Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Real Madrid in need of a new GK or not?
frojas 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Costa Rica 1 1

Late news said that Courtouis might go to Real Madrid but is it a good deal?

Comments
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

It would be an awesome deal but I don't see Courtois leaving Chelsea to be honest.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Clearly Madrid thinks so. They chased De Gea for long enough.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think we do. Navas was absolutely terrific last season, but has been error-prone this current season. I'm not fond of letting a player go immediately without giving them a second chance, but frankly, Casilla is not better than Navas, and Navas does not look like he is improving. I think getting another GK in order to off-load Casilla is an idea worth pondering about, but it's not a necessity. That being said, crucial games often depend on how sharp your GK is, and Navas has already cost us in quite a few important games so far (first one that comes to mind is Dortmund away).

Courtois is a fairly good 'keeper, but I frankly don't see him leaving Chelsea. De Gea would certainly be a welcome addition, especially because he is Spanish.

What is more important than a GK right now is a solid LB. Nacho is more than capable of covering for Dani at RB, but we have no back-up for Marcelo. We need to off-load Danilo and get a quality LB.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think we do. Navas was absolutely terrific last season, but has been error-prone this current season. I'm not fond of letting a player go immediately without giving them a second chance, but frankly, Casilla is not better than Navas, and Navas does not look like he is improving. I think getting another GK in order to off-load Casilla is an idea worth pondering about, but it's not a necessity. That being said, crucial games often depend on how sharp your GK is, and Navas has already cost us in quite a few important games so far (first one that comes to mind is Dortmund away).

Courtois is a fairly good 'keeper, but I frankly don't see him leaving Chelsea. De Gea would certainly be a welcome addition, especially because he is Spanish.

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

@Dynastian

Speaking of RM leftbacks, what the hell is happening with Coentrão? Can we get him back to Benfica?

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@VAMOS

Eh, I have no idea. Clearly Zidane does not want him. I don't know what's wrong because I always liked Coentrao and he always put in 100% effort. He does not even make the bench. I watch roughly 70-80% of Real Madrid games throughout a season, and only saw Coentrao play for us once in 2016-17. I'm sure he'll want to move either to Portugal or another team in a good league once his contract is over.

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

I see, thanks for the update. Coentrão is such a strange type of player, he seems to be so lazy with his training and almost the type who doesn't want to play games, but when he actually does, he always plays fantastic and 100 %.

I'd take him back no doubt. Was always good for us (and you guys) and generally a first-rate player.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yeah you need De Gea, Hazard, Lewandowski and every player that seems to do good for his team, Catch them all...

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Tiki is so salty right now lol

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Make sense I guess... :(

Still Real Madrid did in the past go for superstar and Perez love for Galactigos is still actually a thing, so making a pokemon reference there work a bit in my opinion. XD Not that the fan should feel bad for it, its not their fault.

Also, I think it would be interesting to see Courtois go to Real. A very decent alternative to De Gea. Even though, he wouldn't need to move if Chelsea does win the league for they would propably have a very decent chance in the CL. I guess we will have to wait this summer to see even though it would be a pretty good move if De Gea doesn't push a move.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@VAMOS

Yeah, I never doubted his class. He was always good when called up on, and tried his best to play well regardless. I'm fairly sure that most Madridistas have respect for Coentrao for his time at Madrid. I don't think he's complaining either with a couple Champions League titles in his bag.

• History

@VAMOS

Yeah, I never doubted his class. He was always good when called up on, and tried his best to play well regardless. I'm fairly sure that most Madridistas have respect for Coentrao for his time at Madrid.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Still Real Madrid did in the past go for superstar and Perez love for Galactigos is still actually a thing, so making a pokemon reference there work a bit in my opinion. XD Not that the fan should feel bad for it, its not their fault.

Barca spent 100M more than RM did this season....just saying

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

barcelona are. ter stegen is just not reliable makes too many mistakes. cillessen is sooo much better at the moment. still need someone better.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

whatever happens we are keeping de gea....#1 in the world

diehardMANUTDfan 7 years ago
Manchester United, Indonesia 1 76

Courtois would be a perfect fit for Real Madrid. it's not that I don't like keylor navas, but courtouis HAS to leave Chelsea. he prevents Man Utd from winning the epl

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@diehardMANUTDfan XD But to be fair, even if Courtois wasn't with Chelsea, they might still be first albeit with a bit less point. ;)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

So, 2 month later and what do you guys think? Real need and new keeper and would Courtois be the best choice? Would it be the most likely one?

Real could use another keeper IMO, as much as I like Navas, I believe Real could do better. Courtois might be hard to take away from Chelsea though. ;S

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Oh, most definitely we need a new goal-keeper.

