Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Footyroom Videos Freezing The Computer
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Is this happening to anybody else?

I have not been able to watch videos on this site for quite some time now.

I've tried to use both Firefox and Chrome, and the same thing happens with both browsers.

When I try to watch a video, the browser just freezes and crashes. I check the Task Manager when this happens by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL, and I find the browser using up to 2 GB of memory.

I don't think my laptop is too weak that it can't handle online videos. I've recently even upgraded the CPU, memory, and the hard-drive. I ended up having an extra laptop that was similar to mine, opened them both up and made one good one out of the two.

I have a dual-core intel at 2 Ghz, and 4 GB of RAM. Running Windows 7 64-bit.

I know it's not the best thing out there, far from it, but it should be able to handle things such as browser videos. I have no problems watching videos on other sites, such as youtube, dailymotion, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and etc.

Those sites usually play videos in High Definition.

Yet this site, along with any other, that specifically use Playwire to play video content are the ones I'm having trouble with.

Does anyone know of anything that can be done to fix this problem?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I've tried to use both Firefox and Chrome, and the same thing happens with both browsers.

When I try to watch a video, the browser just freezes and crashes. I check the Task Manager when this happens by pressing CTRL + ALT - DEL, and I find the browser using up to 2 GB of memory.

I don't think my laptop is too weak that it can't handle online videos. I've recently even upgraded both the CPU, memory, and the hard-drive. I ended up having an extra laptop that was similar to mine, opened them both up and made one good one out of the two.

I have a dual-core intel at 2 Ghz, and 4 GB of RAM.

I know it's not the best thing out there, far from it, but it should be able to handle things such as browser videos. I have no problems watching videos on other sites, such as youtube, dailymotion, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and etc.

Yet this site, along with any other, that specifically buse Playwire to play video content are the ones I'm having trouble with.

When I try to watch a video, the browser just freezes and crashes. I check the Task Manager when this happens by pressing CTRL + ALT - DEL, and I find the browser using up to 2 GB of memory.

I don't think my laptop is too weak that it can't handle online videos. I've recently even upgraded both the CPU, memory, and the hard-drive. I ended up having an extra laptop that was similar to mine, opened them both up and made one good one out of the two.

Yet this site, along with any other, that specifically buse Playwire to play video content are the ones I'm having trouble with.

Yet this site, along with any other, that specifically use Playwire to play video content are the ones I'm having trouble with.

When I try to watch a video, the browser just freezes and crashes. I check the Task Manager when this happens by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL, and I find the browser using up to 2 GB of memory.

Comments
Rowley 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 193

Playwire seems to be brilliant for me!

How about the website in general?

I have noticed that, even the forum uses a lot of resources.

Here's a picture, a screenshot of my Task Manager with nothing other than Footyroom forum running. Check out the memory used by Chrome.

After a while, it says that Adobe Shockwave has crashed. Perhaps I might have been wrong, it is possible that the reason for the crash is an embedded flash that this site is using, for whatever reason and function.

But look at those goddamn numbers: 2.5 GB.
enter image description here

And further, what the hell is this??

Here's another screenshot:

It says Firefox has prevented this site from opening 1024 pop-up windows.

• History

Here's a picture, a screenshot of my Task Manager with nothing other than Footyroom forum running. Check out the memory used by Chrome.

After a while, it says that Adobe Shockwave has crashed. Perhaps I might have been wrong, it is possible that the reason for the crash is an embedded flash that this site is using, for whatever reason and function.

It says Firefox has prevented this site from opening 1537 pop-up windows.

But look at those goddamn numbers:

SoccerBoss 7 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Use Chrome.

I am..

Are you computer illiterate? Didn't you see the screenshot up there?

• History

I am.. didn't you see the screenshot up there?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I have had no issues. Adblock tells me its only blocking five ads right now, which is pretty standard.

Trying clearing your cache, and wiping your history.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Why so sensitive, mate? Ease up. No need to go around and call people 'computer illiterate'.

There's nothing wrong with that, man. Some people are good at some things, others are good at others. We all have talents. It's what makes us different, and able to exceed in our very own fields. I did not mean that in any disrespectful or insulting way. I asked because, well, not only did I say that I'm using Chrome - I also showed a picture of it.

