Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Juventus Signs Cristiano Ronaldo
quikzyyy 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Cristiano Ronaldo letter of goodbye

These years in Real Madrid, and in this city of Madrid, have been possibly the happiest of my life. I only have feelings of enormous gratitude for this club, for this hobby and for this city. I can only thank all of them for the love and affection I have received. However, I believe that the time has come to open a new stage in my life and that is why I have asked the club to accept transferring me. I feel that way and I ask everyone, and especially our followers, to please understand me. They have been absolutely wonderful for 9 years. They have been 9 unique years. It has been an exciting time for me, full of consideration but also hard because Real Madrid is of a very high demand, but I know very well that I will never forget that I have enjoyed football here in a unique way. I have had fabulous teammates in the field and in the dressing room, I have felt the warmth of an incredible crowd and together we have won 3 Champions in a row and 4 Champions in 5 years. And with them also, on an individual level, I have the satisfaction of having won 4 Gold Balls and 3 Gold Boots. All during my time in this immense and extraordinary club. Real Madrid has conquered my heart, and that of my family, and that is why more than ever I want to say thank you: thanks to the club, the President, the directors, my colleagues, all the technicians, doctors, physios and incredible workers that make everything work and that are pending every detail tirelessly. Thank you infinitely once more to our fans and thanks also to Spanish Football. During these 9 exciting years I have had great players in front of me. My respect and my recognition for all of them. I have reflected a lot and I know that the time has come for a new cycle. I'm leaving but this shirt, this shield and the Santiago Bernabéu will continue to always feel as my own wherever I am.
Thanks to all and, of course, as I said that first time in our stadium 9 years ago:
Hala Madrid!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

yd

Comments
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

Time for Isco to STEP UP and be the carry

JaapStam 6 years ago
Manchester United, Australia 2 268

I have a question .. who is replacing Ronaldo at Madrid ?? I didn't think for a second they are going to put that money in the bank

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Not sure yet who is replacing him, but they gotta find one quick, Modric is not getting younger, Kroos might leave, Despite all the stars and potential stars they have, Ronaldo will be sorely missed.

After 9 years of insane El Clasico, I would feel weird...

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Maybe it's time for Bale to step up the plate? Hehe..

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If Perez wants a winger to replace Ronaldo, he should pursue Hazard. No need to see him waste away in Chelsea's stagnant offense. Put him in charge of a real, fluid offense at Real around Isco, Asensio, and Bale and he should flourish.

We also need a world-class striker. Harry Kane is unlikely to leave, but maybe Icardi will do? Who knows.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Hazard was the target of Real Madrid regardless of Ronaldo's departure so he alone can't replace Ronaldo and is not meant for that.

If Kane is going to stay with Spurs, the offensive players that really can step up as the new Real Madrid top scorers are either Neymar that has been talked-up by Real Madrid or Mbappe as the biggest talent but both of these options will cost way more than the money Juventus spent to buy Ronaldo.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo It will be very very hard to take M'bappe or Neymar away from PSG. The only reason they could actually sell would be if they worried about the FFP and want to buy a lots of other player. Unlikely to happen in any case. :(

JaapStam 6 years ago
Manchester United, Australia 2 268

@Emo I know this isn't news but I just read on Twitter today that it might just be Neymar. Not that this is a surprise.

This is bc I read that UEFA are going to do something about Paris SG Spending.

Not only have they bought Neymar, but they have officially signed Mbappe who was on-loan last season(temporarily getting around FFP). So Neymar 200m Euros and Mbappe roughly160m has put there gross spend at 360 million €uros. That doesn't event factor Paris wage bill.

So the money gained from Juve, + and additional transfer would recoup costs. Makes sense.

Tomson 6 years ago
Bayern Munich 0 10

I think this is big step forward not only for Juve, but for Seria A, because this tournament have obtained a world class star, and I hope that other big players will do like CriRo.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@JaapStam Thing is, I believe UEFA already reacted against PSG spending, they gave a very small penality and some menace about harsher punishement if they kept up signing player like Neymar without selling but no more, not enough to force them to sell their key player. Also, trust me, there is 2 club in this world I really would avoid doing business with and its Napoli and PSG, heck, pretty PSG are the kind of club so rich they don't mind having a player leave free of any contract rather than selling him when they have a year left only.

@Tomson True that my good man. ;)