Navas is a good goalkeeper, no doubt. But he's not a top quality goalkeeper even though he was amazing last year. It does not look like he'll be getting back to that form any time soon. He doesn't look nearly as good as he did. All the evidence that we need a new goalkeeper should have been the Bayern Munich game.

What Neuer did for Bayern Munich is what a goal-keeper at a top, elite club is supposed to do. We've had that for more than a decade with Casillas and really really miss it now. Casillas was able to keep us in the games we had no right to be in by making unbelievable saves. Without Neuer, the Bayern Munich tie would've been over in the first game.

So why is it that we do not have a goal-keeper of such calibre? We need to. We have world-class quality in every position except GK.

Just yesterday I read a story that said Mourinho will be asking Real Madrid for a trade. Since he thinks we will most likely be coming back for De Gea given Navas' performance this year, it seems like they will be asking either for Morata or Kroos (or both) to trade for De Gea. I don't think we'd ever agree to any deal that would see us lose Kroos unless we got somebody like Verratti, and even then he'd be more of a replacement for Modric than Kroos.

If they want a trade, I'd be fine letting Morata leave to get De Gea. As good as Morata is, I don't think he'll ever rise to be a starter at a club like Real Madrid. He's just a level below that. A great impact sub or one of the stars of a lower, mid-table side. Besides, I do think Ronaldo is slowly making his switch to a central striker, especially if we do purchase Hazard as well this summer. It seems like we might really do end up doing that, since even Hazard has come out and said a few days ago that he has ambitions to play in 'another club'.

I think we'll end up selling James to make room for Hazard, move CR centrally. Sell Morata and get De Gea. It's possible that both of these deals will be trades as Chelsea is interested in James while United is interested in Morata - now even more so with Ibra's career ending injury concerns.

Sorry for somehow, always ending up writing essays. I don't intend to. It just happens somehow..

• History

Oh, most definitely we need a new goal-keeper.

Navas is a good goalkeeper, no doubt. But he's not a top quality goalkeeper even though he was amazing last year. It does not look like he'll be getting back to that form any time soon. He doesn't look nearly as good as he did. All the evidence that we need a new goalkeeper should have been the Bayern Munich game.

What Neuer did for Bayern Munich is what a goal-keeper at a top, elite club is supposed to do. We've had for more than a decade with Casillas and really really miss it now. Casillas was able to keep us in the games we had no right to be in by making unbelievable saves. Without Neuer, the Bayern Munich tie would've been over in the first game.

So why is it that we do not have a goal-keeper of such calibre? We need to. We have world-class quality in every position except GK.

Just yesterday I read a story that said Mourinho will be asking Real Madrid for a trade. Since he thinks we will most likely be coming back for De Gea given Navas' performance this year, it seems like they will be asking either for Morata or Kroos (or both) to trade for De Gea. I don't think we'd ever agree to any deal that would see us lose Kroos unless we got somebody like Verratti, and even then he'd be more of a replacement for Modric than Kroos.

If they want a trade, I'd be fine letting Morata leave to get De Gea. As good as Morata is, I don't think he'll ever rise to be a starter at a club like Real Madrid. He's just a level below that. A great impact sub or one of the stars of a lower, mid-table side. Besides, I do think Ronaldo is slowly making his switch to a central striker, especially if we do purchase Hazard as well this summer. It seems like we might really do end up doing that, since even Hazard has come out and said a few days ago that he has ambitions to play in 'another club'.

I think we'll end up selling James to make room for Hazard, move CR centrally. Sell Morata and get De Gea. It's possible that both of these deals will be trades as Chelsea is interested in James while United is interested in Morata - now even more so with Ibra's career ending injury concerns.

Sorry for somehow, always ending up writing essays. I don't intend to. It just happens somehow..

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Difficult to say whether he's the best option. It depends also on how much Chelsea wants Madrid to pay. But, it most likely will be De Gea. Florentino is fixated on signing him since last summer because of the idea to make Real Madrid "more of a Spanish team." Another option would be Jan Oblak from Atletico, but good luck getting any player from them. Also, Gianluigi Donnarumma, Milan's keeper, is a name that was thrown at some point in the discussion. All in all, everything points to Madrid making a change in the goalkeeper position for now.

fletcher7 7 years ago
Hamburger SV, Germany 0 174

Never ever in a million years

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I agree with @Amerr. If Zidane starts playing Ronaldo as a full-time striker, then we can live without both Benzema and Morata, and get another sub striker instead. De Gea for Morata is a trade I'd make any day of the week.