Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

Irish newspaper mistakes Stormzy for new MUFC player Romelu Lukaku
alferroa 10 months ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 174

enter image description here

The Herald, an Irish newspaper, has run a photo of the grime star Stormzy with the headline: "Lukaku is ready for work." The Belgian forward, 24, has completed his £75m move to Manchester United after passing a medical:

Since photos of Lukaku in his club’s official kit has not launched yet, the Irish newspaper decided to use an old pictures of him... A picture of Stormzy, a ManU fan, not Romelu Lukaku.

Stormzy replied to the mistake:

The Herald has apologized for the mistake:

Comments
nigelpayne 10 months ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

such a fail hahaha :D

tuan_jinn 10 months ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 161 5631

The writer drank too much whiskey I tell you that ahahaha

Emobot7 10 months ago
315 7956

Not wanting to play devil advocat, but I'm guessing the people working in that journal are white as its a fact white people have harder time to differentiate black people. But even with that, its a big fail from them and its a very good thing they excused themselve afterward. Should alway double check your source when posting an article. :(

Eden17Hazard17 10 months ago
Chelsea FC 148 3868

Everyone purposely mixes up Lukaku and Stormzy for the fun of it because they look similar, so it was only going to be a matter of time until someone gets fooled by the jokes and actually mixes up the two of them.

JuanMata10 10 months ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Eden: Yeah, but how do you fuck up so badly? I suppose they have to use some sort of search engine to find a picture of Lukaku. What was the thought process of the author? "I need a picture of Lukaku, lemme just type in Stormzy"? Baffling.

Also:

Golazo111 10 months ago
Chelsea, Mexico 67 2467

Not wanting to play devil advocat, but I'm guessing the people working in that journal are white as its a fact white people have harder time to differentiate black people.