Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

La Liga W33: El Classico
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Real Madrid has a 3 point lead with a game still to play.

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently. Although Gareth Bale remains a doubt for Real Madrid, but Isco has upstaged him recently so it does not look like Real will be missing him nearly as much as Barca will miss Neymar.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Barcelona

A poll is provided to vote for the outcome of this match:

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually and invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually, invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

Comments
Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Congrats Barca, an enjoyable match with great goals. Barcelona was much more clinical than we were and a deserved 3pts. Hopefully this doesn't decide the outcome.

Now, as for the red card, I'll try my absolute best to make a case as to why it was a yellow instead of a red. But before that, I must mention that the refs did a good job this game. 8/10

Some of you might argue that 1) it was a two-footed tackle and that it was a counter attack. I see your logic, and it was a tough call for the ref. But check this out: Vidal's tackle on Asensio was a two-footed tackle, only that he made contact with the ball before Asensio, making it a proper tackle. Ramos' tackle on the other hand was also a two-footed tackle, but it didn't make contact with the ball nor Messi, making this a red card? Also, speaking about fouls on counter-attacks, there's a HUGE difference between a tackle from behind and a face-to-face tackle.

So, if you found this to be a red card in your opinion, what's the difference between Vidal and Ramos' situations? If Vidal touching the ball makes this legal then, shouldn't Ramos not touching the ball nor the player make the tackle valid as well? enter image description here

I think, and I'm being honest here, the red card was shown because of the reputation Ramos has. I guarantee you had this been someone else, a yellow would've been shown. But players like Ramos, Costa, Pepe etc have created this image for themselves and there's no one to blame but for them.

All in all, great match, congrats once more to the rivals, and again, I hope this doesn't deiced who wins this trophy in May.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Casemiro is also building a reputation tho.
Seriously, the action live was unreal, at the replay it looked less blatant ONLY BECAUSE MESSI JUMPED TO AVOID LEG BREAKING. Ramos went to hurt, he wasn't looking for the ball at Vidal's or Nani's opposite. For me that's straight card.

And to be sincere, Ramos always escape from being sent off home, against small teams he has almost free card to do whatever intentional foul he wants. He got surprised to see red, as he was expecting a yellow intentional yellow. For me there is no Orange, Messi is lucky to escape from such a leg breaking tackle...

That being said, if Benzema missed this free net tap in Ronaldo had, he would have been hanged in the morning...

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Tiki: dont get cocky mate, the league is far from over. Never know who might have the last laugh.

@Madarista: its an absolute red, super high pace two foot challenge can end a player career. Its blatant, most players have to jump if he doesnt want a long lasting injury that might come back and back again. Thats enough for a straight red, then Ramos was almost the last defender although its very far...

The rest, what a beautiful game.

That was well put, Madridista. I don't want to talk about the red, aside from being proud of my team for scoring and going for the win with a man less. Saying we got owned is a ridiculous interpretation of what happened in the field.

[Edited by moderator.]

• History

That was well put, Madridista. I don't want to talk about the red, aside from being proud of my team for scoring and going for the win with a man less. Saying we got owned is a ridiculous interpretation of what happened in the field.

Tiki: Give it a rest man. Why do you got to be such a sore loser even when you win? I don't want to get into with you, but seriously, you need help. Professional help. Must you keep provoking people for a response? Your team won the derby, be happy. Celebrate. Instead you are trying to get one over me.

Tiki: Give it a rest man. Why do you got to be such a sore loser even when you win? I don't want to get into with you, but seriously, you need help. Professional help. Must you keep provoking people for a response? Your team won the derby, be happy. Congrats! Celebrate. Instead you are trying to get one over me.

Madridista11 7 years ago

Ramos went to hurt, he wasn't looking for the ball at Vidal's or Nani's opposite.

