Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Real Madrid in trouble?
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11429

Despite their last 2-1 win against Alaves, I can't help feeling Real season is in danger, the team doesn't score as many goal, their defense have never been so exposed recently, they are also plagued with injury and ban. Even in their last game, it was actually one of the new recruit, Ceballos who saved them by scoring two... Can't help feeling this season is not going to go as smoothly as the last one. I just hope Perez don't try to sack Zidane or anything like that, it would break my heart. What do you guys think about it all? Will this current poor form continue and if it does, will it lead them to spend more in the coming transfers windows?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Despite their last 2-1 win against Alaves, I can't help feeling Real season is in danger, the team doesn't score as many goal, their defense have never so exposed recently, they are also plagued with injury and ban. Even in their last game, it was actually one of the new recruit, Ceballos who saved them by scoring two... Can't help feeling this season is not going to go as smoothly as the last one. I just hope Perez don't try to sack Zidane or anything like that, it would break my heart. What do guys think about it all? Will this current poor form continue and if it does, will it lead them to spend more in the coming transfers windows?

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Bale and Benzema were not producing much last season while as soon as James and Morata got a chance they did great. The decision was still to let go of James and Morata...

I personally think that Real already lost La Liga, IMO to Barcelona and when it comes to CL I find it impossible that Real Madrid wins for the third time in a row, IMO impossible. Sounds harsh but it's not easy to win, a lot of things need to go right.

About them spending money it's a big question if they actually have targets right now but I think that Barcelona will actually try to spend money on some big name in the January window.

So Real Madrid won't win this season if you ask me but they had a historical run so Zidane has alot of credits left to work with he has no real reason to fear for his job.

• History

Bale and Benzema were not producing much last season while as soon as James and Morata got a chance they did great. The decision was still to let go of James and Morata...

I personally think that Real already lost La Liga, IMO to Barcelona and when it comes to CL I find it impossible that Real Madrid wins for the third time in a row, IMO impossible. Sounds harsh but it's not easy to win, a lot of things need to go right.

So Real Madrid won't win this season if you ask me but they had a historical run so Zidane has alot of credits left to work with he has no real reason to fear for his job.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

We were coming off an injury-filled season with Carlo and had a pretty crappy start with Rafa. Then Zidane took over, had more trophies than loses in his first year, restored the balance in our shaky midfield, and made a second squad that could challenge for top 3 in La Liga. Of course I'm very unhappy with the way things are going, but it's too early to say they are in trouble.

"Whenever a bird ascends high, it shall fall the as it went up" - Arabic proverb

Madrid has been good for almost two years now that a few trips looks like it's the end of the world. Madrid will descend, and it may be a hard fall considering how high we jumped from our last low point. But that's world football, man (real life as well). One year this team's on top, then that team takes over for a few years, then we get an underdog story from time to time. But again to answer your question, I don't see trouble in our near future.

Yvan21 7 years ago Edited
0 440

We've never been characterized by having the most compact defense so I'm not too worried about that. Offensively we're the team with most shots per game so far by a large margin, and just barely the team with most shots on goal (tied with Barca pretty much) https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Seasons/6960/Stages/15375/TeamStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2017-2018

And the main problem is that we've somehow managed to miss the unmissable like the one against Valencia (sorry no video because La Liga Pro blocks everything lol)

We'll bounce back for sure. The core of the team is still the same; we just have to start putting way our chances. I think one way or another we're gonna have to spend money and get a new striker next summer window or the one coming up in a few months, unless Mayoral turns into a goal scoring monster or Benzema starts doing what a central striker is primarily supposed to do :p

But yea I hope Zidane doesn't get fired anytime soon because he knows how to remain calm and not freak out. The media blows out of proportion these things. Yes 7 points from Barcelona is a big gap, but it's not like all of a sudden we're a mid table team
We just got done winning two trophies against United and Barcelona, and in the span of a month or so we're in crisis according to the press. Shows you how fast things can change, and how fast they can revert back to how they were a month or so ago :)

@Golazo Selling Morata for 80 million was a good deal for us. Our problem is that we chose to not get a replacement with the money we got for him and Danilo. And I wouldn't put it past FloPer to fire Zidane haha. After all he didn't hesitate firing Ancelotti having won la decima after years of managers failing where he succeeded :p

• History

We've never been characterized by having the most compact defense so I'm not too worried about that. Offensively we're the team with most shots per game so far by a large margin, and just barely the team with most shots on goal (tied with Barca pretty much) https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Seasons/6960/Stages/15375/TeamStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2017-2018

And the main problem is that we've somehow managed to miss the unmissable like this one against Valencia (shoutouts to Benzema)

We'll bounce back for sure. The core of the team is still the same; we just have to start putting way our chances. I think one way or another we're gonna have to spend money and get a new striker next summer window or the one coming up in a few months, unless Mayoral turns into a goal scoring monster or Benzema starts doing what a central striker is primarily supposed to do :p

But yea I hope Zidane doesn't get fired anytime soon because he knows how to remain calm and not freak out. The media blows out of proportion these things. Yes 7 points from Barcelona is a big gap, but it's not like all of a sudden we're a mid table team
We just got done winning two trophies against United and Barcelona, and in the span of a month or so we're in crisis according to the press. Shows you how fast things can change, and how fast they can revert back to how they were a month or so ago :)

And the main problem is that we've somehow managed to miss the unmissable like this one against Valencia (shoutouts to Benzema)

@Golazo Selling Morata for 80 million was a good deal for us. Our problem is that we chose to not get a replacement with the money we got for him and Danilo.

