Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Financial Fair Play 2.0
_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

So UEFA is looking to make a change in this thing because teams like Juventus, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid are becoming tired of this developement in the market and want something more fair.

Well I do in essence agree with these teams that it has gotten completely out of hands. I won't deny that prices on Neymar, Coutinho, Pogba and more are insane. Something better needs to replace the FFP of today.

On the other hand I feel irritated by the fact that the "whining" is coming from the biggest clubs that have previous years and eras been the ones pushing up the prices and making one controversial transfer after the other. From insane fees, to sucking the talent from their respective leagues, to signing under-aged and kids etc. etc. And when they talk about a system that is more fair we could always point at how they made for example Champions league less fair by pushing their agenda against UEFA and threatening with an own "super league" (with economical profit being main reason). So the impression I get is that things are not fair only when they do not fit their interests.

You want a fair FFP system? Make it fair for ALL teams... not only Barca, Man Utd, Juve etc.

Comments
Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

There should be limit you can spend on players during transfer window.

Salary cap should be introduced to atleast top 5 leagues.

There shouldn't be football groups owning multiple clubs. Although it is happening for years so we can't really change it now. However there are still things that may help save it. Like, RB Salzburg and Girona who are there to 1) create players, but later Leipzig/City take them or 2) get all of their young talents on loan. These things are basically disgrace to football and need to be stopped.

Obviously a lot of rules regarding young players.

I would like traditional player-club trust but that is something you can't force to happen.

Small clubs shouldn't be allowed to spend more than they can return.

FIFA should look over clubs with questionable balance to not allow them to go bankrupt. This probably won't happen for a while.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

There should be limit you can spend on players during transfer window.

Salary cap should be introduced to atleast top 5 leagues.

There shouldn't be football groups owning multiple clubs. Although it is happening for years so we can't really change it now. However there are still things that may help save it. Like, RB Salzburg and Girona who are there to 1) create players, but later Leipzig/City take them or 2) get all of their young talents on loan. These things are basically disgrace to football and need to be stopped.

Obviously a lot of rules regarding young players.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

You cannot spend more than you earn, I see what you mean here but you can’t compare Neymar signing to Coutinho.
Founds from a country like Qatar ( the Qatar foundation) is external money injected massively in football which deregulates the market. While big teams you mentioned have transfers budget calculated on the budget of the club, marketing, shirts sale, fanbase, tickets, trophies earnings, sponsors... if it’s not possible then loans from the bank are done depending on what each club can get considering the earnings.
Barça for instance got 226 mil from Neymar + 80 mil budget to spend on the market. Signed Semedo for 35, Dembele for 100 + bonuses, Paulinho for 40, Coutinho for 120+ bonuses, Deulofeu for 12mil.
Considering that bonuses are to be paid next year they have paid 312 mil while they had 306 mil in the pocket, Mascerano sold for 10 mil + some youngsters at around 10mil for them all that makes 14 mil that been paid for Yerri Mina. Rafinha to inter for 40mil would pay a big part of Griezmann if the transfer happens...
Neymar transfer costed 100 mil + 40 mil only on signature for player and father ( agent ) plus the fee.
More than 360 million euros on transfer plus the wages and same from Mbappe with the loan trick, that’s clearly avoiding FFP by financial tricks. Barca would have never signed Coutinho if PSG didn’t get them the money to. So both situations aren’t the same at all. Jean Michel Aulas is right if you can see his explanation on what PSG/City Qataris owners did to the market. Other big clubs do not cause inflation even if the fees look similar.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited

If we look solely at the fees, yes we can put Coutinho and Neymar in the same category of insane transfer fees. And I didn't like when they used the word "fair"... as it is a bit hypocritical to me. The big clubs work together to remain at the top while holding back lesser clubs. There is a reason why they have their own exclusive club and meetings.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