Knowing Ramos, I wouldn't write that off. But that also proves my point about how this card was shown out of reputation. In my opinion, the ref has no right to judge the intentions of a player. His job is to call fouls that happened. This was a yellow in my eyes and if you think otherwise than I respect your opinion.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I thought it was a yellow as well. Ramos' reputation hurt him, but in the end that's still his own fault.

Madridista11 7 years ago

@Tuan then let's be consistent as to what we view as a red, yellow, or no call. Tackles, whether soft or harsh, carry a level of risk. If both the tackler and the receiver meet at the wrong time, the level of the tackle is meaningless.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ramos was a split-second away from getting the ball. He makes tackles like those regularly, and nails them too. The only difference was that Messi was a tad too quick and managed to poke the ball away at the last second. The follow through was rough, but these tackles happen on a daily basis. Let's not treat this tackle in a different light just because it's Ramos on Messi.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Ramos got a red card mostly for the same reason why Vidal got his red card just a bit boosted by the fact that he fouled Messi.

But most people won't understand what I just said. Either way, deserved red card.

• History

Ramos got a red card mostly for the same reason why Vidal got his red card just a bit boosted by the fact that he fould Messi.

But most people won't understand what I just said. Either way, deserved red card.

Ramos got a red card mostly for the same reason why Vidal got his red card just a bit boosted by the fact that he foueld Messi.

Madridista11 7 years ago

^ Man, reputation is sooo important in the game. Cristiano and Neymar don't get the right calls at times cause they're known as divers.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The moment Messi touched the ball, I knew Ramos was going to try to stop him that way. Ramos didn't went for the ball, not a second. If there is a player that the ball never leave his feet more than half meter, it has to be Messi.
Madrid should have seen red in first half, Zidane subbed Casemiro for a reason.

If Ramos grabbed the shirt of Messi, I would not blame him, 1 VS 1 when Messi takes speed is 99% won and it was high chance of third goal comming. But Ramos did it the worst way. He already tried to hurt Messi several times in the past, plus Marcelo's elbow.
It would have been a scandal If Madrid ended up with eleven.

@ dynast good job deleting my comments wich are replies to insults and then just moderating others at times, so Im not supposed to answer these " valuable memebers " ?

There are not many options, he should learn to take his own Medecine or stop doing it, there is no third option. Thinking he can freely insult then hide behind a mod in case there is a response, we aren't in primary school.

• History

The moment Messi touched the ball, I knew Ramos was going to try to stop him that way. Ramos did went for the ball, not a second. If there is a player that the ball never leave his feet more than half meter, it has to be Messi.

If Ramos grabbed the shirt of Messi, I would not blame him, 1 VS 1 when Messi takes speed is 99% won and it was high chance of third goal comming. But Ramos did it the worst way. He already tried to hurt Messi several times in the past, plus Marcelo's elbow.
It would have been a scandal If Madrid ended up with ten.

@ dynast good job deleting my comments wich are replies to insults and then just moderating others at times, so Im not supposed to answer these " valuable memebers " ?

The moment Messi touched the ball, I knew Ramos was going to try to stop him that way. Ramos didn't went for the ball, not a second. If there is a player that the ball never leave his feet more than half meter, it has to be Messi.

It would have been a scandal If Madrid ended up with ten.

It would have been a scandal If Madrid ended up with eleven.

Madridista11 7 years ago

Hey now, leave Marcelo ALONE! haha. No seriously, I don't think Marcelo was trying to seriously harm Messi in anyway. Looking at the replay, I don't know why his elbow was up there, but I know for a fact Marcelo is not that kinda guy

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Ramos slides in at high speed and nail them on daily basis. YES
Ramos slides in with 2 feet in a career ending foul on daily. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I dont think you guys should defend for these incident, especially the elbow on Messi face, did Marcelo intentially wanted to break Messi jaw, no. Did he want to commit a sneak foul and mess with the opponent mind? yES. In any book that would be at least a yellow, and when it has obvious consequence like that: RED. But Im glad Messi didnt make a big deal or try to aggressively revenge. We had such a beautiful football game to watch.

If Benzema scored that header... wow never know.

