Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Uefa Champions League even worth watching nowadays?
JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

So many years I have been watching the game we love beeing manipulated by few men on the pitch that are not even playing. Take out the game PSG-Barcelona with the robbery of the year and think year after year how much UEFA helped top teams climb to lesser.

Besiktas got robbed this year.
Real had a offside goal in the final? I dont remember sorry IF I am wrong.
Olympiakos robbed at Old Trafford. 1st pen disgrace and dive from RVP, FK foul should never happen ManU fouled another player before they got fouled
Chelsea 2009 vs Barca
Arsenal's red card on RVP for not hearing a whistle.
Olympiakos robbed at Malmo.
Olympiakos robbed at BVB stadium no CLEAR penalty, then BvB concedes the most funny 2 goals in the last 10 mins and the French team of course goes in the phase of 16 just to bend over without trying in those 2 games.
Morata offside goal vs Bayern that was cancelled and costed the game ticket to next phase.
The Dani Alves dive against Pepe that costed them the game.
Liverpool vs Sevilla

I am seriously feeling like I watch WWE instead of real sport. There is no excuse when we live in this age that all wrong calls can be avoided.

Those are the first ones that came to mind feel free to add any injustice you remember in UCL.

How long will it be untill we let disugsting c.u.n.t.s. like this guy destroy one of our favorite times of our lifes? UCL is a joy to me if the other team plays better like PSG did last year against us, I wont even whine and wish them even good luck but I cant watch anymore top teams robbing small ones or other top teams.
https://img.haberler.com/haber/576/ingiltere-turkiye-macini-deniz-aytekin-yonetecek-8431576_x_9224_o.jpg

Personal opinion: The next injustice I see I am only gonna watch league runs since 1 fixed match won't completely ruin their campaign.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So many years I have been watching the game we love beeing manipulated by few men on the pitch that are not even playing. Take out the game PSG-Barcelona with the robbery of the year and think year after year how much UEFA helped top teams climb to lesser.

Olympiakos robbed at Old Trafford. 1st pen disgrace and dive from RVP, FK foul should never happen ManU fouled another player.
Chelsea 2009 vs Barca
Olympiakos robbed at BVB stadium no CLEAR penalty, then BvB concedes the most funny 2 goals in the last 10 mins and the French team of course goes in the phase of 16 just to bend over without trying in those 2 games.
Morata offside goal vs Bayern that was cancelled and costed the game ticket to next phase.
Liverpool vs Sevilla

I am seriously feeling like I watch WWE instead of real sport. There is no excuse when we live in this age that all wrong calls can be avoided.

Those are the first ones that came to mind feel free to add any injustice you remember in UCL.

How long will it be untill we let disugsting c.u.n.t.s. like this guy destroy one of our favorite times of our lifes? UCL is a joy to me if the other team plays better like PSG did last year against us, I wont even whine and wish them even good luck but I cant watch anymore top teams robbing small ones or other top teams.
https://img.haberler.com/haber/576/ingiltere-turkiye-macini-deniz-aytekin-yonetecek-8431576_x_9224_o.jpg

Olympiakos robbed at Old Trafford. 1st pen disgrace and dive from RVP, FK foul should never happen ManU fouled another player before they got fouled
Chelsea 2009 vs Barca
Liverpool vs Sevilla

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

That red card vs Barcelona was pure robbery. You also forgot that person who thought it was funny to give Laurent a red card.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

You can also add Dortmund vs Malaga, Dortmund needed 2 goals, scored in 91 and offside goal in 93, then Malaga went out of the competition. However the team with bigger name always have some kind of an advantage. But the referees decisions in last years became too much for probably anyone, it's not just Champions League, you look at disallowed goals in La Liga, you see total bs refereeing in EPL, this is everywhere..

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

If I remember correct Malaga scored also 1 offside goal in this match quikzyyy.

UCL is way too big competition to be fixed like that. In league games I see this everywhere but seriously UCL should have 0 ref mistakes with the technology nowadays. It is supposed to show the best team in Europe, not the most favorited by UEFA team this year.

Also I forgot Kos red card vs Bayern what a disgrace that was too, I am not calling Arsenal would score 5 and concede 0 but such mistake led to a humiliation and protest vs Wenger in the game after Lincoln.

Oh and comedy gold video.

• History

UCL is way too big competition to be fixed like that. In league games I see this everywhere but seriously UCL should have 0 ref mistakes with the technology nowadays. It is supposed to show the best team in Europe, not the most favorited by UEFA team this year.

Also I forgot Kos red card vs Bayern what a disgrace that was too, I am not calling Arsenal would score 5 and concede 0 but such mistake led to a humiliation and protest vs Wenger in the game after Lincoln.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

FIFA and UEFA have alot of corruption but some big teams have so much money that they don't even care about those things because they are too big to fail, like Bayern Munich.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Golazo, Bayern is also very corrupt. Their current president was arrested and imprisoned for three years and he just got reelected.