If you want to reply to a thread, the least you can do is read it beforehand instead of just assuming you know what is being talked about and make a comment. If you do that, you deserve to be called on it.

It is disrespectful to the OP to not read the content of the OP, wouldn't you say?

Don't you hate it, too, when somebody responds to a topic without actually reading it? Hell, it's the third sentence. Even if you missed that, there's a picture.

Sensitive? If anything, you jumping to his defense would classify you as such.

These mods here.. You guys are going too far in trying to keep this place PG. There's nothing wrong with a little disagreement, a little name-calling, especially if deserved. In order to have a community, those things must exist. It's part of communication and character building as much as anything else here.

If I were to compare you guys to refs, you would be the kinds that call a faul on the slightest of touches - even if it's a contact sport. Do you prefer a ref who lets a little contact go instead of constantly stopping the game with his whistle?

• History

There's nothing wrong with that, man. Some people are good at some things, others are good at others. We all have talents. It's what makes us different, and able to exceed in our very own fields. I did not mean that in any disrespectful or insulting way. I asked because, well, not only did I say that I'm using Chrome - I also showed a picture of it.

If you want to reply to a thread, the least you can do is read it beforehand instead of just assuming you know what is being talked about and make a comment. If you do that, you deserve to be called on it.

It is disrespectful to the OP to not read the content of the OP, wouldn't you say?

Don't you hate it, too, when somebody responds to a topic without actually reading it?

Don't you hate it, too, when somebody responds to a topic without actually reading it? Hell, it's the third sentence.

Don't you hate it, too, when somebody responds to a topic without actually reading it? Hell, it's the third sentence. Even if you missed that, there's a picture.

These mods here.. You guys are going too far in trying to keep this place PG. There's nothing wrong with a little disagreement, a little name-calling, especially if deserved. In order to have a community, those things must exist. It's part of communication and character building as much as anything else here.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

sucks for you

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@amerr it's not the first time he did it, he often gives those responses without having a clue what he is saying.
Referring to soccerbos

• History

@amerr it's not the first time he did it, he often gives those responses without having a clue what he is saying.

Amerr30 7 years ago

Alright, screw it. This was clearly a mistake.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@ amerr maybe try reinstalling your webbrowser? And reinstall adobe.

• History

@ amerr maybe try reinstalling your webbrowser?

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

this happens to me with footyroom when I use internet explorer. the whole web browser "is not responding" and i have to force quit everything. i think the browser you use is the issue. try to test out different browsers is the only thing i can think of. google chrome is the best for me. internet explorer sucks in general. firefox also sucks in general. maybe opera?

• History

this happens to me when I use internet explorer. the whole web browser "is not responding" and i have to force quit everything. i think the browser you use is the issue. try to test out different browsers is the only thing i can think of. google chrome is the best for me. internet explorer sucks in general. firefox also sucks in general. maybe opera?

I've done all that (different browsers, independently installed flash), I was honestly hoping that the developers would see this and fix whatever is causing this hunger for resources. Most likely, it is a problem within the website itself. Whoever wrote the code for the site might have done it lazily or there could even be a problem. I only have a very basic understanding of flash but since no other site is causing anything like this - it has to be the site, no?

• History

I've done all that, I was honestly hoping that the developers would see this and fix whatever is causing this hunger for resources. Most likely, it is a problem within the website itself. Whoever wrote the code for the site might have done it lazily or there could even be a problem. I only have a very basic understanding of flash but since no other site is causing anything like this - it has to be the site, no?

Anyway, on the other subject, I really really wish there was a strictly enforced age requirement.

I've done all that, I was honestly hoping that the developers would see this and fix whatever is causing this hunger for resources. Most likely, it is a problem within the website itself. Whoever wrote the code for the site might have done it lazily or there could even be a problem. I only have a very basic understanding of flash but since no other site is causing anything like this - it has to be the site, no?

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

i agree the site itself is 100% the problem. but what can you do, it is what it is.

SoccerBoss 7 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

All right then, download more ram, that should fix it.