Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Juventus Signs Cristiano Ronaldo
quikzyyy 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Cristiano Ronaldo letter of goodbye

These years in Real Madrid, and in this city of Madrid, have been possibly the happiest of my life. I only have feelings of enormous gratitude for this club, for this hobby and for this city. I can only thank all of them for the love and affection I have received. However, I believe that the time has come to open a new stage in my life and that is why I have asked the club to accept transferring me. I feel that way and I ask everyone, and especially our followers, to please understand me. They have been absolutely wonderful for 9 years. They have been 9 unique years. It has been an exciting time for me, full of consideration but also hard because Real Madrid is of a very high demand, but I know very well that I will never forget that I have enjoyed football here in a unique way. I have had fabulous teammates in the field and in the dressing room, I have felt the warmth of an incredible crowd and together we have won 3 Champions in a row and 4 Champions in 5 years. And with them also, on an individual level, I have the satisfaction of having won 4 Gold Balls and 3 Gold Boots. All during my time in this immense and extraordinary club. Real Madrid has conquered my heart, and that of my family, and that is why more than ever I want to say thank you: thanks to the club, the President, the directors, my colleagues, all the technicians, doctors, physios and incredible workers that make everything work and that are pending every detail tirelessly. Thank you infinitely once more to our fans and thanks also to Spanish Football. During these 9 exciting years I have had great players in front of me. My respect and my recognition for all of them. I have reflected a lot and I know that the time has come for a new cycle. I'm leaving but this shirt, this shield and the Santiago Bernabéu will continue to always feel as my own wherever I am.
Thanks to all and, of course, as I said that first time in our stadium 9 years ago:
Hala Madrid!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

yd

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Yep, still can't believe its done deal but it doesn't get much more official than this. Man, what crazy transfer we've seen in recent years, Rooney to Everton, Joe Hart to Torino, Neymar to PSG, Buffon also to PSG and now CR7 to Juventus. Incredible is the only word for this transfer. Wonder what this will mean for Real Madrid and for Juventus in the future, will be very interesting to see.

ramaboy10 6 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Ronaldo is going to tear apart the Serie A. I'm calling 50 goals next season

Gennady 6 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Can't believe it! I thought it's just another summer and another rumours surrounding his transfer, but not this time. I don't think it's a bad move though, obviously he wants to win more trophies in another country and Juventus is the perfect club to do it, Serie A champions 2018/19 for sure now.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

How about that.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Gennady No doubt but what is really interesting is wether or not they'll manage to compete for the CL. Would be really incredible if they faced Real in their campaign next season. :D

Lacoste 6 years ago
Liverpool, England 32 563

No way! it happened so fast!

JaapStam 6 years ago
Manchester United, Australia 2 268

Would suck if juventus won the UCL this time with Gigi going to Paris :o

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@JaapStam I know, imagine this for unfair irony, Paris make it to the final against Juventus and Gigi lose the CL to Ronaldo. Something like that would just be heartbreaking. :(

Edit: Also, I know nobody propably really care for that but its going to ask a lot of work for FIFA (the video games) to modify the cover of Fifa 19 and all the work they did in their game with CR7 being at Real. :P

• History

@JaapStam I know, imagine this for unfair irony, Paris make it to the final against Juventus and Gigi lose it to Ronaldo. Something like that would just be heartbreaking. :(

@JaapStam I know, imagine this for unfair irony, Paris make it to the final against Juventus and Gigi lose the CL to Ronaldo. Something like that would just be heartbreaking. :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Well...

It happens...

Still can't believe it... :(

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Yeah, well, anyway, this managed to completely overshadow France vs Belgium. Talking about that, I seriously hope this news won't affect Varane performance, its a huge blow for any team mate. :(

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

okay so that's happening. i don't think he'll tear apart serie a, it will be very difficult to score in this league. much easier to score in la liga. hopefully i don't get lost in the sea of bandwaggoners...lol.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

gonna get loan and bet 1million on Juve to win the league.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago Edited

that bet won't yield any earnings for you. we are the favorites anyways...

this move also cements Juve as one of the best teams in the world...probably for eternity. eryone now needs to put down some respek

• History

this move also shows that Juve are in the top 5 best teams in the world. eryone know needs to put down some respek

this move also shows that Juve are in the top 5 best teams in the world. eryone now needs to put down some respek

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago Edited

personally the ONLY thing that could top this was if messi transferred...a guy can dream

• History

personally the ONLY thing that could top this was if messi transferred...i guy can dream

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Thats what I meant by he would be bored, Serie A is just too imbalance right now, Juv is dominating.

This is different from other leagues (except League 1), the middle teams stadiums always have lots of empty seats...

Dont get me wrong. I used love Serie A more than EPL (back at the time Nakata was there at Roma or fat Ronaldo at inter). Just not now.

But he is going to collect another league trophies which are going to be remarkable.

Btw, he might score less not because La Liga is crap, its because he is getting older, and who woulnt dream of having served by Modric, Kroos, Marcelo and Cavahaj

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

More money, new challenge, in a team that is a UCL title contender... perfectly logic destination foe CR7.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

eryone now needs to put down some respek

If you tell me what respek is, it be easier for me to put down some of it. :P

@tuan Also, the number of goal will depend on the position they chose to put him as well.

@Pelle Exactly.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

:)

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Never have i ever though i would see these headlines... I expected this too happen in another 2 years but seeing how Barca, City, PSG and even Manchester are storming in the Transfer market, its about time. We are lucky to have won the UCL cause our year was below mediocre. We need a dynamic player down the wing and a striker, Luckily Griezmann rejected barca cause hell would've gone loose.

After the WC, I'm highly keen the Hazard is the highest probability of being the new LW. PSG are going to fight for Neymar and Mbappe plus Hazard did say if Real wants him, they know what they should do. I hope we get Hazard and Icardi. I also like Thauvin, he is amazing and could give Isco a bit of competition. Hopefully this could be a blessing in disguise for us Madrid fans and I wish Ronaldo all the best in Italy and hope he bangs a couple a rockets there and we dont face Juve anytime soon.

hala Madrid!

Madridista11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Ya'll can start calling me @Juventista11 from now on...

lol all jokes aside I truly appreciate the guy for helping us all these years. He really did put up with a lot so I understand his decision.

Sadly nothing will ever last and I'm glad we got to witness him play since I was too young to enjoy Ronaldo, Zidane, and Raul. Can't wait for Madrid to start a new page with hopefully another great in the making! Hala Madrid Y Nada Mas!