Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FIFA TOTY
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here
I would just rename it to the popular team. Thoughts?

For me:

• OUT: Neuer, Ramos, Alves, Iniesta
  • IN: Buffon, Pepe, Godin, Kante
Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Golefty Best picture I've seen this year. ;)

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Kante instead of Iniesta ? Kante is a DM so probably its Modric the DM no ?
Modric has been better than Kante And Griezmann ultimately can't take top 3 place. In mine I would put him over Ronaldo, put Thiago Silva and Godin over Pique and Ramos.
Iniesta is not a DM you cant put Kante if you put Modric, as simple as that.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@tiki: but Ronaldo is the holding Balon 'dOr and best Fifa (whatever duplicated award). Does it sound sane to even take him out?

Believe it or not, some agree with you. Who's with tiki? I am half way

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

In what way was modric better than kante? In back passing? Or kroos who also just passes the ball and iniesta lmao 1 goal and 4assist for a playmaker and please don't get started on the awful defenders.

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

^No comment.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Ayyyy.

Kante was excellent last season, but Modric still has a pedigree of the best CM in the world and Kante's going to have to do a bit better to knock him off that. As for tiki on Ronaldo, well, he did win all the individual awards, so keeping out of the best 11 would be counter-intuitive. Griezmann was excellent, but he still scored about 20 fewer goals than Ronaldo, so that's kind of tough to justify.

Agree w/Dynastian, the backline is shite. Dani Alves isn't on this level anymore, and I'm not even sure he was to begin with. Pique leads one of the weakest backlines of an elite team. Ramos' defending can be suspect. Marcelo is pretty solid though. I would certainly put Pepe in, and I feel like there's some Serie A player who has done better at CB this season. Normally I'd go with tiki and vote Thiago Silva, but he's actually been kinda meh this season.

I'm conflicted on the midfield. I like Modric, but was surprised to see Kroos. Great, great player, but surely there is a better CM somewhere? As for Inesita, I feel that he's just trading on his name at this point. His stat line is pretty bad (to give you an idea, Pogba's is infinitely better) and I don't think he even plays 90 minutes that often anymore.

As for the forwards, well, I think that sorts itself out.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Tiki how about players like Chiellini instead of Thiago Silva? His season wasn't best..

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Kante got no chance on Modric obviously.. I mean Kante has 1 successful spell at Leicester and half a year in Chelsea, and is still very young for a DM..

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Griezmann was excellent, but he still scored about 20 fewer goals than Ronaldo, so that's kind of tough to justify.

Makes sense considering the teams they are playing for though. Doubt Ronaldo would be remotely close to his goal tally in Atletico..

With that said, Ronaldo is obviously still much better and deserve his spot in the FIFA world XI.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@chelsea8: are you serious????? You are questioning Modric???? Take nothing away from Kante who had an excellent season but Modric is head and shoulder above Kante in all short of ways (game control, intervention, touches, passing, etc..)

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I don't think this team is supposed to be "complete", so they don't care if you have three attacking midfielders or three defensive midfielders. Regardless, I think Kroos & Modric deserved to be there, but Kante > Iniesta this past season.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

That would be mine..
TOTY

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@jaunmata10

nice lineup - bale over griezman is a touch decision , especially as rw

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@JuanMata This would have been a way better team! :D Well, even tough it would be a bit weak on the wing though, but still, I really like it! +1

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Modric is easily one of the best midfielder in the past few years and had an amazing year but kante became champions with leicester, he runs for the whole 90 minutes and is one of the best interception makers and his passing is also great.

Modric deserves his place in the midfield but iniesta and kroos instead of kante is just ridiculous.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

That's a pretty neat XI @juan. Oh, I wish there was room for Hazard there too though.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@KTB Uh... You wanna talk about Hazard of 2016? :P (Joke)