If we look solely at the fees, yes we can put Coutinho and Neymar in the same category of insane transfer fees. And I didn't like when they used the word "fair"... as it is a bit hyporcritical to me. The big clubs work together to remain at the top while holding back lesser clubs. There is a reason why they have their own exclusive club and meetings.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

I am against the huge spending and the problem is the FFP. While having a sugar daddy is to me not a problem... because that is having the "right" connections and being good at attracting rich investors who are willing to spend big money. In any other business that would be regarded as good... and don't tell me football is not business today. However, to avoid the insane fees in my opinion there should be some kind of salary cap like croatian said, or some fixed maximum amount of money the teams should be allowed to spend... that way it doesn't matter how much money they want to spend.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I hate sugar daddy only those who spray cash around and ruins the market. They kick the values of player sky-high (considering global economy, club incomes and debt).

But I acknowledge all rich investor just as a part of the business. The likes of those great investors are necessary. Paying a bit high, and taking the oil money from what the club does not have is bad. Im not aiming at PSG, Im aiming at Neymar transfer, Coutinho, Pogba transfers and those ridiculous salaries.

Salary cap is absolutely in need. Ridiculous

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I've grown accustomed to rich teams buying the best players for higher fees. But what I will never accept is what Bayern and a couple other teams have been doing. They literally just buyout all the top players from their direct title rivals. This just leads to diminishing the attractiveness of the league. Look at how easily Bayern bought out BVBs top players. Hell, even got some for free.

The fact is, there's no simple way to regulate the market because these scummy lawyers will always find a way around it. That is until FIFA comes down with heavy sanctions and bans.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

Exactly rai, when a foundation is able to give 140 mil just a season welcome bonus. Salary cap isn’t easier to escape, tell the player he would earn 20 mil per year for a 5 year deal. Give him 60mil in his signature or in a late loyalty bonus and give the rest as the official salary. On paper the guy earns 8 mil per year, but he ends up with the initial salary anyway. 20 mil given as a bonus, a gift or even a donation if they want.

Barca did that with Neymar to escape dressing room leaders knocking for a pay raise. He was offered 25 mil on signature and was supposed to earn 8 mil. While Iniesta 4 times CL champ, 2 euros and a WC was earning 8 mil. You just can’t tell him we are bringing a Brazilian youngster who never put a foot in Europe and he will get paid more than you with all the loyal service. If I was Oniesta I would break the President table. Reason why they hided Neymar’s transfer number, ultimately after the scandal. Busquets, Iniesta and co all knocked the door and got their salary raised.

Salary cap is just a weak rule that anyone can escape or abuse. Now when UEFA let FFP abused that way, it lead to any other abuse in the future. The Mbappe loan is even a bigger joke. We all know he wasn’t bought for 180 mil. If PSG escape from that, UEFA would loose big interm of image.

I saw your post on Coutinho transfer, and your rant about your Barca friends or in Fr. I don’t call it breaking the bank : for me its domino effect «  I know you have money and you need him that bad «  so you gonna fucking pay :
Barca got forced to have +226 mil intheir budget, but Dortmund knew it and so Liverpool.
Neymar -> Coutinho -> Van Dijk.
Would Van DiJk worth 85 mil if Coutinho wasn’t sold No. Would Coutinho worth 160 mil if Neymar wasn’t got sold for a buyout clause ? The highest ever to go activated ? No.
In the domino effect, the first to fall deregulated the rest, reason why you cant put Coutinho and Neymar on the same par. Situation and Numbers.

If you want to discuss do it on my wall or I can only reply tomorrow. 5 comments per day reason why they are so long :)

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@tiki, I'm in total agreement on the domino effect. Anybody would push the transfer fee in regards to their players. Barca got played so hard by BvB and Liverpool but there was little to no way around it. The fact Neys transfer was al over the news including the price everyone was able to just hike price in negotiations.

