Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Kante wins PFA Player of the Year Award - Thoughts
legends16 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

Okay, so maybe I wanted Hazard to get this award but Kante thoroughly, thoroughly deserves this. He has such an incredible work-rate that is so easily overlooked. You sometimes just forget how many crucial interceptions he makes. It is basically his hard work that allows the whole team to play so effectively. Finally he gets the overdue recognition he deserves.
Well done mate, you deserve this one.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Okay, so maybe I wanted Hazard to get this award but Kante thoroughly, thoroughly deserves this award. He has such an incredible work-rate that is so easily overlooked. You sometimes just forget how many crucial interceptions he makes. It is basically his hard work that allows the whole team to play so effectively. Finally he gets the overdue recognition he deserves.
Well done mate, you deserve this one.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Kante was my pick for the award as well.

I feel bad for Alexis. If he had been playing on a team as good as Chelsea or Spurs, he would have had a solid shot at winning the award.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Glad a non attacking player got some recognition for their contribution

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ehh I didn't realize this was the PFA award. Barclays Player of the Season award is the one I'm looking forward to. Hope Kante wins that one as well.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

He is like a new Makelele, Leicester City really let him go too easy.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@dynastian there is no barclays player of the year anymore.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I'm assuming because they're not partnered with the PL anymore?

kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

@Gonlazo111 True, I'm really surprised how Chelsea got him for how much? around 30M? I'm also really surprised by the fact that there were no fights between top clubs to sign him. Seems like Chelsea got him very easily.

• History

@Gonlazo111 True, I'm really surprised how Chelsea got him for how much? around 30M? I also really surprised by the fact that there were no fights between top clubs to sign him. Seems like Chelsea got him very easily.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Totally deserved.

@Dyn: +1 for Sanchez.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Rumours are saying that Hazard was the winner but Kante intercepted it. Congrats, totally deserved.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy That comment is legendary +1 mate. :D

@Dynastian Anyway dynast, how would you feel about comparing Busquet, Casemiro, Kante and some of the other defensive midfielder in the world, who would be the best right now between all of them in your opinion? Can Kante hope to be considered the world best DCM one day soon?

• History

@Dynastian Anyway dynast, how would you feel about comparing Busquet, Casemiro, Kante and some of the other defensive midfielder, who would be the best right now between those three in your opinion? Can Kante hope to be considered the world best DCM one day soon?

@Dynastian Anyway dynast, how would you feel about comparing Busquet, Casemiro, Kante and some of the other defensive midfielder in the world, who would be the best right now between those three in your opinion? Can Kante hope to be considered the world best DCM one day soon?

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

lol @quickzyyy

Thoroughly deserved for Kante. Really admire this guy for what he's achieved so far in his career, including Leicester. I would put this guy in my current World's best XI because he's that good a player.

On the other hand, congratulations to Dele Alli as well for winning Young player of the year! Idc if he's English and overhyped, I really see a bright future in this lad, and I hope he stays with Spurs for as long as he can. Spurs are currently on a meteoric rise towards becoming a real powerhouse.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

I think Busquets is really hard to compare because he controls the tempo of the game, and he's definitely the best in the world at that. Busquets doesn't really specialize in tackling or breaking down offenses. Casemiro and Kante are more destroyer-type midfielders, and I think Kante is the better of the two. Casemiro is still phenomenal, though, and he'll be at a world-class level very soon (if he isn't there already!).

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Interesting analysi, think there another player in the world comparable to Kante and Casemiro? In their playing style and their talent?

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emo: good question.

@Dyn: spot on. Damn, Real's mid have everything that important, a butcher-destroyer Casemiro, a tempo control and direct game play @Modric, and a attacking mid god @Kroos. Im jealous

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

really hoped either Kane or alli would win it though. alli was superb this year!

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Real madrid has the perfect midfield, with amazing balance!

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

@quikzyyy - Absolutely awesome mate!! :D (I told you that you had good humour!! Lol!)

Yeah, fully deserved, massive congrats N'golo Kante (who goes around in a Mini!) #ClassGuy :)

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

For me i was surprised Ibra came third. Surely this spot should have gone to Lukaku or even Kane. Ibra would have been bottom of the list for me. For sure he is a great player, but Sanchez, Kane, Lukaku, Hazard and Kante are all just better.

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

@legends - Look at the difference in their ages tho, and Ibra has never been in the PL before and still scored a lot of goals whereas all the other players have at least been in the PL once before. Obviously quite a biased opinion, but im sure its valid!?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dario True, and even if its a bit biased, you do aknoweldge that, wich make you argument all the more valid to me. XD