Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jorge Sampaoli leaves Sevilla to join the national team of Argentina
Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primera-division/story/3137613/jorge-sampaoli-named-argentina-manager

Deal seems to be till 2022.
He is still too young to take that position as he could benefit more being in club football but he made a statement that he will build a team with Messi so it seems that AFA is very willing to achieve something with their current generation of players.

If the AFA let him do his job I think that he can make a great team.
I don't know if his mentality will fit with the players but his vision of making a team with the focus on Messi and Dybala is the right way to go and his direct approach of saying that should have a positive effect.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.
Comments
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

this will be super interesting. he said there are 100 players under observation. finally some variation in a team that needs it.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Could potentially be very good news for Argentina. Sampaoli encourages free-flowing football, and his mistake with Sevilla this season (not rotating enough to prevent exhaustion near the end of the season) won't be a problem in month-long tournaments with Argentina.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I think this was all of Argentinas #1 choice. I'm really glad he became our coach but not too please how it was handled especially the disrespect Sevilla faced from Sampaoli and AFA. I really hope he can bring out the best of our current amazing generation and hopefully guide us to silverware like he did with Chile.
Dying to see Icardi as our main striker with messi and dyballa.