Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Juventus - Barca (CL17) Pre and Post talk
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

So exciting.

A team arguably has the best defense, on form with the best goalie vs a team who just made one of the greatest comeback of all time (with controversy so relax guys), with a few best attackers on the Planet (but shaky defend).

I think:

• It's gonna be so intense
  • Barca should REALLY learn from their mistakes in the first round against PSG & last week shameful defeat. With Busquet (a super off-form player) suspended, it might be good for them. But Sergio Roberto, I dont know I just dont feel like he's playing right, terrible everytime I watch Barca. Masc will be in the mid, dont know if he still has it there... And certainly Messi will drop VERY DEEP to create chances.
  • Juventus system is made to kill such team like Barca, UNLESS Barca has a plan.
  • Both teams are tricky enough to make the referee's job becomes extremely hard
  • Cant' wait to see Messi and Neymar perform against a solid, on form Italian defense.

Juve 2 - 1 Barca

What do you guys think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So exciting.

A team arguably has the best defense, on form with the best goalie vs a team who just made one of the greatest comeback of all time (with controversy so relax guys), with a few best attackers on the Planet (but shaky defend).

I think:

• Barca should have learned from their mistakes in the first round against PSG & last week shameful defeat. With Busquet (a super off-form player) suspended, it might be good for them. But Sergio Roberto, I dont know I just dont feel like he's playing right, terrible everytime I watch Barca. Masc will be in the mid, dont know if he still has it there... And certainly Messi will drop VERY DEEP to create chances.
  • Juventus system is made to kill such team like Barca, UNLESS Barca has a plan.
  • Cant' wait to see Messi and Neymar perform against a solid, on form Italian defense.

Juve 2 - 1 Barca

What do you guys think?

So exciting.

I think:

• Barca should REALLY learn from their mistakes in the first round against PSG & last week shameful defeat. With Busquet (a super off-form player) suspended, it might be good for them. But Sergio Roberto, I dont know I just dont feel like he's playing right, terrible everytime I watch Barca. Masc will be in the mid, dont know if he still has it there... And certainly Messi will drop VERY DEEP to create chances.

Juve 2 - 1 Barca

What do you guys think?

Comments
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

dynastian, also note where dybala plays. he needs to play centrally. he needs freedom to roam around the pitch.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

EDIT: made new thread sorry for being off topic

• History

SO i know this is off topic from the thread but it has been disussed her a bit, but damn that was some big "firework" Marcus/Chelsea8

obviously i hope it was not more insidious ,
enter image description here

SO i know this is off topic from the thread but it has been discussed here a bit, but damn that was some big "firework" Marcus/Chelsea8

obviously i hope it was not more insidious ,
enter image description here

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lol you need to start watching hazard play then, hazard does more but just doesnt score, he likes to create and dribble similar to zidane.

• History

Lol^ you need to start watching hazard play then, hazard does more but just doesnt score, he likes to create and dribble similar to zidane.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

@Emobot: whatttt????? barca was too busy begging for yellow and pen???? What are you talking about mate???? They didnt. They just met a tactical superior team and have the best home record this year. Despite facing the most well organized team, they created some fair chances and if they had been clinical enough, the game could have been very different.

Their defend sucks big time, thats nothing new. They should have had a clear pen, but I didnt see the whole team surrounded the ref, they complain a bit which was fair. Madzukick and Sergi Roberto were both crying on fouls, so that was not only Barca. The ref made some terrible mistakes, against both teams (Juve's wrongly offside goal)

Dybala's goals were super and thats why they won.

• History

@Emobot: whatttt????? barca was too busy begging for yellow and pen???? What are you talking about mate???? They didnt. They just met a tactical superior team and have the best he record this year. Despite facing the most well organize team, they created some fair chances and if they had been clinical enough, the game could have been very different.

Their defend sucks big time, thats nothing new. They should have had a clear pen, but I didnt see the whole team surrounded the ref, they complain a bit which was fair. Madzukick and Sergi Roberto were both crying on fouls, so that was not only Barca.

@Emobot: whatttt????? barca was too busy begging for yellow and pen???? What are you talking about mate???? They didnt. They just met a tactical superior team and have the best home record this year. Despite facing the most well organized team, they created some fair chances and if they had been clinical enough, the game could have been very different.

Their defend sucks big time, thats nothing new. They should have had a clear pen, but I didnt see the whole team surrounded the ref, they complain a bit which was fair. Madzukick and Sergi Roberto were both crying on fouls, so that was not only Barca.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I agree with tuan, the barca players didn't moan and played fairly. It was a good game.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@Dynastian: Dybala's today performance was absolutely sublime. But saying you have never witnessed in your life Hazard pulled off something like that is uhmn... you really have to watch Hazard play more.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Actually the only strange thing I noticed was Mandzukic getting a yellow card for nothing after getting cut down with both feet and after 10 minutes he rushed with a high foot to the ball and to me it looked like he did commit a foul but the ref let the game going on.
So the only strange thing I saw was Mandzukic somehow getting a yellow card and got lucky for not getting another one.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I watch Chelsea games fairly moderately. When has Hazard taken over a game in this manner? Ever? A game with the intensity of a Champions League quarter-final against Barcelona? Never, not once.

And here we are saying Hazard plays similarly to Zidane.... lol.

