Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ivanka Trump mistook a picture of Lazio legend for a Saint
alferroa 7 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

enter image description here

Daughter of US President Donald Trump visited Rome yesterday and went to the “Le cave di Saint’Ignazio” restaurant with his husband Jared Kushner, and mistook a picture of Lazio's legendary striker Giorgio Chinaglia for a Saint.

As reported in the to the Huffington Post Italia, after “Seeing various images on the wall, including Padre Pio and religious texts, she also spotted a man in a blue and white shirt with arms outstretched, looking up to the heavens in supplication. ‘Which Saint is that?’ asked Ivanka. It turned out to be Lazio hero Chinaglia, who is certainly an icon in Rome, but not quite given the status of Saint.”

The restaurant owner Luigina Pantalone, “We explained to her that it was not a Saint, but a great champion of Lazio,”

enter image description here

As written in Goal.com, “Chinaglia actually has a strong connection with the United States as well, having finished out his career with the New York Cosmos of the North American Soccer League, appearing in 213 games with the club and scoring 193 times. He was the league’s MVP in 1981 and won four titles with the Cosmos in his time there. Chinaglia also became an American citizen in 1979 and passed away in the USA in 2002 at age 65 in Naples, Florida.”

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

I can understand the mistake though, he does look a bit saintly in that pic. :D

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

That's Donald Trump's off-spring. You can't expect them to know anything about culture - much less Italian culture.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Well, the fact she is an Americain woman in itself also make it very propable she doesn't know anything about football, so to be fair, even if she wasn't Trump's off-spring as you said it, she propably still wouldn't have a chance of knowing who that is. :P

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I ll spend my night forgiving her her mistakes 😍

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tiki What are you saying tiki? :U

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

You're so innocent @Emo :-)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@JuanMata I try at least. :P