Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Karius did get injured in CL final.
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

So apparently, Karius suffered a concusion in the CL final or at the very least, he did had an injury which affected his performance. This was recently announced by the Massachusetts General Hospital of Boston where Karius was examined will being in vacation in the United State. There is no proof of when he had his injury, but it was propably before his two mistake. Thought?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So apparently, Karius suffered a concusion in the CL final or at the very least, he did had an injury which affected his performance. This was recently announced by the Massachusetts General Hospital of Boston where Karius was examined will being in vacation in the United State. Thought?

Comments
Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I've seen players get concussed live in the NBA countless times, and I have to say that a concussion, even a mild one, is extremely obvious. The initial shock from the trauma usually leaves a player on the ground or unable to move due to dizzyness or pain for a minute or two. Karius showed no such reactions in the middle of the game.

Moreover, the fact that this took 10 days for this news to come out makes me believe that this is likely a falsified rumor to save face. If Karius was really concussed, they would have dealt with this much sooner and we would have likely heard the news immediately proceeding the final.

Trust me, the NBA deals with concussions very seriously. I've seen players pick up knocks on the head and end up dazed. Concussions are pretty obvious IMO, and this seems like a fabricated lie by Liverpool so that Karius doesn't get blamed for everything.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

You can get a concussion and not know you have one. It's possible.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Possible, but his concentration levels have always been poor tbh. Not just the final. He was exposed badly in the final. I guess this can somewhat explain the first goal, but the second one I’m not as sure.

Pupper 6 years ago Edited
Juventus 0 214

Bs. Only a poor excuse for the worst performance of a gk in a cl final, ever. If i'm not mistaken, he also made a similiar mistake to Bale's longshot against Roma in the semis, when he pushed Kolarov's longshot into the crossbar and out. Did he also have a concusion then?

• History

Bs. Only a poor excuse for the worst performance of a gk in a cl final, ever. If i'm not mistaken, he also made a similiar mistake to Bale's longshot against Roma in the semis, when he pushed Kolarov's longshot into the woodwork and out. Did he also have a concusion then?

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

At the time of our evaluation, Mr. Karius’s principal residual symptoms and objective signs suggested that visual spatial dysfunction existed and likely occurred immediately following the event.

Well, you can look at it from both sides:

1. We all know Karius is not Neuer and he is making some mistakes from time to time. He could have been under too much pressure and just made mistakes like every single human being.

2. The hit from Ramos actually hit the nerve. You can say whatever you want how Ramos is not not this and not that but the fact that he has most red and yellow cards in the history of LaLiga, the Champions League, and the Spain national team. Says actually something.

Whenever he deliberately tried to injure any player is question for everyone personally. While I don't think he wants to break a leg of anyone, we all know he is a hot head and will do all he can to bring advantage to his team. Whenever it's dirty tackle, dive or anything else.

In my opinion every player is trying to fall on the ground to miss the contact with the opponent. Then, there's Sergio.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

i don't actually know what a concussion is, but I'm petty sure it doesn't make you throw a ball in the wrong direction!

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Interesting opinions, my own view are a compromise of Sun and amir point however. It could be that he actually didn't realize he had one, for all we know, however, it doesn't change the fact Karius never was the greatest goalkeeper in the world and he propably could have made some of those mistake, even he was completely healty.

@Dynast I get what you mean but its not as simple as that, just take WC final 2014 and Kramer injury against Argentina, he clearly looked like he had a concusion however, he continued playing for 14 minutes following his injury. German player tend to be hard on themselve especially in big occassion. So it could be it.

@Lio Definition from Wikipedia:

Concussion, also known as mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) is typically defined as a head injury that temporarily affects brain functioning.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

Kramer didn't know the date or time after he got hit on the head. He had no idea he was playing in the World Cup final. That is what a concussion feels like.

Also, Karius has a history of such blunders, which is why I don't believe this story at all.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian Yeah, but we didn't exactly ask Karius if he know what time it was or if he knew he was playing in the final. :P But yeah, I get your point.

• History

@Dynastian Yeah, but we didn't exactly ask Karius if he know what time it was or if he knew he was playing in the final. :P