Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Euro 2016 boring?
Arsenal_infinite 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 27

I've just noticed that euro 2016 has barely produced any goals. Most games end with a 1 goal margin win. Though the scores are competitive there isn't much action and excitement. Compared to the copa America there have been surprises, goals and emotion like when Suarez got mad when Uruguay lost. Only Germany have won by a 2 goal margin but that came very late in the game. Although this is just the first round of the group stage maybe the 2nd and 3rd rounds can provide more attacking displays. Who knows drop your opinions...

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

7-0's are boring. Close fought 2-1, 1-1, 1-0 games that go down to the very last second are not.

Personally, I find games the most exciting when things are happening, chances, goal line clearances, goals, etc, but only really as long as the game is still close, because otherwise none of it really matters anymore, which is boring.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, absolutely no one wants to lose the first game.. Even 1:0 can be interesting, but so far, it's behind expectations imo

Arsenal_infinite 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 27

@sunflash, I'm not saying that every game has to finish by a heavy score margin like 5-0 etc I'm just saying that the top teams who have been hyped up so far ( Spain, Germany, England, France ) with the amount of creativity and attacking talent at their disposal it's quite disappointing to see such class players who are world class at club level performing average at the euros.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I agree with Arsenal-infi, the tournament so far hasnt produced high quality match. The only real good game so far has been: Germany Ukraine, at least from my taste.

Yeah, we do have some exciting matches, but im talking about quality, games that have jaw dropping moment... now we have a lot of running and bad passes.

Still enjoy it, but i hope it gets better. Its quite normal for the first round though

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Belgium - Italy game is awesome. And I am expecting Portugal to bring some quality :)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Keep in mind I've been watching LVG United for the past year. I'm so sensitised, everything feels exciting.

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@sunflash Lol.

Lets face it, Spain isnt the one of 2010 or 2012, nor Italy, world cup holders lost some key players And got problems at the back still the favourites. England are inexperienced And France without Varane/Benzema/Ribéry are not that strong in paper wonder if you can win it with Giroud up front. Lets face it, the competiton is open because no team is complete, every nation has their weaknesses And the level is a little close even on paper.
That being said for me a 4-2 game doesnt mean the game was exciting some 0-0 games are a joy to watch in term of quality, if both teams are defensively perfect you can appreciate the clearances or the game plan..

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lets face it, Spain isnt the one of 2010 or 2012, nor Italy, world cup holders lost some key players And got problems at the back still the favourites. England are inexperienced And France without Varane/Benzema/Ribéry are not that strong in paper wonder if you can win it with Giroud up front. Lets face it, the competiton is open because no team is complete, every nation has their weaknesses And the level is a little close even on paper.
That being said for me a 4-2 game doesnt mean the game was exciting some 0-0 games are a joy to watch in term of quality, if both teams are defensively perfect you can appreciate the clearances or the game plan..

Arsenal_infinite 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 3 27

Belgium vs Italy was by far the best match I've watched so far. This Italy team is really underrated they are playing without 2 key midfielders ( veratti and marchisio ) yet dismantles one of the favourite Belgium with ease! Would love to see Italy vs Germany final.

• History

Belgium vs Italy was by far the best match I've watched so far. This Italy team is really underrated the are playing without 2 key midfielders ( veratti and marchisio ) yet dismantles one of the favourite Belgium with ease! Would love to see Italy vs Germany final.

saatvik10 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, India 27 540

I've watched every Euro match so far and I can tell you that with the exception of some, every match has been exciting. Like Sunflash said, Brazil beating Haiti 7-1 is not more entertaining than Boateng or Fabregas clearing off the line to keep their sides in the game. The England game was entertaining with England playing really well in the first half, and the France game was entertaining too. Belgium-Italy was exciting. So was Wales-Slovakia in parts. Spain-Czech Republic was good.

• History

I've watched literally every Euro match so far and I can tell you that with the exception of some, every match has been exciting. Like Sunflash said, Brazil beating Haiti 7-1 is not more entertaining than Boateng or Fabregas clearing off the line to keep their sides in the game. The England game was entertaining with England playing really well in the first half, and the France game was entertaining too. Belgium-Italy was exciting. So was Wales-Slovakia in parts. Spain-Czech Republic was good.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

^^ that one weak game for brazil is nothing. I've been watching both competitions and they're both great. The brazil - ecuador game, especially the venezuela - uruguay game was insane. With brazil and uruguay out and chile on the brink today. Very exciting copa america. on the other hand Spain and belgium look weak. I also thought ukraine was going to comeback, but then bastain scored that insane goal. poland shouldv'e also won by a larger margin based on how they were playing, but they lacked finishing. Both good competitions, the weaker teams seem to be holding up.

