Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Greatest Player who retired in 2017
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, considering they were many great player, some huge legend who retired from football, I thought I would take a minute to remind you guys of all the great player who decided to put an end to their career. And why not put some poll with this.

Here is the list:

• Andrea Pirlo
  • Francesco Totti
  • Kaka
  • Philipp Lahm
  • Tomas Rosicky
  • Maxwell
  • Frank Lampard
  • Dirk Kuyt
  • Xabi Alonso

Remind me if I forget another top class player. Once we got them all, I'll start doing some poll. Also, share your thought on those player and your thought on what they are leaving behind.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, considering they were many great player, some huge legend who retired from football, I thought I would take a minute to remind you guys of all the great player who decided to put an end to their career. And why not put some poll with this.

Here is the list:

• Andrea Pirlo
  • Francesco Totti
  • Kaka
  • Philipp Lahm
  • Tomas Rosicky
  • Maxwell
  • Frank Lampard
  • Dirk Kuyt

Remind me if I forget another top class player. Once we got them all, I'll start doing some poll. Also, share your thought on those player and your thought on what they are leaving behind.

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Franky by heart, Totti by mind.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Xabi Alonso retired too :p

538 11432

@Yvan21 Fixed. That what I get for taking the name from an article without thinking about it for more than minute. XD

• History

@Yvan21 That what I get for taking the name from an article without thinking about it for more than minute. XD

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Doesn't really count but Drogba announced he will retire next year.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I never really felt too strongly about Xabi or Lahm, but Pirlo, Kaka, Rosicky, Maxwell and Kuyt were players I loved, and I rarely like players outside of Chelsea. Totti's loyalty is incredible, and then there is my man Super Frankie Lampard. This was the generation of players who were in their prime when I first started watching football, so this makes me feel nostalgic :)

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Kaka was more of a letdown in Madrid than a success, but he's the only player to have won a Ballon D'or before the Cristiano and Messi regime so that alone shows the quality that he possessed/possesses. Truly one of the greats, and it was a bit disheartening to see him go for an early retire from football by joining MLS :/ Still, he's one of my favorite players, even though I didn't not have the luxury to see him play for Milan when he was at his best.

Pirlo's, Xabi's, Totti's, Lahm's, Lampard's accomplishments speak for themselves. I can't forget Pirlo during the 2006 WC. Such a key player during that tournament and what amazing quality and class he had.
When I think fo Totti, Lahm, and Lampard, the main thing that comes to my mind is loyalty. Something that seems to be lacking for the most part in today's game.

Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

As a Bayern fan, I was heartbroken when Lahm retired. Thank god we have FIFA regen to replace him straight away.

• History

As a Bayern fan, I was heartbroken when Lahm retired. Thank good we have FIFA regen to replace him straight away.

As a Bayern fan, I was heartbroken when Lahm retired. Thank go
od we have FIFA regen to replace him straight away.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian At this point, you might want to consider changing your profile pic to Kimmich. XD But yeah, its really fortunate for Bayern he really started to bloom as Lahm was leaving.

@Yvan21 Well, there are many player who are loyal to a club for a long time but rare are those that are at that level and keep a starting spot for a top team for about 10 year or more and thats why those guys were incredible for me. Top quality + total loyalty = instant legend.

Croatian 6 years ago

^on your order ;)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Tell me if you need help finding a pic! :P

Anyway, here is the first poll. Which of those footballer do you think could have still kept on playing at the best level the longest?

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

I want to say Super Frank.. but its got to be Pirlo!

Croatian 6 years ago

Did you guys read the question? Lahm was still best RB with Carvajal when he retired, meanwhile most of these guys were in MLS or on the bench (except Alonso or Kuyt).

538 11432

@Croatian enter image description here

• History

@Croatian enter image description here