Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Football Prediction: Tuchel
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, what do you guys think? Will Tuchel manage again next season? And if he does, where will he go? Right now, he is mostly being linked with Arsenal and PSG but there are still people who think he might go to Bayern. What do you think?

Comments
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Would love him at Bayern if he manages to understand how important defending is. Since his friend Pep also improved City's defence much, and Tuchel's main problem in Dortmund was defence, I can see him working on it.

Arsenal rumours are bs, only reason he left Dortmund was because he had fight with Sven. Tuchel is guy that wants his job only to himself, in Dortmund they didn't let that and it could be problem in his future.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian I don't think he will go, if Bayern really wanted him or that he really would have wanted Bayern, then I don't think you guys would have move for Jupp in the first place. Otherwise I really would have loved to see him at Bayern but yeah, I doubt it will happen. Like you said, he cannot hope to be 100% in control of a team especially if its a big team like Bayern. I think no matter where he'll go, he will have to adapt.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I'm still betting on Arsenal. The board is slowly realizing serious changes are needed in almost every department if the club is to reclaim and maintain elite status. Last few years they've just become a meme club and falling lower and lower.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

PSG would want high profile manager like ancelotti and heynckes, so I don't see it happening. replacing wenger with tuchel is a gamble because he is another unproven manager. Joachim loew is a more direct approach if arsenal needs change fast. But again just rumours, until we know the europa league winner then I still cannot guess how the arsenal board would react.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

66% of the vote see him either at PSG or at Arsenal, very interesting!

@thebaldgenius Indeed, while its true it seem the board are at last realizing they need to change, its impossible to tell what they will do until we know wether or not Arsenal will win the Europa league.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I don’t really rate him that high, he came after Klopp, he did not have to rebuild and Didnt improve Dortmund in anything. Could be wrong since I don’t watch much of Bundesliga but considering results and CL compains, sacking him was logical.
I see him in a transitional club, you can pretend to a better club only if results are in your side. It’s not really the case and in term of institution Arsenal is a bigger club than Dortmund : Mkhytarian and Auba transfers could attest...
I see him in a club like Frankfurt or Glad’bach, in France he could manage Bordeaux or Nice and in England probably a team between 10th and 20th.
His Palmares is empty, coaches like Laurent Blanc, Ancelotti, Enrique, Ranieri... have all a better shot to land in a big club. That being said I’m not saying he is S**t, he needs to prove his worth which not the case already.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I knew someone would make this thread, let’s sum this all up.

This entire talk started up after he made himself unable for Bayern. Staff in Bayern believed there was little hope for Jupp to sign, Tuchel wanted a quick answer, didn’t get it so made himself unavailable for the job. Jupp will also not re sign, he was placed in for this year only. Also he just managed Dortmund, Tuchel may say no just for that, even if it is 1%. No to Bayern.

Arsenal is interesting, but won’t happen for 2 reasons. Tuchel had a fight with Sven, who is now head of recruitment at Arsenal. Secondly, Wenger is going no where. Last year, Wenger's job was uncertain, but this year he will stay 100%. The club will not force him out, and Arsenal have not been looking for any new managers. No to Arsenal.

PSG is an interesting one, this is one that may happen. He is similar to Emery too, but has one strength that Emery does not, ruthlessness to players. This is PSG'S biggest problem. He plays good football and may be the one to inspire the likes of Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani and the players to someone they have been wanting at PSG. Also, I believe in France no one is speaking about Tuchel to PSG, and it is names like Conte, Allegri, Enrique, Mourinho grabbing the attention. Knowing Nasser, he will probably want to surprise, just like the Neymar, Mbappe and Alves transfers and get someone outside the box. Also Emery's contract finishes this year. PSG is a possibility.

Chelsea are another team rumoured that's not mention on this thread at all. Chelsea might go for him if they decide to get rid of Conte, but I really doubt that will happen, even if he does miss out on top 4. No to Chelsea.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I knew someone would make this thread, let’s sum this all up.

This entire talk started up after he made himself unable for Bayern. Staff in Bayern believed there was little hope for Heynches to sign, Tuchel wanted a quick answer, didn’t get it so made himself unavailable for the job. Jupp will also not re sign, he was placed in for this year only. No to Bayern.

