Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

La Liga W33: El Classico
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Real Madrid has a 3 point lead with a game still to play.

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently. Although Gareth Bale remains a doubt for Real Madrid, but Isco has upstaged him recently so it does not look like Real will be missing him nearly as much as Barca will miss Neymar.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Barcelona

A poll is provided to vote for the outcome of this match:

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually and invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually, invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Gozalo: i love it when you are a natural fan, then you talk sense. When it comes to Real you are not as you claim to be. I hope yoi stick with that (natural fan) though

@Golazo: You're a wonderful addition to this community. Keep it up man. Don't be bothered by 'some comments', just keep doing what you're doing.

BTW: Tuan, Golazo: It's "neutral" not natural. lol.

• History

@Golazo: You're a wonderful addition to this community. Keep it up man. Don't be bothered, just keep doing what you're doing.

@Golazo: You're a wonderful addition to this community. Keep it up man. Don't be bothered by 'some comments', just keep doing what you're doing.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Amer always so salty. Like I've told you before, Real also crowed the ref. Are they pathetic as well? It was great game and either could have won it. Barca had messi who made the difference with Ramos helping out big time. Stupid two footed tackle I hope he gets a 4 match suspension like Neymar for clapping the ref in contempt.

Amerr30 7 years ago

Real swarming the ref like Barca? Come on..

And I think he was clapping Pique, not the ref.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

my dad insists real madrid a re going to lose AT LEAST, two more games this season. lol, but if we win now, it will be soo freakin dramatic!

raimondo90 7 years ago

Well that's a debate the Spanish league will have to settle. It looked like he did the talking gesture to pique and the clapping to the ref. The guy couldn't even believe he was getting a red.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I'm kind of tired of seeing Barcelona win the league, lol. They've been annoyingly consistent.

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

have to swallow my words. I thought Barca wouldn't have a chance considering the conditions of their midfield, backline and absence of Neymar BUT oh man, Messssssssiiiii............... Without a doubt, messi is a better player than ronaldo. I believe most neutral fans (like me) would agree with me. I don't mean ronaldo is not a good player. Of course, he's one of the best out there but Messi is just another level.

Amerr30 7 years ago

Real still has a game in hand to play, even if they draw that game, they'll be leaders. I don't think, even with this result, that Barca will win the league. They've just made it a bit more interesting, that's all.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Amerr

We still have to win every single game. Next one is away at Deportivo without Ramos, Pepe, Bale, and Varane.

raimondo90 7 years ago

Kyo I feel like that debate swaps every weekend based on who scored more goals that week. They are certainly the two best players of all time.

raimondo90 7 years ago

Dy, who would play CB? Nacho will be accompanied by who?

liomessi10 7 years ago

if Malaga can do to real what they did to Barcelona, or if Sevilla actually put their life into it, then we might actually have some hope. its funny how small teams literally have some kinda control now over who wins the league

liomessi10 7 years ago

we still have Villarreal and las plasmas. both teams can be a real challenge on their day!

kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

@raimondo90 It's just my personal opinion. I honestly believe messi is better than ronaldo.

• History

@raimondo90 don't compare players based on goals or statistics. It's just my personal opinion. I honestly believe messi is better than ronaldo.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

What would you know, Sunflash was right once again. He is starting to make an habit out of it. :D

• History

What would you know, Sunflahs was right once again. He is starting to make an habit out of it. :D

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

ramaboy10 7 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

GOAT. What a God. Haters can chat as much shit as they want and talk about how Barcelona 'beg the ref' etc etc. but there is no denying Messi is the greatest in the world.

Messi took a beating from Marcelo and Ramos and still came out on top in the end. What a God.

This result could work in Reals favor with Barca bringing our team back down to earth. It might make them work harder when they face Atletico in semis, as well as playing the remaining each game of La Liga as a final.

You never know. La Liga just got very interesting though.

Tiki: You again.. and Owning, really? Against 10 men? I'd embarrassed of using such words. It's all good though, enjoy your Wednesday nights. ;)

• History

This result could work in Reals favor with Barca bringing our team back down to earth. It might make them work harder when they face Atletico in semis, as well as playing the remaining each game of La Liga as a final.

Owning, really? Against 10 men? I'd embarrassed of using such words. It's all good though, enjoy your Wednesday nights. ;)

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

0-4 or 2-6 ? Give your ego a rest...

• History

0-4 or 2-6 ?