Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

I used a world cup predictor :
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

like the title of the thread i used a simple predictor, and i found some interesting facts :

• If both Spain and Argentina end up first, they would have easy 1/8 finals and meet in quarters....
  • France if they end up first and there is no surprise in other groups, they will have beatable opponents till semi finals. ( croatia in 1/8 finals ) and one of Morocco/Portugal/Uruguay in quarters.
  • England shoud end up 2 end to escape Brazil in quarters and let Belgium facing them.
  • England then would face Colombia and Germany in quarters, Belgium to face Senegal and Brazil.

if All favourites finish first and advnce till semi finals : Semi finals would look like :

• BRAZIL / FRANCE
  • SPAIN / GERMANY

Brazil is everything goes like expected would avoid all the contenders till semi finals and avoid the strongest europeen sides of the moment Germany/Spain.

Off Topic : Should we consider Belgium as serious outsiders ?

in form players : Lukaku, Mertens, Alderwereild, Naingolan, Vertonghen, KDB....
they gained maturity from 2014 and they look dangerous specially in paper.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Yep, using predictor, if there isn't big suprise, Brazil should reach semi, so should Spain and Germany. Brazil could propably make it to the final if they don't lose against France or Portugal (depending who they meet) meanwhile, I think Spain will be favorite to win the other semi if it ever goes to that. Spain vs Brazil final is a pretty decent prediction imo but I doubt it will go that much as expected. And yeah, I believe we should consider Belgium a serious outsider, they got some of the best quality and their player are both in form and more mature than before. People will have to watch out for them imo.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yep, using predictor, if there isn't big suprise, Brazil should reach semi, so should Spain and Germany. Brazil could propably make it to the final if they don't lose against France or Portugal meanwhile, I think Spain will be favorite to win the other semi if it ever goes to that. Spain vs Brazil final is a pretty decent prediction imo but I doubt it will go that much as expected. And yeah, I believe we should consider Belgium a serious outsider, they got some of the best quality and their player are both in form and more mature than before. People will have to watch out for them imo.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I don't know who considers Martinez that good of a coach to take him for the nation's golden chance, I don't know, he never really impressed me as coach. Aside from having absolutely world class/near world-class player in each position I heard they don't have team spirit and stuff. Which is weird since all those players know each other for a while and most of them play in the same league pushing for big glory, and there is no bigger glory than the WC imo.

I still don't know did they try midfield of KDB-Dembele-Nainggolaan... because Nainggolaan is weirdly enough almost always left out behind Witsel (that guy who rejected Juve to end up in China). Even fullbacks are good with Vertonghen/Lukaku and Meunier/bunch of really solid RBs who can do good job.

On full force they'd be third or fourth best team in the world IMO.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

would be a huge achievement if belgium made it to semifinal. belgium plays with back 3 these days and their midfield is actually one of the best currently. if france made it to the final would be a turnaround for pogba.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

France won’t achieve anything without Ribéry and Benzema, they got results lately but barely impress.
Mbappe or Grizzy are WC, yet no one is a leader. I’m going to offense my United mates but I DONT LIkE POGBA, he has poor decision taking, he has a BO potential, incredible skills, precision and shootings. But he has the brain of a teenager, mental is for me one of the most important things in life, what he lacks and Mourinho will make him suffer for it.
I would pair Kante-Nzonzi, make room for Tolisso, put Umtiti-koscienly-Varane-Laporte as main Cbs in this order, with Kimpembe as 5th choice. Not having Benz-Ribery available for almost political reasons is beyond me. Both were judged innocent and both have the experience and pressure control that others don’t. Kante should have been getting the midlefield keys for. While, Deschamps never lined up a main XI he is testing and testing and testing, at the end France strength turned into weakness. Teams having’ less depth and choice looks like finding automatisms... we don’t.

Germany has same issue but you see Muller-Hummells-Boateng-Kroos backing the new generation...

Spain-Brazil-Germany-Argentina in this order, with Belgium-France in the outsider role, England reaching quarters this year.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Yeah, its sad but it seem pretty obvious France depth has backfired on itself. On paper, they are one of the best team but the players never create any notable link together because DD is alway trying different line-up. Its a shame. :(

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I should be France Captain make me cap and we will win the WC

enter image description here

Croatian 6 years ago

@tiki, tbh Tolisso-Kante-Pogba midfield has been working pretty well for them, I wouldn't drop Pogba except if he goes on his form from previous Euros.

And I don't know man, I wouldn't take Benzema over Griezmann or Mbappe currently, plus Giroud is always massive success, and Lemar/Coman/Fekir are probably better, consistent and more dangerous players right now (especially since Ribery's sad injury).

Also it's insane that Kimpembe, Lucas and Lenglet will most likely be out of the WC (atleast 2/3), plus Umtiti-Varane should be France's backline for many years so we maybe won't even see them starting for France during their peak.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Benz is a classic 10 right now and link up very well with Griezmann, Mbappe should play upfront Giroud in the bench. I don’t like Koman nor Dembele, WC is not in a league basis, all inconsistent players should let their place to players sure of delivering even if potentially less talented.
Yeah Croatian the number of CBS is incredible, Kurt Zouma, Sakho, Rami, and im forgetting more. Same for Thauvin, Ben Yedder, Gameiro, Valere Germain, Gomis, Benz, roni Lopez, Aouar, Martial, Lacazette, Giroud, Grizzy, Mbappe, Payet, Dembele, Koman, Augustin,Plea, saint Maximin.... for 6 places or 7. GL Deschamps....

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Lol Lodatz what’s funny is that his WC ticket is granted, and not Matuidi, Nzonzi or Tolisso.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz @tiki Don't get me wrong, I love Sissoko, but how exactly does he get a spot by default in WC team over Matuidi, Nzonzi or Tolisso? I mean, the guy barely ever start at Tottenham. :(

@tiki

all inconsistent players should let their place to players sure of delivering even if potentially less talented.

Harsh, but propably true. I really hope Didier Deschamp prioritize experience over potential.

@Croatian Yep, France depth atm is so crazy, they got so many player who actually good enough to make it to the WC but propably they won't all be able to attend because of it so its really a question of making the right choice. :(

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Oh I was just kidding. April Fools, etc.

I think Matuidi should definitely have a ticket granted.

Croatian 6 years ago

On different hand their fullbacks are really average compared to some other national teams...

Since Mendy is injured and Kurzawa/Digne/Theo all became backups, there is really no one of higher quality in form for WC if you don't look for let's say Amavi or Ferland Mendy which probably won't be picked ahead of Digne/Kurzawa.

Right side is much better since first choice is basically guaranteed Sidibe who is good player (especially when in-form), plus a lot of other options there with different paths so far. Corchia was supposed to be in competition for the squad but barely plays in Sevilla, Debuchy on other hand was absolutely not considered until he became very good in Ligue 1. So Corchia is basically out while the rest is on DD. For one spot he can choose from Debuchy, Dubois or Pavard, with few younger guys there too but with virtually 0% chance on making the squad. Pavard is currently favorite although he is mostly CB (he is kinda like Azpilicueta).

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Sidibe of Monaco is really good, i agree with you Croatian Kurzawa is inconsistent and does stupid decisions, but then Kimpembe can play winger or Varane reason why they are precious...

@Lodatz Deschamps rates him really high, he likes his profile, well Sissoko is going to WC, he did a decent final of Euro btw but still not fan of these kind of Mids, lacks a little creativity...