Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

European Super League
vschols22 6 years ago
Ajax, USA 2 124

Hearing talks about this League again, Thoughts anyone???

Comments
Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I don’t think it would be such a mad idea. Fear of this league is the impact that will make on local hertitage and culture of the clubs. Domestic leagues may become irrelevant and possible it will widen the gap between small and big clubs with possibility of completely locking down small clubs from ever transforming into big clubs. Also I am not sure how the format will be structured so if there is more info please share.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

is this the replacement for champions league?

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

I believe its something like this.Kind of a replacement, but its more of a CL where better team play each other more often. So team would play a bunch more game in group stage (group would be bigger) but the only team in those group would have to have high UEFA coeficient or something like that. The problem is that its hard to define exactly what a European Super League would be but unlike CL, its really more a league on its own than a tournament. Thats the main difference. So yeah, it could be nice but it would make it really hard for weaker to compete with bigger and to enter that circle of elite club. It could also mean less people interest in domestic football and that would be a shame in itself. :(

Edit: I used to like the idea but seeing team like Monaco, Basel and Shakthar changed my mind, you gotta have weaker team in there to create the suprise and add to the drama! :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I believe its something like this.Kind of a replacement, but its more of a CL where better team play each other more often. So team would play a bunch more game in group stage (group would be bigger) but the only team in those group would have to have high UEFA coeficient or something like that. The problem is that its hard to define exactly what a European Super League would be but unlike CL, its really more a league on its own than a tournament. Thats the main difference. So yeah, it could be nice but it would make it really hard for weaker to compete with bigger and to enter that circle of elite club. It could also mean less people interest in domestic football and that would be a shame in itself. :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dislike this idea a lot.

The excitement CL brings now is just about enough, even that the surprise elements are lower there. And exactly what Marcus and Emo said... the local league would be semi-irrelevant

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Emobot

Whenever you post a link, I get PTSD from the time Rick popped up :P

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I think current format is completely fine but I do think that drawing is rigged and there should be more balanced completely fair and equal draws. That is only thing that in my opinion would improve the CL tournament.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Yeah... sorry about, swear I won't post any Rick till next april fool. So you can stop worrying, ok? ;)

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

I don't get this at all, how many more games are they willing to add to the regular schedule?

vschols22 6 years ago
Ajax, USA 2 124

yea i agree with most on here. It sounds nice on paper , but it would make the smaller clubs irrelevant eventually and I don't like that idea. You would never have a cinderella story like Leicester City again to name one. I say keep in the way it is now. Champions League seems to be fine for the 'big' clubs. Liverpool vs Man City today :0 . Gonna be a good one