Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Former Teammate meet in the Semi
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

So, now that we know the team that will meet in the semi, its seem obvious they are specific player which it will be interesting to see how they do against their former teammates. I'm talking about James Rodriguez for the Bayern vs Real game and of Mohamed Salah in the Liverpool vs Roma game. What more interesting are that those 2 player were considered key player at one point for these team. For exemple, James was a key player under Ancelotti at Real while Salah was simply part of the starting eleven at Roma. Will be quite interesting to see if they play a key role in the game, don't you guys think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, now that we know the team that will meet in the semi, its seem obvious they are specific player which it will be interesting to see how they do against their former teammates. I'm talking about James Rodriguez for the Bayern vs Real game and of Mohamed Salah in the Liverpool vs Roma game. What more interesting are that those 2 player were considered key player at one point for these team. For exemple, James was a key player under Ancelotti at Real especially while Salah was simply part of the starting eleven at Roma. Will be quite interesting to see if they play a key role in the game, don't you guys think?

Comments
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I hope James shows Zidane how dumb he was for not using him at all. Better than Isco in my eyes.

matrix 6 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 268

Isn't Rodriguez not allowed to play against his parent club since its a loan?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Matrix There were rumours of a clause like that but since its judged non legal by UEFA, there is no chance it exist and even if it did, it couldn't be in effect in the middle of one of their competition. So yeah, he is going to play. It was a good point to be raised though.

@Croatian I know someone who might agree with you anyway and I also hope you are right, alway liked James, it was a shame he couldn't get enough playtime at Real however. :(

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Matrix, that's a rule in England but in most other countries loanees are allowed to play against parent clubs.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@raimondo True that, by the Rai, do you recon James and Mo will be key player in the leg against their former club? I believe Salah should be at the very, propably will score at least one goal. Here hoping he won't celebrate however if he does.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Salah will be respected. Only reason he was sold was because Roma needed money, and most marketable player they had was Salah (or Nainggolan), but Salah is younger. James is different, he will go to Madrid with a point to prove. They won't be booed for being snakes, they weren't.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@amir No, obviously not but the fan might feel a bit sour if they score against them. Thats what I'm counting on to make thing more spicy.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@amir No, obviously not but the fan might feel a bit sour if they score against them. Thats what I'm counting on.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

depends which roma turns up, if they play with 3-5-2 then like they did vs barca, then there is less chance for salah to score. playing 4-3-3 against liverpool is the best scenario for salah and mane. liverpool press high and their fullbacks like to cross. with 5 on the back roma can stay in the game longer, playing vs liverpool is about not conceeding early goals. pressing waste stamina, would be fascinating how klopp would manage the game considering this is a totally different game from city.