Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

La Liga W33: El Classico
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Real Madrid has a 3 point lead with a game still to play.

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently. Although Gareth Bale remains a doubt for Real Madrid, but Isco has upstaged him recently so it does not look like Real will be missing him nearly as much as Barca will miss Neymar.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Barcelona

A poll is provided to vote for the outcome of this match:

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually and invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually, invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

I swear that Pique and Ramos is still a better love story than twilight. XD

enter image description here

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Congratulations Barcelona Fans, You guys deserved the win.
Ter stegn should also be given some praises people, he was absolutely amazing, the saves against Modric, Kroos, Ronaldo and Benzema were definite goals without him, and the same goes from Navas, he made great saves as well, especially against Suarez voley. The Paco and Pique save were also great. First el classico I've seen where goalkeepers are stars of the match!

But why didnt zidane play Isco i the real question? He is in the form of his life, and only he can stop Messi without actually fouling him, remeber the 3-1 win for real? Isco was Messi's shadow or watch dog, he kept an eye on him for his every movement. You need a player like him to stop Messi without risking any yellow cards.

whoever said Ronaldo was poor is dumb, He had a decent game overall, he was lethal in the first half, was involved in every counter and tested Stegn quite a lot, plus without him the second goal scored by James wouldn't even happen, Ronaldo dragged Pique and 2 other players giving James all the space and time he needs.

Benz and Bale are awful, Benzema couldn't even make a proper 1-2 with Ronaldo, he didnt even penetrated the defense when he had too, Modric kept searching for forwards to run down the defensive line but benzema was very slow.

The game was evenly matched and could've been worse for Madrid if Messi scored the open net in the end of the first half, could've completely destroyed Madrid's momentum. Ronaldos miss was actually for the best, he couldn't even scored it becasue his whole body was ahead of the pass so he just tried to kick the ball in an oddly balance and even if it did went in, Barca fans will keep nagging about it being an offside goal, so it was better for going for a fair win.

I am actually not that upset, we played really well, lovely football, quick counters and nice simple passes. this game reminded me of the last year el classico, where everyone wrote Madrid off but suddenly we were the ones who grabbed the win. Barca yesterday had nothing to lose, they just had to go all out and they did, both teams made a great Performance but Messi and MATs got the better end.

Plorad 7 years ago
Everton, Poland 0 3

Real win tihs league so much .
I like it very much as they are playing now

decentK 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

What a game. Did anyone notice Suarez's clever block of Nacho to get Nacho out of the way from Messi's shot? He knew exactly which kind of finish Messi would do.

"I thought it was a yellow as well. Ramos' reputation hurt him, but in
the end that's still his own fault."

LOOOOL, most blatant red I've ever seen, there's not even a debate. That's not how to tackle in football. Dunno if I am being naive, but I could even say one hasn't watched football in the last 5 yrs, if one thinks that was really a yellow card.

The tackle is literally straight from this video

• History

What a game. Did anyone notice Suarez's clever block of Nacho to get Nacho out of the way from Messi's shot? He knew exactly which kind of finish Messi would do.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@rayex7: very well said.

Btw, I see people made fun about how Ronaldo missed the last chance, watch the highlight again, I think it wasn't a good pass (let's ignore the offside thing here), the ball was slightly behind Ronaldo, and in intense game like this, that pass wasn't good enough.

Bravo to both teams for such a great game. I think both Goalies deserve tremendous praises for the incredible stops.

I think Ramos deserves a 4 matches ban to make it consistent with Neymar ban (clapping, provoking, pointing at crowd etc..). And Suarez, Busquet, should be sent to and education center for not crying everytime.

• History

@rayex7: very well said.

Btw, I see people made fun about how Ronaldo missed the last chance, watch the highlight again, I think it wasn't a good pass (let's ignore the offside thing here), the ball was slightly behind Ronaldo, and in intense game like this, that pass wasn't good enough.

