Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Fellaini signs new contract with United
serans 6 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

So I opened this conversation to ask about thoughts on Fellaini, since it seems I'm in minority here. I saw only bad comments and opinions under todays United post, people wants Fellaini out, saying that it is disgrace for club etc.

In my opinion Jose knows how to play with Fellaini and its working out pretty well. He is not first 11 squad, he is not playmaker but he is great target man. You can put him on the pitch in 80min and he will win every header in the box. Also i think he improved in his defending a lot, he is making good number of interceptions. He is our "little-big" joker.

All in all i think its good (maybe not amazing but good) deal for United to keep him. Am I alone tho?

Comments
DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

You are not alone. He is not a first 11 but can come on for situations that need a big target. He has his moments with the ball that drive me crazy, but then pulls off some crazy thing moments later.

I like that he is staying and I agree that Jose uses him well.

As a player though, I am a bit surprised he is looking to stay where he knows his pay time will be more limited. I might have considered going somewhere for more pitch time, but perhaps he wants to stay and look for trophies?

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

No, I agree with you mate. I actually think this is a pretty smart move on Jose's part.

Look, Fellaini's not a flashy player, but I'm proud to call him a United player, and I really mean it. He brings a bit of caution to our game play, much like McTominay, which is a good thing when you need to play at a slower tempo against the likes of City and Spurs.

He's a tactically good player, follows Mourinho's instructions to the core, and in my eyes his height is a massive asset for us. I won't lie, however, it will frustrate me a little if Jose constantly start him week in, week out. Him being in the bench in most parts of the season would be the best for our club to move forward, but also while playing at the same level as he did in previous seasons, whenever he's on.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

No, I agree with you mate. I actually think this is a pretty smart move on Jose's part.

Look, Fellaini's not a flashy player, but I'm proud to him as a United player, and I really mean it. He brings a bit of caution to our game play, much like McTominay, which is a good thing when you need to play at a slower tempo against the likes of City and Spurs.

He's a tactically good player, follows Mourinho's instructions to the core, and in my eyes his height is a massive asset for us. I won't lie, however, it will frustrate me a little if Jose constantly start him week in, week out. Him being in the bench in most parts of the season would be the best for our club to move forward, but also while playing at the same level as he did in previous seasons, whenever he's on.

serans 6 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

@DarthFooty

Yep Im also surprised that he signed new contract, since he is getting very limited time on the pitch. I guess one factor is money, second one is trophies and third one - thats the tricky one - if Matic/Pogba will underperform or get injury he will have his chance to shine (as did Marcus Rashford who came out of nothing because of injury list and now is our main player). Sometimes it is all about timing.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Bad move if he want lots of playing time but a good move if he want easy money and know he isn't going to get better offer somewhere else. Truth is, I didn't see a lot of team making it clear they wanted to sign him so when he maybe realized he didn't have anywhere big where he would be offered a big role to go to, he propably chose to remain at United, simpler move. Beside, lets not hide or face, he fit Mou tactic well despite some mistake he did in the best and offer great option when you need a tall man on the field.

I personally like Fellaini even though I don't believe he will ever manage to be a key player at United. Rotation one at best.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Bad move if he want lots of playing team but a good move if he want easy money and know he isn't going to get better offer somewhere else. Truth is, I didn't see a lot of team making it clear they wanted to sign him so when he realized he didn't have anywhere big where he would be offered a big role to go to, he propably chose to remain at United, simpler move. Beside, lets not get crazy, he fit Mou tactic well despite some mistake he did in the best and offer great option when you need a tall man on the field.

Bad move if he want lots of playing time but a good move if he want easy money and know he isn't going to get better offer somewhere else. Truth is, I didn't see a lot of team making it clear they wanted to sign him so when he maybe realized he didn't have anywhere big where he would be offered a big role to go to, he propably chose to remain at United, simpler move. Beside, lets not hide or face, he fit Mou tactic well despite some mistake he did in the best and offer great option when you need a tall man on the field.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

He is a big body in midfield which Jose likes and uses well, so I can see Jose keeping him for as long as he's there.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

He is a big body in midfield which Jose likes and uses well, so I can see Jose keeping him for as long as he's there.

He sure likes them big, doesn't he

enter image description here

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

when the time is late and your team is stuck, all you need is last minute header

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART He does like them big...enter image description here