And the main problem is that we've somehow managed to miss the unmissable like the one against Valencia (sorry no video because La Liga Pro blocks everything lol)

@Golazo Selling Morata for 80 million was a good deal for us. Our problem is that we chose to not get a replacement with the money we got for him and Danilo.

@Golazo Selling Morata for 80 million was a good deal for us. Our problem is that we chose to not get a replacement with the money we got for him and Danilo. And I wouldn't put it past FloPer to fire Zidane haha. After all he didn't hesitate firing Ancelotti after he won la decima after years of failing :p

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

In my opinion - yes. Not some sort of trouble to make them get out of competition but to lose one of La Liga or CL early, maybe yes. I still am shocked they haven't swapped Benzema with any striker capable to play build-up but score at same time. Which Benzema tragically can't.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

Interesting to see the different opinion on this. Thanks for sharing your thought guys. :D

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

saying Real lost the league in September because they are 7 pts behind is same as City celebrating the EPL title after first 7 rounds last season.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

The only trouble i can see for Real is that they lost the depth they had to rotate the team consistently and not fear they would drop points. James, Morata and Pepe left with no equal replacements. Also, Zidane has been extremely fortunate and sometimes luck turns against you. Ita gonna be interesting to see how Zidane and the board react when things aren't going so well.

Florentino of old would fire Zidane after just one poor season but it would seem things are changing in Real and they might be patient. Especially when there aren't many top coaches available.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

saying Real lost the league in September because they are 7 pts behind is same as City celebrating the EPL title after first 7 rounds last season

True, it's stupid to say that I know...it's more likely for them to take La Liga title compared to winning Champions League (for the third time in a row) again, but I really feel that they won't get away with it like last season, even if it's easy for Real to win Classico games, they will lose more points to other teams, at least that's what I think.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Beside what everyone has said, I want to stress the important of the mid and central striker... when Modric is not on form and the Central striker is not there performing well, Ronaldo doesn't have enough space anymore to make the best out of him...

And,

Marcelo... he's sooooo important for so many reasons. He could tore up the opponent's system apart and add a heavy force on Real's total attack. They miss him.

• History

Beside what everyone has said, I want to stress the important of the mid and central striker... when Modric is not on form and the Central striker is not there, Ronaldo doesn't have enough space anymore...

And,

Marcelo... he's sooooo important for so many reasons. He could tore up the opponent's system apart and add a heavy force on Real's total attack. They miss him.

bluezz 7 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

imo real is too big of a club to be in trouble hahaha

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

First victory in Dortmund, no problem here ;) (just jinxed it)

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11429

@Yvan21 Bale goal was sick though. First touch shot with great finish will alway take a goalkeeper by surprise. :D But seriously, look like Madrid have their motivation at least in Europe. The only notable point though was that BVB didn't seem at it best, they felt nervous imo.

• History

@Yvan21 Bale goal was sick though. First touch shot with great finish will alway take a goalkeeper by surprise. :D

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@Emo gotta agree to an extent, first time watching them this season but they did seem a bit too anxious on the last third of the field. They did play with so much intensity though, especially in the beginning :p Man, I'm tired of being paired up against Dortmund all the time, but these match ups are incredibly good :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Yvan Yeah, we get some very good game out of it, the score are also pretty reasonable much of the time. :D

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

FFS, Carvajal has heart problem, one of my favorite RB in the whole world and he has heart problem. I really hope its nothing too bad and that he get better soon, one of Real most underated player in my opinion. :(

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I doesn't seem to be anything too serious, just an infection. You made me think it was something similar to De la Red who had to retire due to heart conditions and had a bright future at Madrid.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

That's sad. Wish he recovers and continues his career, he's not in his prime years yet he is only 25.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Sad news for Carvajal. Heart problem could be coming from his genetics. Since he is a footballer, it's most probably genetic. I just hope he won't have hard times in his future.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Raimond Yeah, sorry about that, didn't make as much research as I wanted on the topic and even if I did, I'm a bit weak in english when it come to healt condition, would have had hard time to explain it. :(

@Golazo @Emre Like Raimondo said, it doesn't sound too serious but still, thanks for the thought guys.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Oh, didn't see Raimando's comment. It's an infection then. Hopefully he'll recover soon.