Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Fabio Capello Resigns as England Manager.
Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

The Football Association can confirm that Fabio Capello has today resigned as England Manager. 

This follows a meeting involving FA Chairman David Bernstein, FA General Secretary Alex Horne and Fabio Capello at Wembley Stadium.

The discussions focused on The FA Board’s decision to remove the England team captaincy from John Terry, and Fabio Capello’s response through an Italian broadcast interview.

In a meeting for over an hour, Fabio’s resignation was accepted and he will leave the post of England Manager with immediate effect.

David Bernstein said: “I would like to stress that during today’s meeting and throughout his time as England Manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner. We have accepted Fabio’s resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future.”

A media conference with David Bernstein and the Club England Management team will take place at Wembley on Thursday at 12 noon.

The FA will not be making any further comment until the media conference. 

Comments
PaulDaniel 12 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, England 2 11

Harry, take charge and bring us that Euro trophy!

TheLions 12 years ago
Aston Villa, England 0 7

well that's a bit of a shock, I thought he'll stay till after the Euro 2012, but yeah get Redknapp as our next manager!!

heavenduel 12 years ago
South Korea 18 158

funny thing is that Redknapp has been cleared all charges....coincidence????

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Why is that a coincedence?

Someone like Pearce or Brooking will take control of the friendlies leading up to Euros probably, then Harry will take temporary charge for Euros then sign a contract after most likely.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

tottenham need harry to stay tho. hes been great with them and hes guided them to such a high place recently

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I think Harry has a bit of a dilemma now.  He won't just up and leave Spurs in mid-season while they're doing so well and at the same time it will be difficult for him to manage the NT part-time.  Capello's premature resignation wasn't planned and so things might not go to script (i.e. the FA may have to hire someone else who is currently free).  It all depends on just how much the FA & Harry really want their proposed partnership to commence.

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

Cmon Redknapp The Three lions need u...

Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

So here are the some contenders to take England to Euro 2012 Finals:

1. Harry Redknapp
  2. Alan Pardew
  3. Martin O'Neill
  4. Kenny Dalglish
  5. Chris Hughton