Zakzook 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

I mean look at the groups, there are NO exciting matches except for Poland-Germany (imo will be best match of group stage).

Edit: I meant exciting from a football quality sense, not rivalry sense. For that we still have Slovakia-Russia, England-Wales, and Poland-Ukraine (I'm not so sure this is a rivalry).

• History

I mean look at the groups, there are NO exciting matches except for Poland-Germany (imo will be best match of group stage).

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Here is basic thing i learned in Economics .

The less of something you have, the more satisfaction you gain from each additional unit you consume; the marginal utility you gain from that product is therefore higher, giving you a higher willingness to pay more for it. Prices are lower at a higher quantity demanded because your additional satisfaction diminishes as you demand more.

THerefore regarding the goals and victories , Euro 2016 is more interesting than Copa America .

• History

Here is basic thing i learned in Economics .

The less of something you have, the more satisfaction you gain from each additional unit you consume; the marginal utility you gain from that product is therefore higher, giving you a higher willingness to pay more for it. Prices are lower at a higher quantity demanded because your additional satisfaction diminishes as you demand more.

THerefore Euro 2016 is more interesting than Copa America .

Marcus2011 8 years ago

Draws will spice up last games and give more meaning to them ! Unlike Copa America , where Colombia fielded second team to play against Costa Rica .

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

If you actually watched the Colombia vs Costa Rica game, you would've noticed that they fielded a second team, which they regretted immediately. They entered the second half with James and shortly thereafter cuadrado. They pressured for 45 minutes. With so may shots on target but costa rica held their ground as much as they could. Colombia ended up scoring but not winning. They didn't want to lose or they would have to face brazil, a supposedly really hard team. The next day, the team Colombia was trying intensely to avoid lost. That team was Brazil. This was a huge loss and super surprising. If those 2 games, spanning those 2 days (which were the final games in the group), wasn;t exciting to you....i don't know what is lol. I was sweating watching those games lol.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

@Gonzi I never said the Copa America was bad, it's just less entertaining than the Euros in my opinion. You are right, the weak teams are holding up well in both tournaments. Teams like Uruguay, Brazil are out too. The Brazil-Peru game was good, but then you obviously can't compare the last matches of a group in one competition with the first matches of the group in another competition in terms of tension and drama. If we compare the first round of group stage matches then I think the Euros were more exciting, just by a small margin.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

i know South American teams can play just as entertaining as any European team but Colombia really showed disrespect to tournament . Same goes with Brazil who lost to Peru ( doesn't matter if the hand ball was factor ) . Uruguay completely was a let a down . Of course , I am talking about heavyweights of tournament . Not like they were beaten by amazing display of football from opposition . It was dull and boring tactics that opposition teams used to knock out Uruguay and Brazil .

Only team that always gives 100% no matter what competition they play is Mexico .

USA woke up after first match but Colombia was playing their potential .

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Euro is miles better than Copa America, specially this one which for some reason hasn't been given the full dedication and respect from the participating teams as it deserves. Brazil called up a shitty team, and Colombia got a little too confident to face a weak CR in the last match and even with the defeat they managed to avoid Brazil. Anyways, it got more interesting and exiting as the tournament builded up. The same thing will happen with this Euro which Im loving at the moment, Im like a child in christmas only difference is Im not a child anymore and I wake up to it almost every day (I have games starting at 5am where I live).

Just give it some time, We've have a complete round that finished today and overall It's been pretty decent for me. Considering the first round is always the one where teams are way more cautious then we are on the verge of a fantastic Euro.

sudnas 8 years ago
Inter, Croatia 0 104

I kinda agree with arsenal-infinite the games have been slow. Yea they've been competitive and the goals scored have been beautiful but I can't wait for more goals. Croatia vs Turkey was a great game but besides corlukas blood covered face and modric's goal there wasn't much action just finesse and shots.

(Croatia FTW)

Davgadorj 8 years ago
Barcelona, Mongolia 1 10

what a goal from Slovakia