Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Florentino has promised a galactico signing
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Florentino always signs a galactico in election years, and with it being an election year at Real Madrid, he made the promise to sign a galactico in the summer.

If you recall, Luis Figo was signed in 2000. Michael Owen in 2004, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka in 2009, and Gareth Bale in 2013.

Who will it be in 2017, and will it be more than one?

When it comes to Florentino, and when he makes a promise - there really isn't anyone out there that is out of reach. He has proven this again, and again. This is a guy who has always delivered.

Vote for who you would like to see in the royal white shirt.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Florentino always signs a galactico in election years, and with it being an election year at Real Madrid, he made the promise to sign a galactico in the summer.

If you recall, Luis Figo was signed in 2000. Michael Owen in 2004, Christiano Ronaldo and Kaka in 2009, and Gareth Bale in 2013.

When it comes to Florentino, and when he makes a promise - there really isn't anyone out there that is out of reach. He has proven this again, and again.

If you recall, Luis Figo was signed in 2000. Michael Owen in 2004, Christiano Ronaldo and Kaka in 2009, and Gareth Bale in 2013.

When it comes to Florentino, and when he makes a promise - there really isn't anyone out there that is out of reach. He has proven this again, and again. This is a guy who has always delivered.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

De Gea or Verratti. Hazard would be nice too but we don't need him.

I want us to sign like.. 4 players. Hah. Excessive, I know. But tell me if you disagree with any of this:

Courtois or De Gea for Navas.

Hazard / Dybala for CR because he's getting old. I know Dybala isn't necessarily a winger but I think he would be great there.

Mbappe / Aubameyang for Benzema who's really never hit the heights we expected of him. He's a great facilitator for Bale and CR, but wouldn't it be great if we had a striker whose main concern was to score?

Verratti for Kroos or Modric. He would replace Kroos who's just not as mobile as I would like a CM to be. His movement is too lateral as is his passing.

If we were to sign one of either Hazard, Mbappe, or Dybala and placed him on the left wing, we could move CR to the center as our main striker. This would require 3 signings. That would probably be the best option.

Hazard / Dybala / Mbappe - Cristiano Ronaldo - Gareth Bale

That front three would make every defense shit their pants.

PS: I know Mbappe is a very very young player and at this point just raw talent but I've never seen somebody hit such heights and so mature at 18. I honestly believe this kid will make it for sure, so why not just buy him while he's cheap? At least cheap as opposed to how much he'll cost in a few years.

• History

I want us to sign like.. 4 players. Hah. Excessive, I know. But tell me if you disagree with any of this:

Hazard / Dybala for CR because he's getting old. I know Dybala isn't necessarily a winger but I think he would be great there.

Mbappe / Aubameyang for Benzema who's really never hit the heights we expected of him. He's a great facilitator for Bale and CR, but wouldn't it be great if we had a striker whose main concern was to score?

Verratti for Kroos or Modric. He would replace Kroos who's just not as mobile as I would like a CM to be. His movement is too lateral as is his passing.

If we were to sign Hazard, Mbappe, or Dybala and placed them on the left wing, we could move CR to be the center as our striker. This would require 3 signings. That would probably be the best option.

Hazard / Dybala - Cristiano Ronaldo - Gareth Bale

If we were to sign one of either Hazard, Mbappe, or Dybala and placed him on the left wing, we could move CR to be the center as our striker. This would require 3 signings. That would probably be the best option.

Hazard / Dybala / Mbappe - Cristiano Ronaldo - Gareth Bale

PS: I know Mbappe is a very very young player and at this point just raw talent but I've never seen somebody hit such heights and so mature at 18. I honestly believe this kid will make it for sure, so why not just buy him while he's cheap? At least cheap as opposed to how much he'll cost in a few years.

Cristianoo 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

Can people stop writing Christiano?! I see this everywhere, I would think he's famous enough at this point for people to call him Cristiano. We all know it's not typos because of the Cris-Chris similarity :D

Amerr30 7 years ago

Oh, my bad. I just saw that I misspelled his name in the OP. I spelled his name right in my second post. I never made this mistake before, my apologies.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Keeper or a striker would be my guess. Figures to be De Gea or Auba.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

dybala is awful on the wing, and i'm saying this as a fan of dybala. when he played right wing at juve, they had to change the formation 15 minutes into the game because he couldn't perform. in argentina, he played on the right wing and he was just awful, honestly. this kid needs to be played centrally. either as the 9 or behind the 9. also left wing isn't an option, i've never seen him play there ever. hazard is probably your best bet. also courtois seems like a firm choice. i doubt man u would sell de gea now that it looks like they are getting back to being the team they once were.(kinda)

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Looks like a switch James/Hazard, that would be interesting to see how Hazard would adapt into a simple Ronaldo feeder...
James will definitely win from this, or Isco since a player should leave...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

I'm going for Auba cause it would not only be the easiest signing to do but he would totally fit with Real quick countering playing style. Also, Auba kind of dream of joining Real one day and since he is one of my favorite player, I kind of wish him the best. Anyway, I know I would like Real Madrid a lot more if they had Auba in their side. :D I would understand though if Madrid would consider they already have enough striker. Also, maybe it couldn't work because of Perez preference... Heard he got something against black player, can anyone confirm if thats true? Anyway, I found this article but it might not mean a thing: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167152/Real-Madrid-president-Florentino-Perez-doesn-t-like-black-players-claims-Iker-Casillas-agent-says-departing-keeper-turned-Premier-League-offers.html

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

yea, image matters a lot at real madrid. i remember reading something about that situation and angel di maria

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Di Maria is pretty ugly. De Gea's pretty hot.

