Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Wayne Rooney a legend?
MrGoooool 7 years ago
Liverpool, Mexico 27 580

Before u attack me with your hate comments, let me clarify.

I know I am a Liverpool fan and you would think the intention for this forum is to hate on Wayne Rooney. Well that isn't the point, the reason for this forum is to ask u Man u fans, is Wayne Rooney a legend? Not only Man U fans but to other fans from different teams, The reason why I ask this is because some Man U fans say he isn't while others say he is. My opinion is irrelevant since I am the one making the forum. Let me list some reasons he is and isn't a legend

reasons why:

• Won a lot of trophies
  • Became Man U's top goal scorer of all times
  • Had memorable moments, brings nostalgia to the fans.
  • English lol
  • Lasted 13 years with Man U

Reasons why not

• Took the piss out of the club by requesting two transfer request, in which one of them, Wayne Rooney wanted to go to Man City. This makes Wayne Rooney look like he was only in Man U for the money.
  • You can say he was carried by his teammates but I am not sure because I didn't see him during his prime.
  • Unloved at the end of his Man U career.

Well there is some more reasons why or why not he is a legend. I want to hear ur opinion about Wayne Rooney, Is he or is he not a legend?
I can see Steven Gerrard jokes coming soon. You know who you are.

Comments
ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

I feel he's a legend. He may not be a fan favorite, but neither were Giggs and Scholes. As a matter of fact, people didn't appreciate Scholes till his twilight years. A lot of folks these days think goal scoring is the only quality that should be measured. But watching Rooney play over the years, I can not help but feel pity for the guy as he was always forced to play second fiddle. The year he was the main main, he got injured, and with the contract dispute, I don't think Fergie relied on him anymore. But looking at his contributions to the team, and his selflessness I will say he's always a Legend in my eyes. I think we made a mistake letting him go. Watch him do well at Everton.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I'm very suprised to hear that people didn't like Giggs and Scholes, very suprised. I thought United fans were actually great.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Golazo: I didn't say fans didn't like them...just said they were not the favorites. In other words, they were under appreciated for most of their careers.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Giggs maybe...Scholes I remember getting a significant amount of love.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@ashwin1729 Sorry I misunderstood it then, I thought Giggs and Scholes were favorites I know Giggs had a few songs and chants.

TheGame 7 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Absolutely. He is United's all time goal scorer, outscoring both Law and Charlton. One of the most decorated British players in this century. There shouldn't even be a doubt. Dyn is spot on. Immediately following the departure of Ronaldo, Rooney was the main man until the arrival of RVP.