I love every bit of this game except the useless linesman. And i wish Ramos hadnt been that silly.

Madridista11 7 years ago

@Ruan sigh... I don't think you read my posts. I'm not.defending Ramos in anyway, I'm saying had this been someone else it'd be a different outcome.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

I did, t could be, but it doesnt mean its right. Im talking about the foul itself and I disagree its a yellow.

But for the sake of the argument, since Messi avoided the tackle, with another one with less reputation, may be you and Dynastian are right it could be different

Btw, I had all my respect on how Real put up such a fight with 10 men, they had about 3 great counters and all were dangerous.

Btw, Suarez was not good today was he? And what stupid Ramos gonna get with that clapping and pointing?

• History

I did, t could be, but it doesnt mean its right. Im talking about the foul itself and I disagree its a yellow.

Btw, I had all my respect on how Real put up such a fight with 10 men, they had about 3 great counters and all were dangerous.

Btw, Suarez was not good today was he?

But for the sake of the argument, since Messi avoided the tackle, with another one with less reputation, they it could be different

But for the sake of the argument, since Messi avoided the tackle, with another one with less reputation, may be you and Dynastian are right it could be different

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I can see Marcelo's elbow just being an accident. Maybe he intended to do it but it didn't really appear that way.

That two footed tackle should always be a red regardless of who did it. You cant go in like that and expect to remain on the field.

I thought Suarez was ok. He did a couple good moves especially distracting Ramos which opened up a lot of space for Messi. He did only have a couple of chances most going wide.

Ronaldo was pretty poor. His finishing was sloppy and on a few occasions I saw that his pressence was actually hindering Madrid as players opted to pass to him regardless of his position or marking instead of playing it with someone else or taking the chance themselves. A particular one that comes to mind was a break away from Ascensio who decided to pass to Ronaldo instead of shooting.

Madridista11 7 years ago

@Raimondo If that's the case, same rule should be applied to Vidal Let's not be biased and say one is guilty and the other is innocent.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

A particular one that comes to mind was a break away from Ascensio who decided to pass to Ronaldo instead of shooting

Thats only a mistake of Asensio, it's ridiculous that you even try to blame that on Ronaldo, even he was suprised by the pass, the most normal decision making there was to shoot but he passed and Ronaldo didn't even expect it and just blew it in offside over the bar.

Later when Asensio should have passed he chose to shoot, he seems to have random decision making.

Sergio Ramos quotes after the game:

"The red card was excessive and conditioned us for the rest of the game. It’s true that I was late and my tackle was conspicuous, but I’d never hurt an opponent deliberately.

“Messi did very well, he jumped and you could see that I didn’t touch him.

“Geri [Pique] spends all day commenting on the referees and putting pressure on them.

“At the end of the game, I told him that with so much pressure and so many complaints, he’d eventually get the upper hand.

“I know he said that I’d regret it once I saw the images, but after five minutes of cooling off, I feel the same way.

“I don’t have any problems with him, just don’t ask me to give him a hug right now.”

I love this guy.

• History

Sergio Ramos quotes after the game:

"The red card was excessive and conditioned us for the rest of the game. It’s true that I was late and my tackle was conspicuous, but I’d never hurt an opponent deliberately.

“Messi did very well, he jumped and you could see that I didn’t touch him.

“Geri [Pique] spends all day commenting on the referees and putting pressure on them.

“At the end of the game, I told him that with so much pressure and so many complaints, he’d eventually get the upper hand.

“I know he said that I’d regret it once I saw the images, but after five minutes of cooling off, I feel the same way.

“I don’t have any problems with him, just don’t ask me to give him a hug right now.”

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

May I highlight hypocracy here about intentions because same members here were labeling Costa as always master evil who totally intended . I agree though it was solid yellow and Ramos didn't intend it . Referees job is to judge every foul individually without any influence of prior reputation of the player . It is injustice if referees will keep passing out yellows and reds just because player is known to be rough or dirty whatever you want to call it .