Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Julian Draxler appreciation thread
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Julian Draxler is having an amazing run of form at PSG, i always new this kid had some skills. Highly anticipating the
PSG - Barca game and to see how he plays.

Julian Draxler
Paris Saint Germain
Attacking Midfielder (Centre, Left, Right)
23 years old

Strengths:
Dribbling - best strength
Crossing
Passing
Holding on to the ball
finishing

Weaknesses
Defensive contribution
Tackling

Julian Draxler's Style of Play
Likes to dribble
Likes to play long balls
Does not dive into tackles

Vs stade rennes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAZa540jWCI
2 goals and 2nd assist

amazing goal at the end of match- but game was 7-0 so not the hardest

Has anyone been equally impressed by his Form lately? anyone not impressed? share your thoughts

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I just saw one of this game this season, that I actually paid attention to. The rest mostly through highlight and indeed, quite an amazing form.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Good for him, he was shite at Wolfsburg for the last bit he spent there.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Against Monaco I felt he could have done more, but from highlights he's been pretty good. Still I like to judge from full matches, as it gives more of a reflection.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i feel bad for di maria, i don't know what is happening with him. But man i watched draxler on the left wing where di maria usually plays, and man this guy is really good. Honestly impressive, i hope his form continues. The only way i can describe his style is "precise, smooth," it's like he's gliding on the pitch...weird but yea

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

i feel bad for di maria, id on't know what is happening with him. But man i watched draxler on the left wing where di maria usually plays, and man this guy is really good. Honestly impressive, i hope his form coninues. The only way i can describe his still is "precise, smooth," it's like he's gliding on the pitch...weird but yea

i feel bad for di maria, i don't know what is happening with him. But man i watched draxler on the left wing where di maria usually plays, and man this guy is really good. Honestly impressive, i hope his form continues. The only way i can describe his still is "precise, smooth," it's like he's gliding on the pitch...weird but yea

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash He didn't wanted to stay there, he needed to move to have motivation. Still, he was lucky to get recruited by psg when he had such a bad first half at Wolfburg.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

@amir_keal - i know what you mean about watching full matches, that is why these vids are not highlights they are every one of his touches that game, you get to see his possession and distribution, and your right the game against monacco he did not do as well, however to expect him to be on the scoresheet every game is a lot. I am excited to see how he plays against barca, he is no stranger to the UCl - 35 apps- 8 goals

@ gonzi - in possession he has such incredible ball control, he keeps the ball so close to his feet that he reacts to oncoming players so quickly and fluidly, and his distribution is so accurate but also moves the game down the pitch , even his back passing doesn't slow down the game that much, hes great to watch, picking between him and di maria is a nice problem to have

@ Sunflash ye he didnnt have a great run at wolfsburg , but at schalke he was great. There was a lot of pressure on him to succeed and i think he just needed a better team to play with

@ Emobot7 - i know your not the biggest fan of Draxler :P , i think any team would be crazy not to buy him, 23, and can play in almost any attacking position

• History

@amir_keal - i know what you mean about watching full matches, that is why these vids are not highlights they are every one of his touches that game, you get to see his possession and distribution, and your right the game against monacco he did not do as well, however to expect him to be on the scoresheet every game is a lot. I am excited to see how he plays against barca, he is no stranger to the UCl - 35 apps- 8 goals

@ gonzi - in possession he has such incredible ball control, he keeps the ball so close to his feet that he reacts to oncoming players so quickly and fluidly, and his distribution is so accurate but also moves the game down the pitch , even his back passing doesn't slow down the game that much, hes great to watch, picking between him and di maria is a nice problem to have

@ Sunflash ye he didnnt have a great run at wolfsburg , but at schalke he was great. There was a lot of pressure on him to succeed and i think he just needed a better team to play

@ Emobot7 - i know your not the biggest fan of Draxler :P , i think any team would be crazy not to buy him, 23, and can play in almost any attacking position

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Yeah, I also can't wait for Champions League. and expecting someone to score every match is outrageous. Barcelona is a big team but I am curious to see what he does.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Golefty I'm not? :S All I said was that he wasn't very good this season at Wolfburg. At PSG however, he is much better and I would never argue he isn't a very talented player, I just meant he was lucky the team didn't give up on him because of his form in his first half at Wolfburg this season. Maybe I'm not his greatest fan but I still kind of like him. :)

• History

@Golefty I'm not? :S All I said was that he wasn't any better this season at Wolfburg. At PSG however, he is much better and I would never argue he isn't a very talented player. Maybe I'm not his greatest fan but I still kind of like him. :)

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Emobot7 - your right , his time at wolfsburg was not the best, but hes is definitely one to keep an eye on, Hope he comes to Epl someday

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Ill just leave this here

this guys been on fire since joining psg!!!!

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

This is a guy who broke into Schalke's line-up when he was 17 years old. It's not surprising that he's quickly developing into one of the finest German players on the planet now. I guess this is the benefit of playing alongside world-class team-mates.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Emery has been rotating Draxler and Di maria as starting LW leading up to this game, i noticed that both players performances dramatically increased, possibly this was enhanced by their desire to play better than the other to earn a starting spot.
The result was stellar performances (goals and assists) from both.

Then what does Emery do, plays them both as starters against PSG.

two goals for di maria and one for draxler....

Do you guys think this was Emery's intention?

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Golefty internal competition is one of the best ways to get the quality performances out of players. Instead of being gifted a spot week in week out they have to fight and show they deserve it. Aside from that Di Maria was a great player at Madrid and hes starting to show that again, Draxler will learn a lot from him in that regards.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@golefty Yes, and its working, both player weren't as good when they had no competition for the spot, beside, whats even better is that rotating the two mean they will be alway be in top shape when they do play and be fully rested. Depth is the key to success in my opinion.

• History

@golefty Yes, and its working, both player weren't as good when they had no competition for the spot, beside, whats even better is that rotating the two mean they will be alway be in top stamina when they play.

@golefty Yes, and its working, both player weren't as good when they had no competition for the spot, beside, whats even better is that rotating the two mean they will be alway be in top shape when they play.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i don't think he did it intentionally but it worked out amazingly. I think draxler was being played at psg so he could adapt to the team. That left di maria wanting his spot back......and the rest is history (ie. the destruction of barcelona)

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Gonzi good points, great to see di maria back at it, one of my fav players , and those kicks, people say he was a flop at MU but when he was good there he was great
@emo - emery is not a dumb as people say :P what a signing draxler was

@Raimondo90 agreed, - Di maria did have some moments of brilliance in earlier parts of his season at MU - i think van gaal fucked up everything