Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Exclusive: Tottenham should demand £70million for Modric
talkSPORT 13 years ago
England 10 0

Graham Roberts believes Tottenham should demand £70million from Chelsea for the services of Luka Modric.

The Croatian midfielder looks set to hand in a transfer request to force through a move to the Blues after Spurs chairman Daniel Levy stated earlier this month that Modric would not be allowed to leave.

Now the ex-Lilywhites defender has claimed that his former club will set a dangerous precedent if they alter their stance and let the playmaker make move the move across London.

Speaking to Hawksbee and Jacobs, Roberts said: “I don’t think £35million is enough [for Modric]. How much would it cost to get a replacement for him?

"He’s Tottenham’s best player, so why should they sell their best player for £35million to Chelsea. If they want him they should pay £60-70million.
"Every player can say ‘well if you don’t let me go I’m going to sulk’ but, if you let one player get away, you’re going to let lots of players get away with it.

“Somebody has got to make a stand and I think Daniel Levy is doing the right thing. If Daniel Levy lets Luka Modric do what he wants this year, then it’ll be someone else next year who wants to leave. Tottenham will then just be a selling club again and we don’t want to be a selling club, we want to be a top four club.”

Comments
Gennady 13 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

The prices are crazy these days! I can't believe the asking price for Stewart Downing is 25 million now!!! I honestly think he worth 10 million maximum. If Liverpool are gonna get Downing that means they've spent 45 million on Henderson and Downing!!

mucmuut 13 years ago
Niger U21, Niger 4 58

hahahahahahahaha!

Manufan456 13 years ago
Manchester United, Greece 3 19

Luka Modric is a good player but the the price is stupid

ifeltsweet 13 years ago
3 53

So Modric is almost as good as C.Ronaldo? The price is really stupid. All prices have been very stupid lately.

robbyb 13 years ago
Aston Villa, England 0 28

£70 million? How about if there were rules in football to limit transfers to £1 million? And players' wages to something like £70,000 per year? (not to mention similar changes in the rest of society in general, but I guess that's for another kind of forum!)

I love the game itself but money has ruined football. I hope the financial fairplay rules which are supposedly coming soon will make a significant difference but I won't be surprised if the don't. I don't know the details yet.

For example, 14 of the 20 teams in the Premier League now have virtually no chance of even finishing 4th. Not because of any lack of effort or team spirit on their part, just because they have far less money than the super rich "Sky teams" (including their newcomer, Man City).

Salahadin 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Hhhhh worth more then 100m

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

HAAHHAHAHAHA how time flies, He is worth every single penny spent. lol Now he is the best Midfielder in the world.

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

hahahah "best midfielder in the world".

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

^in my opinion, true there is Hazard, toure, iniesta. But their alomst all alike, so chosing one out of them is pretty much an understandable opinion.

Yours must be hazard and its understandable and some may agree since he is by far one of the best in the world, and in the top 5 in dribbling worldwide so I see why you think that. I wont insult you, I will only respect your opinion.

Salahadin 9 years ago

Modric is worth 3 hazards.. Modric makes any midfield play 3x times better just like the legend zizo.

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

^ hahahahahahah nice one mate.

Salahadin 9 years ago

^ first time you use a keybord

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

^very original Joke, it was so funny that i forgot to laugh.