Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ganso, from future star to zero
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So, as some of you might have known, Paulo Henrique Ganso was a team-mate of Neymar when they both played at Santos. Both were considered as important key player and some people even rated Ganso higher than Neymar. Thing is, Neymar made the jump in Europe first and become a success while his team-mate ended up joining Sao Paulo. It wasn't until 2016 that Ganso first tried his luck in europe after joining Sevilla for 10M Euros and to be quite frank, he wasn't considered a great sucess at all, despite scoring 7 goal for the team in 26 appearance. Today, Ganso is 28 year old and is playing for Amiens Sporting Club on loan from Sevilla. Both of them were success in Brazil, then moved to Spain and finally in France but in some very different team and situation. What do you guys think of it all?

Comments
Marshall2118 6 years ago
Paris Saint Germain 5 88

Well we all know that the brazilian league is not the same as top european leagues in termes of level. So many players, specially the technical ones, that thrive in brazil are labeled future starts but very few actually live up to the expectations. Which is the case of Ganso.

He still is a player with very good technique, but its obviously not enough. But I believe playing in the french league and in a club that is not that mediatized will take away the pressure and perhaps makes him be more confident on the pitch (he does have the technique). I think that it's a win/win for him and the club.

I dont believe he should be compared to Neymar. The only thing they have in commun is having played together in Santos.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Hmmm that an interesting comparison thought it was somebody else. Just goes to show out of the very few that make it, even more don’t but you aren’t aware it. Guess also I was thinking that it could be worse for the lad. He still gets to play what he loves at a high level. Without the constant media attention that Neymar receives.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

sometimes you need a bit of luck and be decisive in careers. I felt that he was too careful not to move to europe at his peak.
but history have shown that ligue 1 is the place where the fallen will rise (at least get back on form) again: balotelli, depay, falcao, payet, ben arfa(briefly), hopefully ganso can be back too. you're right tho, he must be disappointed looking at his career compared to his old colleagues of the same gen: lucas moura (spurs), neymar (psg), danilo (city), felipe anderson (west ham).

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@marshall Heard that his mean problem is lack of speed and the fact he doesn't bring a lot defensively to a team, guy is too focused on himself and didn't seem to realize the additional effort he needed to give when he arrive in europe. But yes, got little to do with Neymar nowaday other that they both played at the same club once.

@thebaldgenius He could pull a Payet at best for me, at 28, he's propably not gonna get that many chance to shine again. If he want to got a chance at salvaging his european career, its in the next two year that its going to happen. Don't really expect miracle. Also, I'm kind of worried about Felipe Anderson, he is very talented but West Ham need to fix a lots of their problem fast or else, he propably will regret the move.

@Ledley Who did you think it was? But yeah, obviously, for now, its not too bad, still think if he flop at a lower team in France, thing will get even worse from then on.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@marshall Heard that his mean problem is lack of speed and the fact he doesn't bring a lot defensively to a team, guy is too focused on himself and didn't seem to realize the additional effort he needed to give when he arrive in europe. But yes, got little to do with Neymar nowaday other that they both played at the same club once.

@thebaldgenius He could pull a Payet at best for me, at 28, he's propably not gonna get that many chance to shine again. If he want to got a chance at salvaging his european career, its in the next two year that its going to happen. Don't really expect miracle. Also, I'm kind of worried about Felipe Anderson, he is very talented but West Ham need to fix a lots of their problem fast or else, he propably will regret the move.

@Ledley, who did you think it was? But yeah, obviously, for now, its not too bad, still think if he flop at a lower team in France, thing will get even worse from then on.

Ledley 6 years ago

but history have shown that ligue 1 is the place where the fallen will rise (at least get back on form) again:

Dat is true. Imagine they could keep all their players.

Who did you think it was?

There was someone who played at Man City when they just got bought by the owners had a similar name and went back to Brazil,

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

A pity, indeed.

These players should really move to Europe, not too soon, but not too late. THen you need a bit of luck, under a certain senior guidances and coaches..

Obviously, this guy didn't have it.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Injuries ruined his pace. After that it all went downhill. Watching his videos from Santos era, he really did look better than Neymar.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian So he did? Interesting to hear, I had no idea he had injury who hurted his pace though.

@tuan_jinn Bad adaptation maybe? Sure seem like it. Its easier to have a mentor figure if you arrive young though.

There was someone who played at Man City when they just got bought by the owners had a similar name and went back to Brazil,

Jo or Glauber? Only ones I can think of.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Emo, yeah I think this injury happened around 2010, when he was constantly mentioned in transfer rumours to big European clubs. Sadly it went downhill from there.

I'll again say that he was never a runner, but rather playmaker, he maybe covered 2-3km per match, and only with walking. Now after his injury, even if he had will to adapt to modern version of game, he couldn't. It's a lot of misfortune. He could have easily been one of best Brazilians in this era.

Ledley 6 years ago

Jo or Glauber? Only ones I can think of.

Haha Jo now thats a throwback. I found him his name was Elano :p

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Ledley Ganso and Elano, both name got a "A", "N" and a "O" at the end, I get why you mixed them up. ;)

@Croatian When you think about, there were a lot of potential Brazilian super star who just end up flopping in the long term. Alexandre Pato is a good example. :(