Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

La Liga W33: El Classico
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Real Madrid has a 3 point lead with a game still to play.

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently. Although Gareth Bale remains a doubt for Real Madrid, but Isco has upstaged him recently so it does not look like Real will be missing him nearly as much as Barca will miss Neymar.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Barcelona

A poll is provided to vote for the outcome of this match:

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually and invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually, invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

Comments
kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

With Neymar suspension and barca's defense, I honestly think there's no chance for barca. They should consider themselves lucky if they manage to get a point in Bernabeu. Tiki won't like it but with current situations and forms, no one can deny it.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Madrid 3-1 Barca. Same prediction as you, Amerr.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

5-1 Real Madrid wins . Zidanes must win title for Real Madrid !

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

With the lame back line and mid of Barca? Lollll.

Watch out for MS though, if they are angry... and having a good day. Thing can get real ugly for Real.

Im going against the odd for this factor but wouldnt put much money in it

Barca 2 - 1 Real

• History

With the lame back line and mid of Barca? Lollll.

Watch out for MS though, if they are angry... and having a good day. Thing can get real ugly for Real

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm going to say Barca wins. They have this annoying little habit of winning when they shouldn't. That's literally all I'm based that on btw.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I hope Zidane is aggressive with his tactics.... physically harassing Messi will take care of their entire offense. Suarez can't create anything on his own because Enrique makes him stay between the two CBs. All we would need to do then is press their midfield like Juventus and PSG did, and we should get plenty of chances to score.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

somehow barca will win

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Real will win it. Barca won't even score.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

the only mediumish teams real madrid have left to play are sevilla and valencia. and unless they draw both or lose to one of them (and theres really no chance of that), barcelona can't overtake them. so its not even worth putting any effort into this game.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@liomessi Come on mate, that kind of mentality are why some club fail to win title, you must never give up. :D

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited

OMG! Only 24 hours to go!

Anyone else as excited? I certainly am!

The case with Neymar is getting comical. It seems Barca is pulling all the stops to try to get Neymar's ban lifted for the Classico. As you may know, he was suspended in the game against Malaga for getting 2 yellow cards. Normally that would mean a one game ban but as he was leaving the field, he sarcastically applauded the ref which added an additional 2 games for 'contempt of ref'. Those are the rules of the Spanish league. Of course, it won't surprise anyone to see that Barca again thinks rules should not apply to them. That they are special.

They've logged an appeal to the Spanish FA to remove the ban but it was denied. Now they've taken the case to the Sports Tribunal. However, they sent the paperwork to the Spanish Sports Tribunal one hour after their work-day ended on Friday. Even still, they scheduled an extraordinary meeting on Saturday at 12:00 to come to a decision and respond before the game but could not locate all of the members of the panel and therefore had to cancel.

Due to a legal loophole, if the Sports Tribunal does not respond before the game, they could technically field Neymar. However, I think if the decision comes back and the appeal is denied, with Neymar having played - than Real Madrid could appeal for them having fielded an illegible player and thus be given a 3-0 win regardless of the actual outcome. Although it does seem that the Sports Tribunal will schedule another meeting, if not - will send a notice explaining why Neymar can't play.

I find this wrong on so many levels. Neymar broke the rule and is suspended for the game. That's all there is to it. If it was any other team, do you honestly think they would be doing what Barcelona is? Regardless how important of a game it is. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Further reading: http://en.as.com/en/2017/04/22/football/1492848471_659066.html

• History

The case with Neymar is getting comical. It seems Barca is pulling all the stops to try to get Neymar's ban lifted for the Classico. As you may know, he was suspended in the game against Malaga for getting 2 yellow cards. Normally that would mean a one game ban but as he was leaving the field, he sarcastically applauded the ref which added an additional 2 games for 'contempt of ref'. Those are the rules of the Spanish league. Of course, it won't surprise anyone to see that Barca again thinks rules should not apply to them. That they are special.

