10 1583

I mean just look at the amount of rotational firepower:

wingers: walcott, bolasie, bernard, lookman, richarlison
finisher: cenk tosun, niasse, sandro ramirez, calvert-lewin
midfield: sigurdsoon, andre gomes, gueye, tom davies, schneiderlin, besic
defence: yerry mina, keane, jagielka, coleman, digne, martina, baines
goalies: pickford, stekelenburg
manager: marco silva

massive investment in all depts, what could possibly go wrong?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

defence: yerry mina, keane, jagielka, coleman, digne, martina, holgate
manager: andre silva

defence: yerry mina, keane, jagielka, coleman, digne, martina, baines
manager: andre silva

Comments
iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

On paper, looks great. In reality? Highly doubt it will be any different to last season. A lot these new signings were flops in their respective previous clubs. It didn't work last season, highly doubt it will be any different this season.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@iheart, I blame the manager last season, mostly big sam. the brand of football with that squad last season is poor. after seeing what andre silva has done for watford, I see a potential.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Maybe. Big Sam only took over from an abysmal start by Koeman, someone I also thought was going somewhere with this Everton squad. Look how that turned out.

Marco Silva (not Andre) had a good start with Watford, but that was really it. His poor run of results towards the end of his spell was the result of him being influenced by other clubs. Much is the same with his spell at Hull, he hasn't proven anything yet.

• History

Maybe. Big Sam only took over from an abysmal start by Koeman, someone I also thought was going somewhere with this Everton squad. Look at that turned out.

Marco Silva (not Andre) had a good start with Watford, but that was really it. His poor run of results towards the end of his spell was the result of him being influenced by other clubs. Much is the same with his spell at Hull, he hasn't proven anything yet.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I don't think that there will be a top4 surprise

nandaYNWA 6 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

theyve basically signed rejects, as has been mentioned (with the exceptions of richarlson and sigurdsson). absolutely no chance of top 4.

edit: and pickford

• History

theyve basically signed rejects, as has been mentioned (with the exceptions of richarlson and sigurdsson). absolutely no chance of top 4.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

The only club I could maybe see them getting past is if Arsenal doesn't react well to post-Wenger. Even then, I doubt it.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

I expect them to do a bit better than last season, maybe finish seventh or sixth. Sure they got certain level of quality with those player but a lot of them are also overated. A lot of them are inconsistent or young and we have zero confirmation how they will adapt or prgress this season. For sure, how good they youngster become and their new signing will adapt will be the key for Everton.

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Heard that Kurt Zouma got loaned there too... Well i still think a new squad needs time to perform which they dont have to break into top 4 this season. plus many bargains rather than established players.
I see them 8th or 9th. There is no way they break into top 6 with Chelsea and Arsenal new managers, and top 4 not showing any weakness...

They may have many players in each position : but their best eleven isnt stronger on paper than the rest.

• History

Heard that Kurt Zouma got loaned there too... Well i still think a new squad needs time to perform which they dont have to break into top 4 this season. plus many bargains rather than established players.
I see them 8th or 9th. There is no way they break into top 6 with Chelsea and Arsenal new managers, and top 4 not showing any weakness...

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I've heard this each year I started watching EPL its called Toffee syndrome :p

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

They may have many players in each position : but their best eleven isnt stronger on paper than the rest.

+1 Very much true.