Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL Summary
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11429

So, the first 4 game of the PL are over and I thought it would be a good time to make a first assessment of our feeling about what been going on.

Liverpool

Liverpool has been really suprising for me, they fixed their defense a lot, conceding only a single goal in 4 games and winning all of those. Their attacking however seemed a bit less organised and I feel like they sometime failed to dominate game like they should. Will be interesting to see if they keep their form.

Chelsea

An even bigger suprise than Liverpool for me was Chelsea, they had a great start to their season and Sarri playing style impressed me. He certainly didn't waste a minute adapting to the league and managed to score a minimum of 2 goal per games. Their looking much better than I thought at first, seem like Sarri game plan is a lot more viable in the pl than I would have imagined.

Watford

Really impressive beggining of the season for Watford, lots of people and me included expected those guy to end the season without a lot of point but they have seriously proved me wrong, would be nice if they kept this up but I'm not expecting a Leicestrer out of them.

Manchester City
Not much to say about them, their beggining of season is looking pretty good despite an unlucky draw against Watford. Its certainly seem like other team feel a bit more comfortable defending against them at time however.

Tottenham
Spurs are doing ok with a major win against United and 9 point. However, its hard not to think it was dissapointing how they collapsed against Watford. Feel like they won't have enough depth to go all the way this season, still, they should remain a big player as the season continue.

Everton
A bit dissapointed by them to be fair, I know a lot of people warned me about getting excited about them and I guess they were right. They got a single win and 3 draw wich isn't bad but considering who they played against, its not a good record. They need to keep control in the game when they take the lead, right now, they took too many goal in my opinion. Hoping Mina help fix that problem.

Arsenal
Actually pretty happy with their results, they need to fix their defense but I liked the way they played despite the rough beggining.

Manchester United
A big defeat to a rival at home and another loss to Brighton is certainly dissapointing for United. But still, they certainly still enough quality to turn thing around. Their 2-0 win against Burnley is certainly a good sign but we will see if they manage to find a much needed consistency.

West Ham
Ok, I'm going to be sincere, those guy are my biggest dissapointement of the season so far, I know its early and that they already played both Liverpool and Arsenal but come on! With Pellegrini on board and all the new signing, they should do better than this. They only scored 2 goal as of now and let 10 in. Thats not the results a team with players like that should be happy with.

What bout you guys though? Suprise of the season? Dissapointement?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, the first 4th game of the PL are over and I thought it would be a good time to make a first assessment of our feeling about what been going on.

Liverpool

Liverpool has been really suprising for me, they fixed their defense a lot, conceding only a single goal in 4 games and winning all of those. Their attacking however seemed a bit less organised and I feel like they sometime failed to dominate game like they should. Will be interesting to see if they keep their form.

Chelsea

An even bigger suprise than Liverpool for me was Chelsea, they had a great start to their season and Sarri playing style impressed me. He certainly didn't waste a minute adapting to the league and managed to score a minimum of 2 goal per games. Their looking much better than I thought at first, seem like Sarri game plan is a lot more viable in the pl than I would have imagined.

Watford

Really impressive beggining of the season for Watford, lots of people and me included expected those guy to end the season without a lot of point but they have seriously proved me wrong, would be nice if they kept this up but I'm not expecting a Leicestrer out of them.

Manchester City
Not much to say about them, their beggining of season is looking pretty good despite an unlucky draw against Watford. Its certainly seem like other team feel a bit more comfortable defending against them at time however.

Tottenham
Spurs are doing ok with a major win against United and 9 point. However, its hard not to think it was dissapointing how they collapsed against Watford. Feel like they won't have enough depth to go all the way this season, still, they should remain a big player as the season continue.

Everton
A bit dissapointed by them to be fair, I know a lot of people warned me about getting excited about them and I guess they were right. They got a single win and 3 draw wich isn't bad but considering who they played against, its not a good record. They need to keep control in the game when they take the lead, right now, they took too many goal in my opinion. Hoping Mina help fix that problem.