The market is spiraling out of control. Because this domino effect is just going down the chain, everyone knows Sotton have about 80mil to spend on a CB and that means whoever they go after just got a hike of about 15-30mil.

In regards ti wages that's also becoming absurd. Players are so scummy that they can force a ten to double the wages or they throw a fit till they get sold to someone willing to pay what they demand. Also, this never includes performance bonus. Real Madrid players were awarded a million each for winning th CL.

Algerino 6 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 844

They should just put a max on how much every team should be allowed to buy for instead of a salary cap. Because in that way the selling club will have something to say about it and it will be harder for the buying club to go around the rules. Because the selling club want to make big profit, pushing up the price making the buying come closer to the max. Max should be high, but not insanely high. Just my opinion.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

The domino effect didn't start with Neymar transfer, it accelerated. I'm with you that the development is not good as it is right now. I say so even as a PSG fan. The problem with a salary cap is that the european leagues are not closed leagues like the american and putting every team in the league on the same level (the best and the worst) can be detrimental and unfair when you think about it. A team that takes care of its economy shouldn't be on the same level as a team that does not. Maximum transfer fees should be put like Algerino said, and increasing it with inflation every season. Maybe you could allow a team to spend more the higher on the table it ends as a part of the winning price.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

Don’t get me wrong I’m extremely happy of PSG rise, as a French fan, I’m supporting them against any opposition. But I just don’t share Riolo, Pierre Menes and other l’ équipe and France Football journalists. Having been at Bein sport for a time I know that Nasser el Khelaifi give them money to defend PSG on television. For me Jean Michel Aulas nailed it on actual situation that will make clubs like Lyon or Nice suffer from intern inflation and the fear to loose their player. Aulas anticipated it years ago, he has a salary cap implemented for years. The leaders earn 400.000 euros per month like Fekir, the Younngsters start with 50.000 euros, each renewal he doubles the wages but now it will get harder for him to rule it this way. I understand his rant.

PSG did the right thing, for keeping Verrati and forcing Neymar signing, I have no hard feelings toward this it’s just business. And Barca did the same to Bvb and Liverpool.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

@rai Yes players are the main actors of a huge buisness, watching football has become a luxury thing, even at television. Obliged to subscribe to a football channel to watch it. Sports wear prices are extremely high, stadium tickets... players are just getting their part of the cake even Yaya Toure :).

I can’t blame them, when Otamendi knocked his coach door and said : « coach I’m obliged to leave, I only have 5 years career available and it’s too much money in play «  even players Comming from poor social classes cannot décidé these matter. He left with tears in his eyes but he was forced to.
Same for Claudio Bravo, and any player going to sign his last proffesional contract in Europe.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@raimondo, 'stealing' from other Bundesliga clubs is logical for any team that aims high. And it's not even that tragic people think it is, Boateng, Tolisso, Javi, Thiago, James, Ribery, Robben came from foreign countries, and Muller and Alaba are homegrown. Hummels is Bayern product too and he obviously wanted to return. Lewandowski's best and most realistic option was Bayern and it wouldn't change Borussia's title chances much if he, let's say, went to Real. Gotze would undoubtely become world-class if he didn't have constant injury problems, even some kind of disease, and after returning he would meet himself with huge midfield competiton where he needed a lot of time to adapt.

Borussia also buys a lot of players from Bundesliga and direct rivals, Phillip, Toprak and Toljan just from last season. And they sold players for peanuts too - Perišić left for €8M, Ginczek who was fantastic in their academy left for Stuttgart early, same as Bittencourt to Koln, Kampl left to Bayer for basically nothing, Jojić, Ginter, Bender, Mikel Merino and Blaszczykowski too. Note that most of these dumb transfers were to Bundesliga clubs that mostly finished (or are finishing) above them.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

Implementing salary cap in your own club won't do much if the rest don't do it... That's why something that includes all teams is needed. Max transfer fee, or max number of players allowed in a club or allowed to buy/loan etc.