Arsenal is interesting, but won’t happen for 2 reasons. Tuchel had a fight with Sven, who is now head of recu

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki In Klopp last season, BVB ended seventh, in Tuchel first season, BVB ended second, the next year, he ended third despite having a off season. As for CL, if you think what happened to Dortmund against Monaco was a fair results, you must be forgeting what happened before the first leg. Player were left traumatize by the attack on their bus and they were some goal in those leg made by Monaco that I personally don't think should have been given. Personally, I think the one thing which could have changed a lots of stuff for Tuchel is if he would have brought a better keeper. By the way, from what I remember, Burki was actually decent when Tuchel was in command which pretty incredible in itself.

@amir Thats a quality comment mate, didn't think about it this way. I make a lots of sense.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

@emo okay, against Monaco the year had an excuse, but aside from Dortmund. I don’t know anything else about him. Well for PSG it’s impossible, PSG want someone to lead them for CL, “ CL winner “ to be precise.
I don’t know much about how he is rated elsewhere, would have been surprised if he signed at Bayern tho.

Why no big club is thinking of Ranieri ? This guy CV is incredible.

Croatian 6 years ago

@tiki, you can't really blame Tuchel for sacking. It was because of fight, I doubt he'd even be a free agent now if things didn't go downhill between him and board (Zorc, Sven and Watzke). During Tuchel's spell you would just know Dortmund would comfortably finish 2nd or 3rd like last season when Leipzig was fantastic, if Tuchel was still here I can guarantee you that Dortmund would be comfortably 2nd. Bosz and Stoger were huge downgrades to him, football is way worse in Dortmund and some of players haven't improved since he left (Sokratis, Piszczek, Weigl, Schmelzer, Guerreiro). Even though Tuchel's weakest side is defence as I already said, I think he'd even do better if Sokratis had a real partner since Bartra was in shock and couldn't consistently perform after the incident. Also let's consider fact he didn't have Reus or Gotze. He stood against fan-favorites such as Subotic or Nuri Sahin and said they weren't good enough, fact is Nuri Sahin this season is shit and still gets plenty of playtime.

He really mixed plenty of systems and ideas, Piszczek was used in Monreal-type CB role, Castro and Weigl were amongst best CMs in the league, Guerreiro was probably one of most perspective players while being used as LB, LM or even CM. And I don't even doubt he'd get more of players such as Yarmolenko, Dahoud, Phillip (he was great until injury though) or Toljan. I'd say he'd be pretty well suited to some team going for CL spots such as Dortmund was. Arsenal might be best in that regard and huge portion of Bayern fans would take him too in a blink.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I also agree Arsenal is the best match for him and for the club :D But I really find it hard to see Wenger leaves

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Ok Croatian see I didn’t even hear about the fight, I barely bet on Bundesliga games and I watch a “ top spieler “ from time to time. Ok then he looks better than I expected but I’m still waiting for him to replicate the results elsewhere. Imo Bayern is bigger to be handled by Tuchel right now, too much egos that need a long Palmares coach or at least a legend of the game respected by players...even if he is good enough, some dressing rooms do only respect Huge profile coaches to rule them... well if you ask me about Arsenal I would see opposite caracter to Wenger, a profile like Simeone or Conte to bring discipline and fighting spirit....

Croatian 6 years ago

^yeah true, I agree Tuchel needs a stepping stone before managing club with CL ambitions. He is still raw because only bigger club he's managed is Dortmund.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki @Croatian Fair enough, its true that he could use some more top level experience.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Tuchel is going to PSG, wow mixed feelings about it.
Ancelotti is going to PL next year, 2 possibilities : Arsenal or Chelsea.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki So its official, pretty impressive, lets hope it will work out. At the very least, his tactic and PSG style should be compatible.

Croatian 6 years ago

Thought that PSG wouldn't make same mistake, Tuchel is defo not perfect pick for them.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I am anticipating how will neymar work out with him.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Neymar does not respect coaches of Tuchel caliber, maybe PSG wanted a soft coach but I don’t think it’s what they need right now.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Only reason I see is because Tuchel is young, that would mean he can be a long term solution for them if it work out.

@tiki I doubt Tuchel is a soft coach though, I wouldn't be suprised if he was a no-nonsense guy though.