napoli-president-aurelio-de-laurentiis-slams-/307254 Have a read and bring the popcorn for the next time Juventus play away against Napoli. :D

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but what I meant to say is, I consider both of them have acted like hypocrite.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tiki Have to disagree there, with all the thing he said about BVB and Bayern over the year, he clearly didn't have much fondness in Bayern from his youth. Also, he was the first to call out Gotze on his move to Bayern. In my opinion, the way he handled out his transfer showed how much he only cared about how people thought of him, he first said that it was a very painful choice for him but that he didn't have all the time in the world to win trophy, from that point of view, it wasn't too bad, but then, when the club made a statement he wanted to join Bayer, he became angry and said that nothing was decided, that he wasn't 100% sure to join Bayern and that it was all the fault of that "f***ing" statement. I remember thinking "ok, maybe he won't join bayern after all", then a week later, it was made official that he would go to bayern. At that point, I felt angry and stupid to have believed him, me who are not even a BVB fan, imagine how a true fan of the team must have felt. He acted like an hypocrite who didn't wanted his last moment with the club to be negatif, he didn't wanted the fan to boo him. When you take action, you have to live with the responsability of those action. I really wasn't impressed by the way he acted, a true lack of class in my opinion. :(

@Sunflash Not much better than Hummels, its not like Napoli wanted him to leave, so of course they put a high buy-out clause in his contract. They didn't wanted to lose him and if they were gonna lose him, they would get money to compensate. But the fact is that Higuain accepted the offer from Juventus and said such thing as not being able to stay because he hated Laurentiis and couldn't stay around him any longer. The problem is that if that was true, why would Higuain have extended his contract before-hand? Maybe it was a sudden hatred but it didn't seem so from what Higuain said. Anyway, what I'm saying is once again that Gonzalo acted like an hypocrite. This time around, I got an article to prove it: http://www.beinsports.com/us/serie-a/news/napoli-president-aurelio-de-laurentiis-slams-/307254 Have a read and bring the popcorn for the next time Juventus play away against Napoli. :D

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I think its important to see the whole picture to make a choice here.

538 11432

So, Mats Humels it is with 67% of the vote, anyone want to share their thought on the matter?

• History

So, Mats Humels it is with 67% of the vote, anyone want to share their thought on th matter?

rayrex7 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Pogba.

I dont consider Higuain as a traitor, well cause first of all, he was there for like only 3 years and like sun mentioned, he brought 90 million to the club. It wasnt like that Napoli was in the club for 5-6 years. Pjanic was in Roma for 5 years and moved to Juve, was he considered a traitor? Basically Higuain wanted to win trophies, he made a good choice, a decision for a better career.

• History

Pogba

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Higuain was there for more than 4 years And Napoli is a special club, im not blaming any of the 2 but Higuain departure hurt the fans really hard, he was the absolute hero...
It dépends How people see things, Hummells was the last WC player of BVB to leave Gotze And Lewa oppened the doors for the move, its easier now to move to Bayern from BVB And must be painful to see Mikhytarian And Gundogan leave, Reus should be praised as an absolute legend due to his loyalty but Hummells for me shouldnt be blamed at least as a traitor. Maybe if Lewa And Gotze stayed he wouldnt take the same Road. It remains subjective at the end.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

No player is a traitor! If they want to leave doesn't mean they are traitors, ambitions above everything.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Please go tell that to Totti, I'm sure he wouldn't agree with you. :P

Spencer_T_96 8 years ago
Malaga, Spain 3 49

Messi.....nah probably Hummels dont know how you could make a switch to pretty much your only title rival!

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

Higuain gets my vote.

He was a fucking football hero in that city. He was already compared to Maradona (of course not in terms of actual skills)

To be honest, I despise Higuain and also dislike Pjanic and Hummels strongly.

538 11432

@Phenohyte Agreed with you on that, he was the Maradona of this Napoli in every possible way, he could have left to any club in any other country but because he accepted that move to Juventus, he will only be seen as the greatest traitor of all time by the fan. I don't know why, but while I really think Gonzalo is a traitor, I don't get the same vibe from Pjanic, maybe because I alway liked him before and that his move wasn't as controversial.

@Spencer_T_96 Once again, I agree, I know he wanted to get trophy and stay closer to home but the fact he didn't wanted to sacrifice one or the other made him lose a lot of his class instead in my opinion. How do you backstab a club where your very career was made like that and decide to join an club your were the first to call your biggest rival?

• History

@Phenohyte Agreed with you on that, he was the Maradona of this Napoli in every possible way, he could have left to any club in any other country but because he accepted that move to Juventus, he will only be seen as the greatest traitor of all time by the fan. I don't know why, but while I really think Gonzalo is a traitor, I don't get the same vibe from Pjanic, maybe because I alway liked him before and that his move wasn't as controversial.

@Spencer_T_96 Once again, I agree, I know he wanted to get trophy and stay closer to home but the fact he didn't wanted to sacrifice one or the either made him lose a lot of his class in my opinion.

SternDesSuedens 8 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Germany 9 317

Hummels has played 12 years for Bayern and 8 years for Dortmund. His father was a youth coach for Bayern for 17 years. How dare he join Bayern again? Traitor!!!

• History

Hummels played 12 years at Bayern and 8 years at Dortmund. His father was a youth coach at Bayern for 17 years. How dare he join Bayern again? Traitor!!!

Hummels has played 12 years at Bayern and 8 years at Dortmund. His father was a youth coach at Bayern for 17 years. How dare he join Bayern again? Traitor!!!

538 11432

@SternDesSuedens Its not that he joined Bayern which make him a traitor in my opinion, its that he clearly didn't had any fond memories of his time at Bayern and have said many thing against Bayern at his time at BVB. Here you can view a few of his quote: http://miasanfamilie.tumblr.com/post/143553149199/mats-hummels-never-ending-love-of-bayern-a-brief I mean, I understand he is one of your main player now and I'm not saying I hate him but even you have to agree he did act in contradiction with some of the thing he said wich in my opinion kind of make him come of as an hypocrite. He is still a very good player and I don't think that make him a bad human but I 100% understand the frustastion of BVB fan.

• History

@SternDesSuedens Its not that he joined Bayern which make him a traitor in my opinion, its that he had clearly didn't had any fond memories of his time at Bayern and have said many thing against Bayern at his time at BVB. Here you can view a few of his quote: http://miasanfamilie.tumblr.com/post/143553149199/mats-hummels-never-ending-love-of-bayern-a-brief I mean, I understand he is one of your main player now and I'm not saying I hate him but even you have to agree he did act in contradiction with some of the thing he said wich in my opinion kind of make him come of as an hypocrite. He is still a very good player and I don't think that make him a bad human but I 100% understand the frustastion of BVB fan.