Fuck, looks like we lose our keeper.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash Dunno why, but this made me laugh a bit more than it should have. Thank for the laugh mate, hopefully you manage to "keep" De Gea. +1

• History

@Sunflash Dunno why, but this made me laugh a bit more than it should have. Thank for the laugh mate, hopefully you manage to keep you keeper. +1

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Cristianoo I hate it when people write "Cristianoo" ;)

I'd rather get none of those guys just so Florentino can leave. This guy took RM from competitors to Barcelona, Juventus, United etc to competitors like Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, and Facebook. We can't let this team involve just around money anymore.

I say the hell to Perez. This guy has cause more harm than good

#PEREZOUT

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

to be fair, i don't believe in that none sense it's stupid, if you're good at football that's all that matters. but it's interesting to read about. here's the dailymail article about it. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2975624/Angel-di-Maria-ugly-Real-Madrid-Galacticos-image-blasts-Barcelona-director.html

• History
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Why would you even put Griezman ? They have ethical code not to shop in Atletico . Better not be Hazard ... really believe that will be De Gea .

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Aguero?

Madridista11 7 years ago

@Quikzyy the guy can't sneeze without breaking something. We already have enough of those.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Griezmann won't come to Real Madrid.

And it better not be De Gea.

@Madridista11: you want Florentino OUT? You cannot be serious. Not at this point, surely?

We have suffered through Perez' education of football, his impulse buys, his meddling in affairs that are none of his business such as deciding the starting eleven in big matches. Now that he's stopped doing all of that, now that he's given up all power and decisions regarding the team to our manager, following a summer without him indulging in impulse buying.. you want him out??

After being the one to bring the tenth, and the eleventh champions league titles to our club. After being solely responsible for taking Real Madrid to the top of club football, you would like him out??

Without Perez, there is no CR. There is no Gareth Bale. There is no Zidane. There is no La Undecima, nor is there La Decima.

For what possible reason would you want him out? Because he's made Real Madrid, the brand, successful? Because our club has been on top of the Forbes riches clubs list, as well as the club with the most earnings for more than 10 years in a row? This bothers you somehow??

How can you be so ungrateful? Do you have any idea what other clubs would give to have somebody like Perez? Somebody who can year after year, bring you the biggest star, the best players?

What happened with Barca in this generation is a freak of nature, a fluke, something that will never repeat itself. No President could have possibly foreseen or stopped it. Nobody in the World football could have eclipsed them. However, even in the most successful period of their entire history, Perez managed to keep us competitive. He managed to build a team that still won trophies, despite Barcelona.

And you are going to complain about him? Tsk, tsk.

You should be thankful, and you should be grateful he is our president. If it wasn't for him, the last decade or so would have been so much harder to be a Madridista. Instead, we're the pinnacle of World football that even Barcelona is envious of us.

Show some fucking appreciation for the person who has given us so much.

• History

Madridista, you want Florentino OUT? You cannot be serious. Not at this point, surely?

We have suffered through Perez' education of football, his impulse buys, his meddling in affairs that are none of his business such as deciding the starting eleven in big matches. Now that he's stopped doing all of that, now that he's given up all power and decisions regarding the team to our manager, following a summer without him indulging in impulse buying.. you want him out??

After being the one to bring the tenth, and the eleventh champions league titles to our club. After being solely responsible for taking Real Madrid to the top of club football, you would like him out??

Without Perez, there is no CR. There is no Gareth Bale. There is no Zidane. There is no La Undecima, nor is there La Decima.

For what possible reason would you want him out? Because he's made Real Madrid, the brand, successful? Because our club has been on top of the Forbes riches clubs list, as well as the club with the most earnings for more than 10 years in a row? This bothers you somehow??

How can you be so ungrateful? Do you have any idea what other clubs would give to have somebody like Perez? Somebody who can year after year, bring you the biggest star, the best players?

What happened with Barca in this generation is a freak of nature, a fluke, something that will never repeat itself. No President could have possibly foreseen or stopped it. Nobody in the World football could have eclipsed them. However, even in the most successful period of their entire history, Perez managed to keep us competitive. He managed to build a team that still won trophies, despite Barcelona.

And you are going to complain about him? Tsk, tsk.

You should be thankful, and you should be grateful he is our president. If it wasn't for him, the last decade or so would have been so much harder to be a Madridista. Instead, we're the pinnacle of World football that even Barcelona is envious of us.

Show some fucking appreciation for the person who has given us so much.

Amerr30 7 years ago

@Gonzi: When did he play as a winger? Do you think it's possible it was at a time when he hasn't yet entered his prime? I mean, he's not even close to his prime right now but he is much better than he was, say, two years ago. So if it was 2 years ago, it's quite possible that he would be much better today on the wing than he was back than. I'm just speculating, I don't know when it was or how good/bad he was.

In another point, this whole thing with Di Maria being too ugly is just ridiculous. I'd have to question anybody who believes such a story's intelligence. How long has he been at Real Madrid, and it never bothered anybody? How about Modric? He's no better looking than Angel, yet he's still an important part of our team. How about Marcelo? Hell. Gareth Bale??

No, if you ask me, that story was probably manufactured by a Catalan news agency whose only interest was to make Real Madrid look bad.

Madridista11 7 years ago

I honestly can't discuss with you with that kind of attitude. Do I have an answer to the points you raised? Absolutely. I just don't want to waste my time if that's how how you do.