They've logged an appeal to the Spanish FA to remove the ban but it was denied. Now they've taken the case to the Sports Tribunal. However, they sent the paperwork to the Spanish Sports Tribunal one hour after their work-day ended on Friday. Even still, they scheduled an extraordinary meeting on Saturday at 12:00 to come to a decision and respond before the game but could not locate all of the members of the panel and therefore had to cancel.

Due to a legal loophole, if the Sports Tribunal does not respond before the game, they could technically field Neymar. However, I think if the decision comes back and the appeal is denied, with Neymar having played - than Real Madrid could appeal for them having fielded an illegible player and thus be given a 3-0 win regardless of the actual outcome.

I find this wrong on so many levels. Neymar broke the rule and is suspended for the game. That's all there is to it. If it was any other team, do you honestly think they would be doing what Barcelona is? Regardless how important of a game it is. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Due to a legal loophole, if the Sports Tribunal does not respond before the game, they could technically field Neymar. However, I think if the decision comes back and the appeal is denied, with Neymar having played - than Real Madrid could appeal for them having fielded an illegible player and thus be given a 3-0 win regardless of the actual outcome.

Further reading: http://en.as.com/en/2017/04/22/football/1492848471_659066.html

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Draw.

Amerr30 7 years ago

@Golazo, that is the most likeliest of outcomes considering that it would keep our advantage and Barca would save some face.

However, we've played 1-1 at the Camp Nou earlier in the season. You would think that they would do one better in front of their own fans. Both teams have injuries and suspensions though, and neither team will be full strength. Not to mention, the grueling 120 minutes Real play in midweek, while a day later Barcelona played. Even if Real got some extra rest, I think those extra 30 minutes where our played had to dig really deep ensures that the extra day of rest will mean nothing.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I feel like the winner of El Clasico is only half-relevant to the title... the other half is for bragging rights.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

This is very importent for us to win I don't know why people say sevila and Valencia are not that strong.
These two teams could make us lose 3pts each so we must win tomorrow. Bale is back but I hope he doesn't field him from start.

Tomorrow what I think real line up should be is

Ronaldo Benzema asensio

Kross Casemiro Modric

Marcelo Ramos Nacho Carvajal

Must rest modric 70th min same with Benz

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Dynast Doesn't matter who win, both team can be incredibly strong at their best. Nothing to brag about, the winner will only be the one who was the best on the day and losing won't take anything to either of these team other than 3 point, they will still be two of the best of the world. Both team will propably be fatigued from their CL game though so I don't really expect the best of game.

@Salahadin How been Nacho doing for you guys? I know he was pretty good against Bayern do you feel he is good enough to replace Pepe and Varane? Anyway, that a good choice of lineup, but I wonder if Zidane won't rather rest some of his player. Hope he only bring Bale in the second half so he can get back in the game at his own rythm, wouldn't want him to get another injury.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Nacho has been very solid he actually playing better than Varane did for us. His only weakness is air duels other than that I rate him very high. He has proven himself playing in the biggest matches Bayern Atletico Etc I wouldn't mind giving him Pepes place once retire.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Amerr30 Most people predict a home victory but I honestly think it's going to be a draw because both teams have alot to lose if they risk it.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo So you think they will play defensively? Actually make a lot of sense, especially since most of the player in the pitch won't be rested.

@Salahadin Wow, impress to hear that. Happy to see Madrid will have a solid backup for a time after Pepe leave.

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

It'll be a draw, but Barcelona are going to be missing their tempo maker (Neymar), so it will be a lot harder for them. Plus, they are the away side. However, El Clasico ended 4 0 to Barcelona the last time it was at the Bernabeu, so factors like these are irrelevant.

• History

It'll be a draw, but Barcelona are going to be missing their tempo maker (Neymar), so it will be a lot harder for them. Plus, they are the away side, but El Clasico ended 4 0 to Barcelona, so factors like these are irrelevant.