• History

I watch Chelsea games fairly moderately. When has Hazard taken over a game in this manner? Ever? A game with the intensity of a Champions League quarter-final against Barcelona? Never, not once.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Tuan Where is sunflash when you need him, he was the first guy to agree with me Barca was looking for yellow in that game. :( Anyway, dunno if you saw first half Tuan, but they were really poor in that one. The only good thing Barca did on that half was the pass from messi to iniesta and Buffon saved it. After that, in the second half Barca looked much better but by then it was too late. Messi and Neymar were great at usual however.

@Dynast Have to agree with the rest, Dybala was very good mate, but Hazard, he already have had games as good as this one. ;)

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Lol if there really is a match with the same level of quality and intensity as Juventus-Barcelona and Hazard has completely taken over the game, feel free to post the video here so I can change my opinion.

• History

Lol if there really is a match with the same level of quality as Juventus-Barcelona and Hazard has completely taken over the game, feel free to post the video here so I can change my opinion.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Did you feel like a particular player took over this game? Because even with Dybala scoring twice it was the team that enabled him to score.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Gotze scored in the world cup final and won the world cup, so by dynastians logic that means that gotze is better than messi and ronaldo.

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Lol if there really is a match with the same level of quality and intensity as Juventus-Barcelona and Hazard has completely taken over the game, feel free to post the video here so I can change my opinion.

I'd stand by that assessment.

Gotze scored in the world cup final and won the world cup, so by dynastians logic that means that gotze is better than messi and ronaldo.

Scoring a goal does not equate to "taking over a game." Gotze was on the pitch for five minutes and scored with practically his first touch. Eder was on the pitch for 10 minutes and won Euro 2012 with his only touch of the game. But it was players like Pepe that "took over" that game.

Sorry for being so technical.

I get what you're saying though. Hazard is a very good player who a lot of the time plays very well. But when his team needs something, club or national, Hazard isn't there for them in those big games. Neymar for Barca vs PSG. Ronaldo for Real vs Wolfsburg. Those performances. I'm hard pressed to find anytime where Hazard has done the same. In fact, I could point to several notable times in the CL in particular when Chelsea did need someone to step up an no one did, which resulted in their elimination.

• History

I'd stand by that assessment.

Scoring a goal does not equate to "taking over a game." Gotze was on the pitch for five minutes and scored with practically his first touch. Eder was on the pitch for 10 minutes are won Euro 2012 with his only touch of the game. But it was players like Pepe that "took over" that game.

Sorry for being so technical.

I get what you're saying though. Hazard is a very good player who a lot of the time plays very well. But when his team needs something, club or national, Hazard isn't there for them in those big games. Neymar for Barca vs PSG. Ronaldo for Real vs Wolfsburg. Those performances. I'm hard pressed to find anytime where Hazard has done the same. In fact, I could point to several notable times in the CL in particular when Chelsea did need someone to step up an no one did, which resulted in their elimination.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golazo I would give you my +1 if I still had some. :(

@Sunflash I think you meant Euro 2016 mate. XD Anyway mate, back me up with jinn. He saying I'm wrong about Barca player begging the ref for yellow at the beggining of the game. :P

• History

@Golazo I would give you my +1 if I still had some. :(

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I would give you my +1 if I still had some. :(

I wouldn't. 95% of the players in the world 95% of the time don't score either of those chances. Dybala's finishing was the difference. When you hear fans such as United's complaining about the multitude of chances created and the lack of them scored, it really highlights that difference.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Dybala's finishing won them the game, but he didn't take over the game he wasn't all around the place he was just clinical, the whole team played in deep and he was in the penalty area when both goals were scored, that's what a good striker is suposed to do.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Juve really deserved the win. Barca had two clear cut chances and missed them meanwhile dybala was clinical as hell. You could forgive the sideline or calling offside since the margin was minimal. Surprised no one mentions the Chiellini handball that should have been a pen and Mandzukic not getting sent off for a clear studs up challenge which either should have been straight red or his second yellow. All in all, im not surprised. Barca is off form and it showed against Malaga and it carried on to today. I think the match was won on the midfield for juve.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@ sun dybala didn't take over the game, he scored great goals but didn't take over the game.
Can dybala score a goal like hazard scored against arsenal? Probably not.
Didn't hazard win us the game against one of our most important game against city?
Don't come with city is not good enough because city won vs barca 3-1 and hazard scored 3 goals against them this season.

Hazard is our most consistent big game player and everyone who watches him play would agree with me, it isn't always about goals.
He also has the most man of the match awards in the prem this season.
He just turned 26 and has multiple player of the year awards and is about to win the second premier league title and both times being chelseas most important player.

• History

@ sun dybala didn't take over the game, he scored great goals but didn't take over the game.
Can dybala score a goal like hazard scored against arsenal? Probably not.
Didn't hazard win us the game against one of our most important game against city.
Don't come with city is not good enough because city won vs barca 3-1 and hazard scored 3 goals against them this season.

Hazard is our most consistent big game player and everyone who watches him play would agree with me, it isn't always about goals.
He also has the most man of the match awards in the prem this season.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

But i agree that hazard for belgium is nowhere near as good as he is at chelsea.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash And you didn't back me up after all. :( You badger.