Bravo to both teams for such a great game. I think both Goalies deserve tremendous praises for the incredible stops.

I think Ramos deserves a 4 matches ban to make it consistent with Neymar ban. And Suarez, Busquet, should be sent to and education center for not crying everytime.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Ramos was clapping get at Pique not the refs. There's a little history between the two.

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@tuan Nop, I think the offside thing needs to be considered here. Had he not been offside, it would've been perfect pass you know.. but he was too far ahead. If Asensio (or whoever it was) was to play it further, it would've been intercepted. This was 2nd time in a week where Cristiano ran 1-2 metres too far.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@decentK: ok then, fair enough, mate.

Ronaldo has become a true super poacher (remember Inzaghi?)... that helps him to score a lot too, but sometimes got into offside position and this.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

real madrid got owned. a goal in the last second of the game. damn,

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

Can we just agree it was an awesome game and there were some brillant goal and individual prestation.

quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

that's a red card any day, if someone did this to Alexis, Hazard, Ronaldo or anyone else you wouldn't say it's a yellow.

@Emo is right, let's appreciate we had an amazing football night with a lot of chances and goals as well

• History

that's a red card any day, if someone did this to Alexis, Hazard, Ronaldo or anyone else you wouldn't say it's a yellow.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The amazing saves from Ter Stegen and Navas are the only reason why this game didn't have 10 goals in total :D

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Amerr on Ramos he would never hurt a player deliberately...

• History

Amerr on Ramos he would never hurt a player deliberately...

00000233af7bdd3a

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yeah lets wait till he ends up Messi's career Marcus to give him red.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

lol

SoccerBoss 7 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Barça won. Yay

I literally just quoted what Ramos said, and I believe him.

Hell, I bet I could find a picture that makes even Messi look like he's deliberately trying to hurt someone, let alone a defender. Whenever they are late in a tackle, it will look malicious. Given that Messi has quick feet, he's bound to get tackled that way. You trying to make Ramos look like some bad guy is not going to work. Everyone knows he's a hot-head and the reason why he's such a great defender is because he's willing to tackle that way. He usually gets them right, too. That is why he's a captain of the Spanish NT - and not Pique.

• History

I literally just quoted what Ramos said, and I believe him.

Hell, I bet I could find a picture that makes even Messi look like he's deliberately trying someone, let alone a defender. Whenever they are late in a tackle, it will look malicious. Given that Messi has quick feet, he's bound to get tackled that way. You trying to make Ramos look like some bad guy is not going to work. Everyone knows he's a hot-head and the reason why he's such a great defender is because he's willing to tackle that way. He usually gets them right, too. That is why he's a captain of the Spanish NT - and not Pique.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Amer yet he is also the player with most red cards on Real madrids history and I also believe la ligas history with something like 22 or so. I can't recall the exact amount. So no, in fact he makes dirty tackles and pays the price more often than not. Him being captain is due to his responsibility and leadership, not his willingness to make these tackles.

That is true. I said he's a hot-head. The fact that he makes great tackles is the reason he has grown into such a player though. Had it not been for that, he wouldn't be at a top club and everything else that goes along with that.

The reason he tried that tackle is because he really gives it his all every time he's on the pitch, does everything he can to stop the opposing team from scoring. That is why he made that tackle and also why he's a captain, not just his leadership. It's his passion that made him a darling of not just Madridistas but the entire Country.

• History

That is true. I said he's a hot-head. The fact that he makes great tackles is the reason he has grown into such a player though. Had it not been for that, he wouldn't be at a top club and everything else that goes along with that

That is true. I said he's a hot-head. The fact that he makes great tackles is the reason he has grown into such a player though. Had it not been for that, he wouldn't be at a top club and everything else that goes along with that.

The reason he tried that tackle is because he really gives it his all every time he's on the pitch, does everything he can to stop the opposing team from scoring. That is why he made that tackle and also why he's a captain, not just his leadership. It's his passion.