Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Fifa 18
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I intend to make this thread a hub for all Fifa 18 talk.

The Ronaldo and Icon editions come out today, while the standard version comes out on Friday.

• Anybody bought/pre-ordered it?

• New features that you love?

• Player ratings - fair or unfair?
  • Things that bug you? New or problems that Fifa have never addressed?

For me, I'm really excited to follow Alex Hunter's career in the journey. I've played the demo version which shows you a bit of it and I'm really excited to follow his story. Also the new transfer negotiations in career mode where you actually meet agents looks great too; a nice touch that makes the whole managerial experience more realistic.

And btw, Hazard fully deserves his 90 rating which makes him the player in the premier league!

Comments
Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Slightly off-topic, anyone tried career mode yet? It's my favorite gamemode and I really want it to back, like old days when everybody played career mode and UT didn't even exist. How is training? Do players still decrease after hitting 29/30 even if they are still in best form?

FM looks so much better to me even tho they have problems too. PES has fun career mode but I wanna have something to just tryhard on boring week evenings.

legends16 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

@quikzyyy I've got it on ps4, gfi.
My PSN is pierrejayf

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy I've got it on ps4, gfi

bluezz 7 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@amir yeap tradable :) also packed baily and inform ghoulam today sitting at 350k coins right now. SBC's are the way to earn bro

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Seem like we will never know. :(

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

How is your first Weekend league going guys? IMO the patch totally ruined all the fun and now it's FIFA 17 again, defenders blocking 20 shots a game..

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Lol. Well, so much for EA not ruining their game with patch. XD

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy But seriously mate, can we know if career mode is better than last year? Have anyone tried the single player mode, wish someone would tell us about it. :(

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Emo

I'm in December 2017 with an Aston Villa save. I signed a bunch of high potential youngsters, but they're more rotation at this point. Jack Grelish is a great CAM, who knew. As for the gameplay, it's taking some getting used to. Maybe it's just the Villa defense being slow as balls, but I'm having a very tough time defending. Allowing a goal a game is rare for me, usually it's scoring I have a rough experience with. However, on this save, I'm scoring goals all the time. I've had multiple five goal games, but I've also had games were I couldn't get more than two shots on target. It really feels to be one or the other.

One major thing is that they changed the weight on through passes. I've messed up so many times because I'm not putting enough power on. That said, if it gets through, the defenders simply do not catch up. Ever. Leads to a lot more chances for both myself and the AI. Longshots are also viable for literally the first time ever. I've hit several from outside the box that had been beauties. Ditto for the AI, which is very aggravating.

The new features are meh. Honestly I don't really give two sh*ts.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

quikzyyy

It’s too sweaty, but still better than 17.

bluezz

Your lucky, the only things I’ve packed is OTW Theo Hernandez, Clyne, and 2 untradeable Dele Alli, unfortunately I had to discard one for 0 coins.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Been slightly disappointed with the transfers in career mode; the new simulation is great but let down by not having actual speaking.

Also really annoyed that you have to pay extra to play online.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Tried everything except Carrier mode i uasually save it for last.

the game is 9/10 !! really great passing shooting everything. Mostly i play Pro Clubs which is a great mode if you got some friends to play with. if anyone is interested we play almost every night. Div1 since fifa14 now back at it again!

ofc there will be some bugs but you got to get used to it by now.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sun Thats quite interesting, seem like the gameplay take some getting used to it. Maybe I'll give it a try after all. :D Still, I'm not in a hurry since I'm having fun with PES this year even though it isn't as big an improvement as I would have liked. :)

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

FIFA just rolled out a patch today that makes it tougher to score. The AI defenses have certainly improved, although I have noticed a difference with my own players. Shots get closed down a lot better as well. The reality is that it turns the 3-3 draws into 1-1 draws, and for how boring this game can be at times (especially FIFA 17 with everyone playing f*cking tiki-taka) I didn't see a problem with that.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash More realistic no doubt but I don't mind games where there is lots of goal scoring. I know its stupid but I have a tendency to get frustrated at those game when I don't score goal. XD

@Eden Lol. :D

Pronax 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur 1 544

does it play well in ps3?

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

So the last comment was spam, but glad to be reminded of this thread!

Anybody else super excited for the World Cup mode?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Legends Can't believe I actually still didn't get around to play it. :( Still, gotta love the fact they are making a World Cup mode instead of making a new game about it. I hope they won't make a game for the world cup at least. XD Talking about World Cup and Fifa 18, I was half expecting them to release an expansion for the journey making it possible to play the World Cup with Hunter. Guess they either didn't have time or didn't thought it would be such a good idea.