Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Juventus - Barca (CL17) Pre and Post talk
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

So exciting.

A team arguably has the best defense, on form with the best goalie vs a team who just made one of the greatest comeback of all time (with controversy so relax guys), with a few best attackers on the Planet (but shaky defend).

I think:

• It's gonna be so intense
  • Barca should REALLY learn from their mistakes in the first round against PSG & last week shameful defeat. With Busquet (a super off-form player) suspended, it might be good for them. But Sergio Roberto, I dont know I just dont feel like he's playing right, terrible everytime I watch Barca. Masc will be in the mid, dont know if he still has it there... And certainly Messi will drop VERY DEEP to create chances.
  • Juventus system is made to kill such team like Barca, UNLESS Barca has a plan.
  • Both teams are tricky enough to make the referee's job becomes extremely hard
  • Cant' wait to see Messi and Neymar perform against a solid, on form Italian defense.

Juve 2 - 1 Barca

What do you guys think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So exciting.

A team arguably has the best defense, on form with the best goalie vs a team who just made one of the greatest comeback of all time (with controversy so relax guys), with a few best attackers on the Planet (but shaky defend).

I think:

• Barca should have learned from their mistakes in the first round against PSG & last week shameful defeat. With Busquet (a super off-form player) suspended, it might be good for them. But Sergio Roberto, I dont know I just dont feel like he's playing right, terrible everytime I watch Barca. Masc will be in the mid, dont know if he still has it there... And certainly Messi will drop VERY DEEP to create chances.
  • Juventus system is made to kill such team like Barca, UNLESS Barca has a plan.
  • Cant' wait to see Messi and Neymar perform against a solid, on form Italian defense.

Juve 2 - 1 Barca

What do you guys think?

So exciting.

I think:

• Barca should REALLY learn from their mistakes in the first round against PSG & last week shameful defeat. With Busquet (a super off-form player) suspended, it might be good for them. But Sergio Roberto, I dont know I just dont feel like he's playing right, terrible everytime I watch Barca. Masc will be in the mid, dont know if he still has it there... And certainly Messi will drop VERY DEEP to create chances.

Juve 2 - 1 Barca

What do you guys think?

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Mandzukic played the same way as he always had at Bayern... hound the defense into giving up possession. My perception of dirty has changed after seeing Mourinho's Madrid and Simeone's Atletico LOL. I thought Juventus were just as physical as they needed to be in order to frustrate Barcelona.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Im not expecting you to get disgraced by the amount of tactical fouls or the ref issues, i know how it works when Barça get calls against them. Im not seeing Juve team effort as dirty, i used the word smart and experineced, i just blamed ref for letting some key Juve players make sall fouls anytime needed, in first half, there was a juve foul each 2 min, and they dived wich disgusted anyone, ( me included im not playing the hypcrit card )
Im just pointing and anticipating you reactions in second leg, for the same things happening opposite way, just to show how you give special treatment depending on the team you love or hate.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Not a good game so far... very exciting first 30 min... but Juve played deep and super solid

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Yep they deserved to go through, ref seemed on a mission : not to be blamed post game for favoring home team, he succeeded on that mission... but it didn't change the outcome of 2 legs, Juve were superior played collectively and pressed when needed, parked the bus when needed. Congrats to them.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

Congratz to Juve.

I dont agree the ref had a mission, he was just way more cautious with giving Barca free kick, sometimes its harsh... But thats the way it is. Some Barca's players fall a bit too quick sometimes, and the refs seem to keep that in mind in this game.

The game today had almost nothing to say. Juve was packed, top defending, parked the bus well, some good counters but not great.

Messi was terrible, not clinical enough while Suarez was no where to be seen. And when Messi is terrible, Barca is nowhere, they need their tallis man to be on top of the game.

Just a boring game.

Juve deserves completely to go through

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Congratz to Juve.

I dont agree the ref had a mission, he was just way more cautious with giving Barca free kick, sometimes its harsh... But thats the way it is. Some Barca's players fall a bit too quick sometimes, and the refs seem to keep that in mimd in this games.

The game today had almost nothing to say. Juve was packed, top defending, parked the bus well, some good counters but not great.

Messi was terrible, not clinical enough while Suarez was no where to be seen. And when Messi is terrible, Barca is nowhere, they need their tallis man to be on top of the game.

Just a boring game.

Juve deserves completely to go through

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i agree with everything you said, except that the game was boring. because it had me at the edge of my seat the whole time.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Messi wasn't terrible, he just didn't score but he played well.
Suarez was not seen on the pitch part from yelling at the ref, now that's a good case of a terrible performance.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

I mean, it would be a lot nicer if two teams attack more often, Having different momentums. The whole 2nd half 1 sided and really boring,

I understand the tactical choice though. Definitely work

Amerr30 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Congrats Juve, you deserved it.

I hope we can avoid you in the semis, and see you in the final. :)

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

No shame on Barcelona going out. Juve was better over both legs and made the difference at home. This game can be summed up in missed chances for both teams. Juve squandered so many great counters and Higuaín, well being Higuaín, couldn't do much. Neymar was trying hard to carry Barca but not a single shot seemed to want to go near the goal. There was a case for a handball from sandro but it would have had 0 impact on how this was going to pan out. Funny, I never rated Allegri yet he seems to have improved Juve.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

@Tuan Im not disgraced anyway, ref was under pressure before the game, he looked decided to whistle the minimum, its okay Since Madrid had similar situation vs Bayern, ref would do just the same to save the face... could be Atletico's year after all. Also Monaco is disgusting PSG in league and CL...
would be Funny if we have an exotic winner...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Messi didn't score a goal in his career against the great Buffon.