Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Kante or Conte
billywalendom 7 years ago
21 186

Which one is more important to Chelsea's title race, Kante or Conte? Maybe its more complicated than that. Just looking for opinions.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If it weren't for Conte, the players would not even have the mentality of champions.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

It doesn't seem like an appropriate question comparing a player with the manager. Considering the player might not have the possibility to shine under some other manager.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It doesn't seem like an appropriate question comparing a player with the manager. Considering the player may not have the possibility to shine under some other manager.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

At risk of being crucified here, but I don't think Kante was that big of an upgrade for Chelsea. Their 3-man backline has been far more responsible for their success this season, and the reason for that was Conte.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Conte for sure because he changed our mentality, give conte a mediocre team and he'll still manage to get results.
I wish i knew who conte was before he became our manager.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Conte for sure because he changed our mentality, give conte a mediocre team and he'll still manage to get results.
I wish who conte was before he became our manager.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Conte bought him, I think that's all I have to say about it.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

conte, not even a question

Jimbet 7 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

the alphabet C comes before K.. Conte

billywalendom 7 years ago
21 186

I also had leicester in mind when I thought of the question. I feel like they're really missing kante.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

If it weren't for Conte, the players would not even have the mentality of champions.

Yeah, because most of the squad didn't win multiple titles before Conte arrived..

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Can't compare. Kante has been absolutely superb for Chelsea (as he was for Leicester the year before). Part of why he's been so great is the 3 back-line and support from the wingbacks. And no doubt Conte has brought out the best from the players with that formation. But individually, Kante has been great too.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Both are important, but we cannot compare... a coach importance is more than any player on the pitch even as vital as Kante.
Many changes on the atitude, Costa is fit and motivated, if he does not score he goes mad chasing goals till injury time, wingers are under competition, Moses, Willian and Pedro have healthy competition and got trusted so it's seen on the pitch. Matic And Cesc same, they alternate depending on Conte tactics but they are careful and motivated.
Zouma pushing for a place putting pressure on Cbs, Azpi and Courthois do not need competition to be at their best and Hazard has the freedom and the trust to do what he does the best.
Oscar And Ramirez departure took some sad players out of the squad, they were the losers of actual situation with Terry but Terry is old and seems accepting current situation...
Only player that I feel should be given some minutes is Michy, implying a 4-4-2 diamond from time to time with him playing alongside Costa, imo could be beneficial for both as both win aerial duals or combine with players.
Kante, Pedro, Cesc, Hazard are all Tikitaka masters, fast combination with the accuracy leads to easy goals in small spaces and this give Chelsea a lead over small teams who park the bus.
Kante And Veratti are the ultimate players I would have seen at Barca for the team balance, yet Kante will gain more and more confidence and will ends up as a pitch leader with the time, but he will never be a dressing room leader due to his character but I love these kind of players : silent and efficient like Scholes or Iniesta.

Its easy to give credit to Chelsea atm, they are walking over their own league and got only themselves as possible contenders, if They keep their winning formula there is nothing they should fear.

Still think there is a progression marge, i dont find Marcos Alonso as consistent as his teammates and some players like Pedro should get more involved in build ups as the ball usually goes directly to Eden, Costa or Moses. Pedro disappeared in second half just before scoring not that he was tired or struggled but because the ball wasn't going in his direction...

But overall, Conte did the job with the players, now next year CL will be interesting to see the limits of this squad, with the actual PL strength of the moment we don't see any...

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

both pronounced same in french...

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I prefer cunty

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

but he will never be a dressing room leader due to his character but I love these kind of players : silent and efficient like Scholes or Iniesta.

He will be the next Claude Makelele!

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

chelsea have three c*nts:
kante, conte, costa!