Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Kane named England captain
DChoff 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, Italy 2 191

Harry Kane has been named as England's captain for the upcoming world cup. Some of the abuse he's getting by so called "England fans" is unbelievable. England fans do this every tournament. Slate the team and their best players before a ball has even been kicked. the same was done to Rooney and Beckham before him. I find it so strange. no wonder the team always come up short at tournaments.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Harry Kane has been named as England's captain for the upcoming world cup. Some of the abuse he's getting by so called "England fans" is unbelievable. Engalnd fans do this every tournament. Slate the team and their best players before a ball has even been kicked. the same was done to Rooney and Beckham before him. I find it so strange. no wonder the team always come up short at tournaments.

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Like it will make a difference 😂😂😂

DChoff 6 years ago

I just find it strange why fans would slate and abuse their best players. Very strange.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

This time, I think people still have Kane claiming Eriksen's goal fresh in their minds. As for why they always do this, I don't know.

DChoff 6 years ago

Honestly? If people are still wound up over that they need to get a life. He's a striker. Of coarse he's going to claim that goal. Who cares regardless? Salah won the golden boot. Time to move on.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yeah, some of the verbal abuse are ridiculous. It's shame actually.

I hope Kane can help England becaues their mid and defend looks dull :(

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@DChoff The whole claiming goal bussiness was ridiculous but that should be in the past now. I agree its a shame some people react this way. The fanbase should really get behind the player and encourage them if they actually want their team to win. Beside, who else would you rather have as captain? Cahill? Henderson? I feel like one of the reason for the hate is that some of the fan are jealous the player from their team haven't been named.

DChoff 6 years ago

Its a real shame.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@DChoff Thats english football for you, so focused on their own rivalry that the fan of the top team wish the worse to the rival team player. Don't seem to realise that in that situation if those player fail, it mean England will fail. But then again, for all we know, that negative feedback might not even be from English fan. :P

Hekasi 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 7 764

He is going to claim anything

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Hekasi Way to prove what Marcus was saying is right. :P

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Is he going to take the corners again?

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy Don't blame Kane for that, its Hodgson who chose to have him take corner in the Euro. And it was a pretty stupid mistake. :P

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy Don't blame Kane for that, its Hodgson who chose to let him take corner in the Euro. And it was a pretty stupid mistake. :P

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

lmao, forget corner kick, he is not going to try ronaldo's dipping freekick, is he?

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Lol he said that he's going to continue doing what he does as, "leading by example". No, Harry, you were chosen as Captian because you need to LEAD. Roast the deadweights whenever something goes wrong, show some anger if need be.

Personally, I'm not in favour of him being captain. He looks like another Yes Man in my eyes.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Rumors said he celebrated it as a goal and asked if it counts in golden shoe race... ;p

Well he deserves that grade, he is the best player, the most consistent and the strongest mentally. Fully deserved.

DChoff 6 years ago

Lol people here proving my point.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

@DChoff

But to be fair, it should have been Henderson, right?

DChoff 6 years ago

Im not even going to rise to that ;)