Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Goal.com's NextGen list of U19 footballers
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

http://www.goal.com/en/lists/nxgn-2018-the-50-best-teenagers-in-the-world/1uzkmt4w432v813xuj6bgxv164

I know some of the guys in here are really lesser known but some of them are fantastic talents. This list is based on U19 players, last year Donnarumma won, this year (spoiler) Kluivert which is undeserved. Some picks are very weird but if you don't focus on this as a countdown list it is great way to learn more about some good talents.

A lot of them are already getting playtime in first team so their talents are obvious.

Who is best of them?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Its hard to tell since I didn't watch a lot of them play, also, its kind of hard to compare them since they play lots of different position. I know Lafont and Donnarumma are incredibly good for young goalkeeper, can't wait to see more of them in the coming year. Will be hoping to see player like de Ligt, Junior, Kluivert and Sessegnon in the top five league in the near future. It will no doubt be easier to evaluate their level then. :)

Edit: By the way Croatian, which one you think is the best yourself and why?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Its hard to tell since I didn't watch a lot of them play, also, its kind of hard to compare them since they play lots of different position. I know Lafont and Donnarumma are incredibly good for young goalkeeper, can't wait to see more of them in the coming year. Will be hoping to see player like de Ligt, Junior, Kluivert and Sessegnon in the top five league in the near future. It will no doubt be easier to evaluate their level then. :)

Croatian 6 years ago

^eh, I voted for de Ligt but I'm probably biased as hell because he has quickly established himself on insane level already. Donnarumma is probably still better but he's kinda not in-form right now so that stopped me from picking him.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian It depend how many mistake De Ligt make by game (don't watch erdivisie), I know Donnarumma is good but the main reason everyone think he is awesome is because of how young he is, he certainly cannot be compared with the like of Oblak, De Gea and Neuer as of now.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I voted for De Leigt as well. I feel he will be at an elite level (Barca, Bayern, Real) real soon.

Aubameyang 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Gabon 3 512

Where's mbappe

• History

Wher3s mbappe

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Raimondo Wow, I really hope you guys are right, can't wait to see more of him. :D

Croatian 6 years ago

@Aubameyang, I think they meant strictly U19, Mbappe is 19 so he is left out (I think there would be no competition then).

Aubameyang 6 years ago
Arsenal, Gabon 3 512

@Croatian Alban lafont is 19...

Aubameyang 6 years ago
Arsenal, Gabon 3 512

And donnarumma is also 19...

Croatian 6 years ago

True, guess they really didn't think it was fair to have him in competition.

Aubameyang 6 years ago
Arsenal, Gabon 3 512

There isn't a rule of being fair haha otherwise what is not fair is not including mbappe as he meets the entry requirements.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Aubameyang Maybe because at this point, M'bappe is much too good to be considered a prospect with lot of potential. He is so good that he is considered on the same level as a full grown player, he obviously have an even brigther future than any of those player, no competition for me. :D

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Dont know them all,i guess Ryan is the son or the brother of Stephane Sessegnon. De Light looks promising, Waiting to see if Venicious is worthy of the hype, Spain are waiting for him. Kluivert son is very talented too but im going with Donnaroma, he is already considered a solid player and has more experience... Dont really knlwthe rest.

Croatian 6 years ago

^actually I don't think Ryan is related to Stephane, Ryan is twin brother of Steven who played in U17 WC and has another brother too, but they don't seem related to Stephane.

Vinicius is apparently doing very well in Flamengo, he recently scored 2 goals in a comeback win in Libertadores, however his former U17 teammate Paulinho is doing even better, literally considered best player of Vasco, scored 2 goals and assisted 2 in Libertadores already.

538 11432

@Croatian My only problem is that I find it hard to compare a player like Vinicius who play as a sub most of the time for about 30 to 15 min to player like Donnarumma or De Ligt who start nearly every game (play them in full) and still manage to be somewhat consistent.

• History

@Croatian My only problem is that I find it hard to compare a player like Vinicius who play as a sub most of the time for about 30 to 15 min to player like Donnarumma or De Ligt who start nearly every game and still manage to be somewhat consistent.

538 11432

@thebaldgenius 24 games, 3 MotM, 2 goal and 1 assist for Heereveen with a rating of 7.36 on whoscored.com. Make what you will of these number but at 19 year old, he certainly is still possible he will manage to take his career in the right direction. I doubt he end up being a key player for team like Real or the big six in England but who know, maybe one day, he'll manage to be an important player for a second tier team? Who can tell.

• History

@thebaldgenius 24 games, 3 MotM, 2 goal and 1 assist for Heereveen with a rating of 7.36 on whoscored.com. Make what you will of these number but at 19 year old, he certainly is still possible he will manage to take his career in the right direction. I doubt he end up being a key player for team like Real or the big six in England but who know, maybe one day, he'll manage to be important player of a second tier team? Who can tell.

Croatian 6 years ago

@Emo, yeah it's really complicated because on some players all you know is something you've heard, not watched. Vinicius - all I know about him is that he has great record in youth teams and he is skiller with eye for scoring goals, few videos proving that. Everything else is info I read on reddit or somewhere else.

@Emo, @bald_genius, Odegaard is actually pretty decent in Heerenveen. Since he came to Real he changed position, he is now basically RW/RM and he is comfortable in that place but I still think of him as AM. He kinda lacks consistency but Heerenveen's situation doesn't really help him either. He really has an eye for pass and his talent is obvious. If he manages a loan in, let's say, Valencia, I think he could blossom.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Aubameyang + Croatian

They have to be under 19 when the year starts. Mbappe turned 19 in December, whereas the others did afterwards.