{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Good season or bad season for Barca?
liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Things to keep in mind:

• We won the double.
  • We only lost one game all season – and only because they never took it seriously.

But still it feels like a terrible season. :-(((((
ALL BECAUSE OF ONE DAMN PIECE OF STUPIDITY ON ONE PERSON'S BEHALF!!!

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Who is that one person? Withouth yelling.

Also, to answer, very good La Liga season but dissapointing CL season. Thats all there is to say. Enjoy La Liga and Copa Del Rey, its still well deserved.

liomessi10 6 years ago

^valverde

liomessi10 6 years ago
  • Also: we only only lost on away goals.
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

average season. no ucl semifinal to the very least. but with the addition of coutinho, the future is not that pesimistic. hopefully valverde's experience in ucl can grow after that roma loss. some member of the squad like denis suarez and dembele needs to step up their game futher. it is what it is, barca, madrid and bayern all have high standard and always be judged in ucl lvl. credit for the double tho, denying possible triple for madrid.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@liomessi I think it was one of the first time this season you took more than 2 goal in a single game though. :(

@baldgenius Doing the double imo should still be seen as a decent accomplishement for Barca, especially considering they were dealing with their first season without Neymar and with transition at so many level, new manager, Iniesta and Suarez becoming less influential, etc...

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@emo yep, transition is always difficult doesn't matter how much £££ a club has, it takes the right person, tactic and team to setup a competitive side.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

It was a solid season. You won your domestic league, won your domestic cup, and had one bad tie in the UCL. Obviously not perfect, and there are things to improve upon, it isn't one for the ages, but not a lot to wring the hands about.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

At the start of the season everyone mocked Barca for their transfers and how weak they looked. For me it's a pretty damn impressive season if they manage to finish undefeated in the league. Surely exceeded the expectations of many.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Feels like an average season overall considering that it was very well obvious from the start that Real Madrid won't defend their league title, I think right after the Spanish Super Cup loss when the league started I wrote a few times that Real Madrid won't be able to keep up in the league like last season and that Barcelona will win it...
So I personally am not impressed overall, Barcelona fans could maybe be more happy about La Liga title than hurt from the loss against AS Roma.

Yvan21 6 years ago Edited
0 440

Horrible season, win the treble next year! ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Horrible season, win the treble next year!

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Decent season consider the squad you have. Just not depth enough for CL, too rely on Messi is still your problem and when he doesn't perform in big game, Barca struggles. And it happens on the most single crucial game of the season :/

Go down to history with the longest unbeaten run is just as good as winning CL, also it doesn't spark as strong as going to the CL final. But looking back 5 years from now... that record would stand tall.

Real choke at the beginning of the season but came back strong and have their priority straight.

Next year Coutinho is in, and Dembele starts to shine. Well, will be interesting.

From all the Barca's fan friends I have, loosing this way to Roma makes them feel like a disaster season :/ IT IS EXACTLY!!!!!! how I feel about loosing to Sevilla :(, except we are 2nd in EPL :(

• History

Decent season consider the squad you have. Just not depth enough for CL, too rely on Messi is still your problem and when he doesn't perform in big game, Barca struggles.

Go down to history with the longest unbeaten run is just as good as winning CL, also it doesn't spark as strong as going to the CL final. But looking back 5 years from now... that record would stand tall.

Real choke at the beginning of the season but came back strong and have their priority straight.

Next year Coutinho is in, and Dembele starts to shine. Well, will be interesting

Decent season consider the squad you have. Just not depth enough for CL, too rely on Messi is still your problem and when he doesn't perform in big game, Barca struggles. And it happens on the most single crucial game of the season :/

Next year Coutinho is in, and Dembele starts to shine. Well, will be interesting

Next year Coutinho is in, and Dembele starts to shine. Well, will be interesting.

From all the Barca's fan friends I have, loosing this way to Roma makes them feel like a disaster season :/

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Very good season considering expectations coming in.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Getting double with walking the league after selling second best player? Sure, dropping in CL is pain, but how is this not a good season? Not to mention how much Valverde improved defence and improved some players. I think this season is success, especially knowing it's La Liga with two direct title rivals.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Considering it's his first season, Velverde should receive a lot of credit for what he's done for Barca. After losing Neymar, I honestly thought you guys were done; the MSN is no more and Velverde was a gamble. Like many have said already, winning the domestic cup and the league is something to be proud for.

Perhaps it's because the CL is what's considered the "real competition" these days, which is fair (I'd like to think so too), but realistically speaking, this is still a very successful season when all odds were turned against Velverde at the start. You should feel relieved.

• History

Considering it's his first season, Velverde should receive a lot of credit for what he's done for Barca. After losing Neymar, I honestly thought this you guys were done; the MSN is no more and Velverde was a gamble. Like many have said already, winning the domestic cup and the league is something to be proud for.

Perhaps it's because the CL is what's considered the "real competition" these days, which is fair (I'd like to think so too), but realistically speaking, this is still a very successful season when all odds were turned against Velverde at the start. You should feel relieved.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Since I saw El Classico last season - Neymar wasn't playing and Barcelona played a lot faster and won in that game even with Real Madrid having an even better bench than this season - I honestly didn't have much worries for Barcelona after losing Neymar.

But as soon as James,Morata left Real Madrid I knew they won't win the league since last season some of their key points were won by the bench and in last minutes, they simply got away with it. After Ronaldo got 5-7 games ban in the SuperCup of Spain that slow start resulted in a big difference and it was really visible after maybe 5-10 games that Barcelona will win La Liga back.