Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

I have a question about Europa Leauge and Champions League winner
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

What if a team that wins Europa League is not in champions league spot domestically and Champions league winner is also from the same league but also out of CL spots , how will CL spots awarded in this scenario ? Highly unlikely but it is football and anything can happen .

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

• Regarding the top three associations (i.e. Spain, Germany and England*): if two clubs from one of these countries win the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and neither finish their domestic league in a position that qualifies them for the UEFA Champions League (something that had been possible in England with Manchester City and Liverpool), the following will happen:

– The club that won the UEFA Champions League will go straight into the group stage
– The UEFA Europa League winners will go into the UEFA Champions League play-offs
– The club that had qualified for a UEFA Champions League play-off spot via their domestic league competition (i.e. finished fourth) will transfer into the UEFA Europa League

Ripped from UEFA site. I would not have thought that, but it appears as though the team that finished 4th would go to the Europa League.

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Ripped from UEFA site. I would not have thought that, but it appears as though the team that finished 4th would go to the Europa League.

My guess is that only applies if BOTH conditions are met. They don't want 6 teams from one league!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz Aw, that's so bad, would have been great to see 6 english team in the CL one day... Ha, who am I kidding, way more likely to happen in la liga and in bundesliga. :(

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited

Why? The CL has been won by a PL team outside their Top 4 twice in recent years -- something which can't be said about anywhere else. Of course, we do never seem to prioritize the EL (and I certainly don't want Tottenham to), but United could give it a go I guess..?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Why? The CL has been won by a PL team outside their Top 4 twice in recent years -- something which can't be said about anywhere else. Of course, we do never seem to prioritize the EL (and I certainly don't want Tottenham to), but United could give it a go I guess..?

In fact: that's my new hope for the season. LOL let's have CIty win the CL, United win the EL, and yet both fall outside the Top 4.

More or less realistic than Leverkusen and Monchengladbach for the same trophies, would you say? What about Atletico Madrid and Bilbao, with Atletico falling outside the Top 4?

Dunno. I guess I still see the PL as the most credible contender there. YMMV

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz Man would I be happy if an English side win the europa league. But even now, its seem unlikely, you are right it would be more likely in PL but still. We would have to have English side win both CL and EL... Doesn't seem propable in my opinion. :(

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited

Oh I agree, it's not probable at all.

It is, however, now my new dream for the season. LOL let's have CIty win the CL, United win the EL, and yet both fall outside the Top 4, with Spurs winning the league.

Would everyone (that is: fans of those 3 teams) be happy with that? O:)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It is, however, now my new dream for the season. LOL let's have CIty win the CL, United win the EL, and yet both fall outside the Top 4.

Would everyone (that is: fans of all the Top 6 teams) be happy with that? O:)

It is, however, now my new dream for the season. LOL let's have CIty win the CL, United win the EL, and yet both fall outside the Top 4, with Spurs winning the league.

Would everyone (that is: fans of those 3 teamss) be happy with that? O:)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz City fan, yesss, United fan, propably, team that finished fouth? 100% not happy. XD I think United can still get top 4 but that scenario isn't impossible, nothing is when it come down to english side after all. :D

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Thank you@sunflash

And United must give it a go despite of what is going on domestically ! They have the team and manager to manage it .