Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

England at the World Cup 2018
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

So unlike the previous years it looks like most people are sceptical about England's hopes of reaching far in the World Cup...I think that it's a very solid team though.

group

It does look like England could pass the group stage, but then again even Costa Rica could put up a fight against England in the past.

The squad is really balanced, attack is strong with Vardy and Kane having 25+ goals per season there is also Rashford and Sterling all good talents.
Midfield that can back them up is also pretty good maybe not as good as some other countries have but Wilshare,Hendersen,Alli,Chanberlain,Dier are solid.
The defense is maybe the weakest part of the team but it's not that bad at all, Walker, Stones are part of the best defense in the league...

How far can England go?

enter image description here

Comments
Lodatz 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@legends16:

Agree 100 % emo. Getting the team to gel has always been hard for England, mostly because as you say all the players all play in england, for rival clubs. Southgate seems to have managed to overcome this. He has done a great job with the team so far

Hey, it worked for Spain. There was always a problem in the Spain squad between Barca and Real players, until Xavi and Casillas worked hard to make everyone just pull together for the same team.

We have a talented young squad, with even more talented youngsters coming through in the next generation, and if we can get rid of the type of club divisions that Lampard, Gerrard and Ferdinand have spoken about in their day, maybe we can hope for glory again ourselves. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@legends16:

Agree 100 % emo. Getting the team to gel has always been hard for England, mostly because as you say all the players all play in england, for rival clubs. Southgate seems to have managed to overcome this. He has done a great job with the team so far

Hey, it worked for Spain. There was always a problem in the Spain squad between Barca and Real players, until Xavi and Casillas worked hard to make everyone just pull together for the same team.

We have a talented young squad, with even more talented youngsters coming through in the next generation, and if we can get ride of the type club divisions that Lampard, Gerrard and Ferdinand have spoken about in their day, maybe we can hope for glory again ourselves. :)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz Yeah, personally, I don't get the hate against England, especially now that they seem to work together better than before. Lets them fight (godzilla reference) against a big team before shooting them down for Bendtner sake. I mean, its not like the other big team have done very well against team who were supposed to be weaker than them. Looking at you, Brazil and Germany. :P

Lodatz 6 years ago Edited

It's early days, yet. I still expect Brazil to top their group, and if Germany don't, I can't see them messing up enough to not at least come second.

Alas, that means that even if England do get to the knock-outs, chances are we'll be running into one of those two very soon anyway.

enter image description here

• History

It's early days, yet. I still expect Brazil to top their group, and if Germany don't, I can't see them messing up enough to at least come second.

Alas, that means that even if England do get to the knock-outs, chances are we'll be running into one of those two very soon anyway.

And that's pretty scary...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz If that happen, England will just have to pull a David vs Goliath on them: enter image description here

Lodatz 6 years ago

Either way, this will be how we represent:

mancitydude 6 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

Not many people voting that they will get out in the semis - are you presuming they'll get through to the finals ;)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@mancitydude I guess they should have added that in the poll, reaching the final I mean. XD

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Looking at how all the major teams are performing, I am feeling more optimistic that England actually has a genuine chance for the first time in the long time to reach quarter final.

Nah but I think we can reach even final.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I know it's too early to feel optimistic but so far none of the contenders have impressed. Only one match in I know, and a long way to go but there does seem to be an opportunity. Can England take it?

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

This is not the golden generation we had but for the first time we actually have a team that plays well together and we have a striker that scores when we need him. I hope we can continue in knockout stages just as strong as we have started.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Reasons why people overlooked Tunisia performance : because I rate Tunisia really poor, poorest of Africa. Same is to be said on Panama.

So I hear we were wasteful but at least we made chances on first half, I mean who won’t dominate Tunisia in this World Cup. Belgium schooled them today easy win. England won on a 93rd late corner after having all their chances before Tunisia equalizer...
I don’t mean to be rude but what I saw was not impressive, Tunisia played better in their decisive 2 nd game and still took a manita vs Belgium.

Sorry buddies but that’s what I see actually, and till Griezmann do not step up same would be said on France who still have a big bench to compensate.

Who is able tomorrow to bet on England’s win with 2 or 3 goals margin vs Mighty Panama ? We all see a scrappy win with maybe a draw in first half...

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Loftus-Cheek a boss in Panama game. Another one that got away from Chelsea, i tell you they are queing up in the academy at Stamford Bridge/Cobham.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

LOL didnt see it Comming, that was a set piece/pk party.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Maybe a draw in the first half

5-0 in the first half

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Loftus-Cheek a boss in Panama game. Another one that got away from Chelsea, i tell you they are queing up in the academy at Stamford Bridge/Cobham.

He's still a Chelsea player mate...

LOL didnt see it Comming, that was a set piece/pk party.

England have scored 8 goals in this WC, 6 of them from set pieces. Plus a Lingard banger and a Kane deflection.

Is this peak England? All they need to go out on pens in the knockout round and I'll know we've reached it.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Well Chelsea I was assuming the bus parking would resist a little. Assuming England would be more comfortable without the ball than when obliged to have possession. But something is to be said, the coach mastered some combinations that were very effective. Maybe if they focus on their strength and score one or 2 vs an organized team, and Ben luckynot to concede it may get them further than expected but not that much too...
Still see Colombia better, they just proven it in the last game.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Wow, England are lit lads!! A bit of a shame Sterling didn't get anything out of this, would've been a huge confidence booster for him.

• History

Wow, England are lit lads!! A bit of a shame Sterling didn't anything out of this, would've been a huge confidence booster for him.

Melestofes 6 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 0 2

England Will Win The 2018 World Cup!

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Match against Belgium will be a good indicator for England, Panama is happy to have scored their first ever WC goal so just to put things into perspective not all teams have the same ambitions.

vrgldsouza 6 years ago
Chelsea, Bahrain 0 2

Its Harry Kane vs Romelu Lukaku.
Would be very interesting to see, who grabs the limelight