Arsenal
Actually pretty happy with their results, they need to fix their defense but I liked the way they played despite the rough beggining.

Manchester United
A big defeat to a rival at home and another loss to Brighton is certainly dissapointing for United. But still, they certainly still enough quality to turn thing around. Their 2-0 win against Burnley is certainly a good sign but we will see if they manage to find a much needed consistency.

West Ham
Ok, I'm going to be sincere, those guy are my biggest dissapointement of the season so far, I know its early and that they already played both Liverpool and Arsenal but come on! With Pellegrini on board and all the new signing, they should do better than this. They only scored 2 goal as of now and let 10 in. Thats not the results a team with players like that should be happy with.

What bout you guys though? Suprise of the season? Dissapointement?

Comments
SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

As a Chelsea fan I honestly didn't expect us to win our first 4 matches, however, I expected a beautiful football to watch regardless of trophies for Sarri's first season even tho he gave us 3 months period to let the players adapt to his football it seems like they are almost there. Playing attractive football doesn't often gets you trophies in the EPL. My expectations this season is a minimum of top 4. I'm happy with what I'm watching in terms of football style and results. May this keep going. COYB!

538 11429

@SarriBall Great to see this kind of mindset from you mate. Its nice to see a fan who care more about the manner than the results, at least for a manager first few games. Really hope Sarri work out for you guys! :D

• History

@SarriBall Great to see this kind of mindset for your manager. Its nice to see a fan who care more about the manner than the results, at least for a manager first few games. Really hope Sarri work out for you guys! :D

SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Definitely, I would rather watch passionate players giving their all for the match in the first place, everyone loses matches no matter how big they are. But I will take that over someone who never tries at all and accept defeat in the first couple of minutes, just like last season when we played Manchester CIty when we didn't even press them or did anything. It was atrocious to watch. I hope Sarri won't change his game plans no matter who are the opponents. Let the chips fall where they may.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I think City drew to Wolverhampton ? Yeah biggest surprises were Watford and Chelsea so far. Chelsea not really a suprise they are doing ying and yang for couple of years now, ending up champs then not making it to top 4. Actually Chelsea form will give them top 3 spot.
Many teams are in form or gaining form with new managers, this season will be fun. I just loved Watford game vs Spurs, that intencity and fans support, that Elton John moments... Deeney fighting for every ball. They won by hunger, they were far less talented than spurs but they fought for each ball and scored on headers...

Everton are doing good, Leicester look stable.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@SarriBall Well said! +1

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

Leicester look stable.

Agreed tiki, they do look stable, I expect them to be close to tenth place at the end of the season if they keep this up. :D

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

agreed with @sariball, arsenal used to win beauty contest in london, but looks like not anymore, I can only get behind's emery's rebuild so far wherever it takes. kovacic and jorginho could well be epl transfer of the season.

man united fans have no choice but to back mourinho at this moment, can't believe mourinho change his style lol over this past 2 games. I used to think he and wenger are the most stubborn manager.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

It has only been 4 games.. how can I judge? Last time i did that and Leicester won the league. Not going to look like a fool again. However, I do like the way Chelsea is playing and I don't understand what's going at West Ham because there was time when they used be HAMMERS, now they are pathetic and can't even produce those scout searching qualities they used to be known for.

538 11429

@Marcus2011 Yeah, also, they got an experienced manager, West Ham I mean, don't understand why Pellegrini seem unable to get any results. Especially considering his strike force, they got Hernandez, Arnautovic and Felipe Anderson just to name a few. Yet they haven't been able to score any meaningfull goal in any of their game. :(

• History

@Marcus2011 Yeah, also, they got an experienced manager, West Ham I mean, don't understand why Pellegrini seem unable to get any results. Especially considering his strike force, they got Hernandez, Arnautovic and Felipe Anderson. Yet they haven't been able to score any meaningfull goal in any of their game. :(

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Its only played 4 matches, its too son to predict somethings and make analysis. There is a big percentage of error.

I promise predict champions of Premier league with great accuracy, when? Not too late, maybe in 39 match day. 😅😅