Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Journalist and the press
rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Nowadays the media is in full control of a player's life and they literally have their eyes on them anywhere at anytime. Fair enough now especially how the world basically revolves around social media. However when it comes to Post-match conference or what like, its a bit rude when the press asks world class players about other players and their lives rather than the respective player.

You will see journalist ask PSG stars like Draxler, Thiago Silva or Rabbiot about Neymar and Mbappe and their situation. I know these transfer are the shock of the year but the players also have lives. Why don't they ask each player about their own performance and their team, thats it. No need to ask about whats up with the that guy or whatever These players trained hard for where they reached so far and it is atrocious not to give them credit where its due.

Same goes for Messi and Ronaldo. Literally every player is asked about those two and who would they prefer. Anyone can be a journalist if silly questions are being asked. They should either asked the player they want to know about or ask the coach, no need to ask their teammates cause their job is to play football and not be another guys cheerleader or agent.

I'm not going on a rant but I just think its crossing the line at this point, and I want to know what do you guys think.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@rayrex I agree, its pretty annoying, the problem is, everyone want to know more but there is so many different journalist so in the end, its looking like they not giving the player any break and are repeating the same question when they all just trying to get a bit more exlclusive info. Not saying it make it right but for me, the true problem is how popular certain player and team are. They end up becoming target for journalist who need to get info about them to stay revelant... Its a shame and I hope that player like Neymar, M'bappe, Messi and Ronaldo manage to get a break from time to time.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

That's because journalists are trying to get an answer that makes headlines so they can get more visits to their sites or sell their crappy newspapers. It sucks a lot so I agree with you. This is why forums like this where you can discuss football while staying away (for the most part!) from controversy fabricated by the media is always nice. Just yesterday, I was watching Zidane's pre-match press conference there were like 1 or 2 questions about the freakin' game! The rest were just stupid questions about what Ramos and Cristiano had said in recent interviews. Two big names so journalists feel the need to ask everyone who has the slightest connection to them about what's going on when they should be asking the players themselves. Same thing goes for the players you mentioned: Mbappe, Neymar, etc. The press knows they are attention-grabbing names so they just feel the need to ask about them all the time.

With all that said, I think that journalists are pressured to ask these questions and to do their best to instigate controversy by their bosses. But it still doesn't change or fully justify what these journalists do.

@Emo they get some really really nice breaks in their private yachts with their trophy wives/gfs :p

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Its all about the clicks

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

^^^^ this. +1

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

^^^^