{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

If every Premier League club was a Game of Thrones character
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

ARSENAL: SANSA STARK

enter image description here

Stylish, elegant, visually appealing, with an illustrious heritage – and often within touching distance of power. Yet recent years have been painful and many loyal supporters wish there was just a bit more backbone on display. Key debate: should they really keep listening to the honeyed words of long-term advisor Lord Arsene Littlewenger?

CHELSEA: THE NIGHT KING

Relentless, formidable, feared and loathed by the other major players. If you’re not a follower of this piercing blue terror, you probably want to see them crash and burn. The problem is that while there’s always hope of a sudden, shattering triumph for the opposition – they often seem to rise again, as powerful as they ever were before.

EVERTON: JON SNOW

Spent the early seasons looking grim in bad weather and generally being ignored by other richer operators – yet they do actually boast a glorious past heritage. Recent years have brought a steady rise in importance, but with so many flashier lords around, we’re not sure they will ever really rule the land. (Additional note: may well share some family ties with Daenerys Targaryen, but don’t bring that up as it only gets awkward.)

LEICESTER: BRIENNE OF TARTH

Underestimate them at your peril. For a long time, looked at as nothing more than an ugly duckling and the butt of many a cruel joke. But all that changed when they triumphed in a series of memorable, titanic battles against opponents who many assumed would be too strong. Taken far more seriously since then.

LIVERPOOL: DAENERYS TARGARYEN

Began the series with all the noble heritage and lineage you can imagine, yet – how can we put this kindly? For all that fine history – and some successes on foreign soil – they haven’t actually ruled over the land that was once their domain since their ancestors were around. Recent upgrade in firepower has helped, but the process of placing them upon the throne they see as rightfully theirs still hasn’t come to pass.

MANCHESTER CITY: ARYA STARK

For so long, a ragtag, muddy-faced wanderer who was treated with general disdain. Yet something has changed quite dramatically in recent years, as the family drop-out has turned into one dangerous customer to encounter. However, despite their newfound, nimble attacking skills, you get the feeling that they’re still searching for a face that fits and a real identity to call their own.

MANCHESTER UNITED: JAIME LANNISTER

Mega-rich, handsome, swashbuckling in style and the very best in the land at what they do in the early years. It’s no wonder they were/are so widely hated by neutrals. Yet recent years have been harder on them after the devastating loss of an irreplaceable right hand [man]. At least it's given everyone else a fighting chance.

TOTTENHAM: SER DAVOS THE ONION KNIGHT

Cut a frustrated figure during early seasons as – despite some popularity – never seemed to be on the winning side. “I’ve never been much of a fighter,” could also sum up a team which tended to shy away from the physical. As could Ser Davos’s follow-up: “Apologies for what you’re about to see” (a line which probably appeared on Spurs’ matchday tickets until about 2009). More recently, however, there’s been a rise in rank and importance, even as they face off against richer foes. Trending firmly upwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=06TqC6vqyTs

Comments
iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Very accurate portrayals, and excellent pointer on us being Jaime, although Dany wouldn't be a bad fit either.

But I only see Chelsea as CERSEI LANNISTER

Currently the "queen" who is very unstable and deceitful. Her hyper-vigilance and lack of trust to outsiders don't come as much of a surprise to anyone, which is why she isn't very popular or in fact hated by most, if not, everyone. She probably won't even last long on the title as "queen" by which will later be passed onto us, which you perfectly depicted as Jaime Lannister because he is the King slayer and will later be the 'Queen Slayer' soon enough (I theorize that he will kill Cersei at the end, but that's a whole different matter).

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Chelsea, the Champions and on the throne.

Jamie Lannister, the king slayer = Drogba slayed the rivals Man United and Arsenal and Bayern's captain Neuer.

Cersei Lannister, defeated her nearest enemies easy but losing her son = Conte getting on top of London defeating Spurs and Arsenal but losing Diego Costa

Tyron Lannister = all the Chelsea rejects that try so hard to kick down Chelsea from the throne.

Joffrey Lannister = Roberto Di Mateo, slayed Bayern for the European Throne but had a bad fate.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Chelsea, the Champions and on the throne.

Jamie Lannister, the king slayer = Drogba slayed the rivals Man United and Arsenal and Bayern's captain Neuer.

Cersei Lannister, defeated her nearest enemies easy = Conte getting on top of London defeating Spurs and Arsenal

Tyron Lannister = all the Chelsea rejects that try so hard to kick down Chelsea from the throne.

Joffrey Lannister = Roberto Di Mateo, slayed Bayern for the European Throne but had a bad fate.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I also think that Chelsea is best suited to be Cersei Lannister. Vicious, ruthless, and hated by damn near everybody except Lannisters (Chelsea supporters). Also has a crazy ex that she got rid of pretty smartly (Robert Baratheon / Jose Mourinho).

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The white walkers = PSG, a force the whole world isn't prepared for.

Night king = Cavani

Ice Dragon = Neymar

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Well Sansa has now killed the man who loved her, so Arsenal seems pretty damn accurate.

Also, I'm very ok with being Jamie.

Drbutterface 7 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

@SunFlash I heard Cersei is going to die by the hands of Jamie.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well, looks like Jaime is leaving King's Landing, so perhaps the "valonqar" theory does not necessarily refer to Cersei's little brother. Additionally, the show and the books will probably be very different from season 6 onwards.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The only character I don't like to see is Arya, that little girl survived ridiculous things like a power ranger it's silly...

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I am sort of pissed because season 7 was short.
However, applause to directors and creators of the show because they have done marvelous job with entire show and last episode .

I am ok with Lanisters. Although am I the only one supporting dead walkers and Night King? Hell with all this immoral, violent, sex infested and incest society of westeros .

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

The finale episode was amazing, that's for sure. Although I agree that the pace throughout the season looked slightly rushed.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Fitting picks per team. Favorite show on tv for me, blended with the best game on the planet. Huge thumbs up from me!

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

yeah we had three dragons, mane, firmino and coutinho, then one of them was taken away from us ;( im cool with being targaryen