When teams generate 100s of millions a year there will always be shady things going on in the background. Even third divisions aren't exempt. There was a rigged betting scandal in I think the third division of Spain were a team was purposely causing corners because there had been millions of euros magically bet on corner kicks. I think fifa uefa and all others are extremely corrupt and have agendas as to which team should be favored based on advertising and revenue.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If we go back in history, all of the major sporting events and even the old club structure became mired down in corruption amidst widespread cheating and gambling. The first real successful attempt to make sure that sport was legitimized was conducted by William Hulbert (better known as the czar of baseball) who turned the National Association into the National League (still one of the MLB's two baseball leagues today).

The league structure was characterized by many different regulations (many of which still hold true), but for the purposes of this discussion, the important ones are:
Revenue Sharing (all gate revenue was shared with visiting team)
Prohibition of gambling to protect integrity
Teams had to work as a business within business law (basically to prevent them going out of business)

The other thing that this required was a very strong administrative law. This was tested in 1921 during the black sox scandal and ever since then it has been the way of the world in North American sports.

What I take from this is that sport needs to have two main qualities: real competition, and belief from the majority of fans that the administration in place is trustworthy enough to ensure that said competition exists. European soccer is a slippery slope here, because if that first pillar falls, if you no longer believe that real competition exists, then you are basically guaranteed to doubt the trustworthiness of FIFA and UEFA, who are obviously mired in corruption.

Aside from basically firing everyone and getting new refs, there are only a few ways to really change anything, most of which would be incredibly unpopular, such as the prohibition of gambling. I personally favor video replay as the easiest change that would produce the most good, but the pushback to that on this forum is high, let alone in the wider soccer world. Goal-line technology was shoved in among kicking and screaming fans, and I'm unsure of how they'll react to newer technologies.

Whatever.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It's always been corrupt, we can't do anything about it. But still, we love the thrill and excitement of seeing our club win.

I think we need to distinguish between referee/linesman errors that are really hard to call vs. legitimately questionable calls.

For example, legitimately questionable calls would be RvP's red card or Chelsea-Barcelona semi-final in 2009.

Genuine referee errors would be Griezmann off-side goal vs. Bayern and Ramos' off-side goal vs. Atletico. Those are marginal and really hard to call... which is why I always support the use of technology in these big games... but I don't see those as intentional rigging (Bayern were dominating the entire game / Atletico later got a penalty).

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

you are naming isolated incidents (spanning over many UCL years...obviously there will be mistakes).....what about the hundreds of other incredible games....borrussia vs benfica....that game was excellent. Barca has been dominant in recent UCL history, that's it, end of story. you can't take the success they had away from them. when xavi and iniesta dominated midfield they were incredible. surely barca isn't stronger than bayern this year, so i don't expect them to win.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

FIFA fixes events and other things too, it's not just about games. They pay off votes for World Cup hosting countries and make deals outside of football with big organisations. There are evidences for that before the World Cup in South Africa and Brazil and there is even controversy regarding Russia's World Cup hosting.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

uefa and fifa are both corrupt, driven by money. the advertisements and profit gained by CL would be rubbish if barca did not reach farther in the CL. barca is arguably one of the most advertisable teams in the world.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Yeah 6 penalties are mistakes.

or 2 goals at 10 minutes out of sudden

or 80+ min disgusting penalty calls

or the most BLATANT handball for a penalty is ignored.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

They are both corrupted, I hate that.

There are many things going wrong and unexplainable. From incident, penalty, red card or even schedule. May be it's just human mistakes, may be it's rigged. We just can not do anything about it.

If it is purely come down to human mistake I can live with that, but if it is match fixing, favourism... I want to see these jerks jailed.

Having said that, there are also many beautiful games, many many, joyful and tearful moments.

It is what makes football the best sport today.

My side question though, which game are you referring to:

Yeah 6 penalties are mistakes. or 2 goals at 10 minutes out of sudden or 80+ min disgusting penalty calls or the most BLATANT handball for a penalty is ignored.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

No point watching...

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Today we have witness about stupid ref performance that ruined a beautiful game.

Probably just human mistake. Its sad

if tomorrow the ref ruin it again like PSG game, I will fucking kill him

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I seriously don't remember referees being THAT BAD like past years..

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Referee and linesman fu.cked it today. I can see why he failed to call Ronaldo off-side because there was a Madrid player blocking his view. But still, the Vidal sending off was pretty bullsh.it when compared to the two Casemiro calls.

• History

Referee and linesman fcked it today. I can see why he failed to call Ronaldo off-side because there was a Madrid player blocking his view. But still, the Vidal sending off was pretty bullsht when compared to the two Casemiro calls.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

i haven't seen a decent game this year where the ref wasn't the center of attention both in premier league and ucl.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Chelsea8

You can count La Liga in that list, mate.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

i know this might be an unpopular opinion....but the way things have been rolling for barca and real madrid seem fishy. although real madrid were a better team than bayern, the ref made 2 huge errors that benefitted madrid (the vidal red and the cristiano goal that was offside).

@chelsea8 there have been decent games with great refs. the juventus barca game had an excellent ref, so did the monaco dortmund.

I think in terms of quality and fairness, both monaco and juve deserve to win or atleast play the final. (i know i'm biased)

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@dynastian98 that's pretty sad, congratulations on the win tonoght!